Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Still not getting high.

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by SubjectBeef103, May 9, 2015.

1. Hey everyone, I have a question. So I've smoked four times now, and I still havent gotten high :( I've used a blunt, a pipe, and smoked a joint twice. I was just wondering if this was normal?

Ps. I'm getting a really bad throat burn that I didn't get the first time I smoked, anyone know anything about that?

2. Yea it's normal

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. Yeah that's how I was too man, it took me a few times as well. The way it was explained to me was that for some people it takes a few times smoking to get your cannabinoid receptors in your brain to "process" the THC.

First I would roll a joint, when you smoke it fill your lungs up with smoke till they're about half full then take a short breath of air and hold for around 5 seconds and repeat.

I wish you the best of luck in your endeavor sir.

4. Thanks 😃

5. The first 3 times I smoked I didn't get high either. I really thought I guess weed just doesn't work for me. Then one night when in a car with friends they started passing around a joint, and I was like another waste of time. You guessed it, I was wrecked. Started to get paranoid, but eventually calmed down. From then on I could get stoned with 1 hit. It will happen for you.

6. Yea took me about 3 times or so to actually get high as well.

7. shiiiit, hate when this happens.
    I find different ways of smoking/consuming weed contributes to a different kind of high...I find if i was pipe toking a lot and i switch to my bong or pax ploom vaporizer or even ghetto shit like a 3rd lung or gravity bong will give you a different kind of high which will make you feel more high then usual.

with joints/blunts, i usually take a drag of a cig and it give me a massive headrush (*i dont smoke cigs often*)
    when your throat is burning thats your body telling you to stop smoking...take a 48-72 hour break and drink lots of honey-lemon tea and i like to drink hot and cold arizona green tea with ginseng and honey...after that t-break i find my throat doesnt hurt nearly as bad as before. Or vape...when you start vaping you can always smoke your already vaped weed or mix it with joints.

other then that man...seriously try a gravity bong. 4-5 hits should do the trick.
    hope this helped:)

8. Naa not really normal.

Every case of heard of someone not getting high their few times was because they weren't inhaling. And I know OP is going to quote me and say "but I am inhaling" and I'm going to respond "no your not"

9. It took me about 7 to 8 times before I got high. I thought I was inhaling right, but it wasn't until I used this hookah-type bubbler that I got really high. 

If inhaling is the problem, try and pretend like you're sucking a straw. I find this helps people draw the smoke into their lungs. Or try edibles if you can get them. Try using as many different methods as you can, and eventually it will happen. Stay strong OP.

10. Smoke a bong and you should get pretty toasty, if inhaling is really the problem (for some people it is) then the only way to explain it would be draw the smoke into your mouth then take a huge breath (imagine coming up for air while swimming). Good luck OP

11. I got high on my 2nd try, long ago.
    Have you considered trying edibles? That might do the trick on awakening your receptors. 

12. I had a friend who burnt through over 4g of bud before he smoked with me and i realized he wasn't inhaling. It came down to me telling him to hold his nose shut with his fingers while hitting and having him take a deep breath with the smoke in his mouth. Point is try whatever it takes and don't waste your weed. Also if you're new to smoking and when you take your hits your'e not coughing or atleast feeling a burning sensation in your upper chest, it's a pretty good indication that your'e not inhaling. My friend coughed for like a solid 3 minutes straight on his third or fourth good hit lol. He got hella high tho.
    Remember: "You gotta cough to get off"