If I knocked on you door..

Discussion in 'Politics' started by yurigadaisukida, May 8, 2015.

Toronto?  Not prying, just wondering.

Booze is heavily taxed up here, same with cigs and gasoline.  Eating out is more expensive and portions are a lot smaller than in the USA.  Plus, with the lower dollar, most imported items have seen a hefty price increase, food included.  So make sure a negotiate a decent per diem, if that's on the table.

2. #62 Lenny., May 10, 2015
    Last edited: May 10, 2015
    It'd be in Hamilton, but this all is not set in stone yet, still got ways to go. I have a good idea of what Hamilton's like. Pretty industrial.  I know the employer pretty well, so pay won't be a problem. Hell I still eat like a broke college student most of the time so that's fine

3. If you knocked on my door and pointed a gun at me when I opened it, I'd probably just close the door and come back with a bigger gun.

Sent from somewhere in Canada.

4. I would say "come in" and as you walk in a bucket of water would fall on your head

5. welcome to the USSA buddy. cheers. http://theantimedia.org/police-abduct-10-children-kentucky-off-the-grid-lifestyle/

6. As long as your kid can pass a standardized test then they are learning. Why does it matter how, if they are at the same level of intelligence as a public school student. What is wrong with living on Your own off of mother earth if you can and not only live off but provide others up to but not limited to entire neighborhoods? The only reason is because corporations would lose profits. They won't let that happen so they lobby reps with their company money. If people are wiling to start their own community's like this why is it a problem? Risk of lawsuit? Insurance? It all comes back to profiting off people.

7. Nothing is wrong with educating your kids at home.  The cops were there because of schooling laws and had nothing to do with living off grid.

8. I know it's hypothetical and satirical but don't do that yuri.

Bad life choices

Stupid games get you stupid prizes,
    LEO or citizen

i just imagined Shia Labeouf closing his door on an armed anime turning around getting shot in the back.

10. If they knocked on my front door id yell "Use the side door"...

Kuz I use the side door way more

11. #72 Shagnus, May 17, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2015
    Well, id assume you were a jehovahs witness, and that you were very serious about spreading the word of jesus. In that case, id let you in, cuz that would mean you got balls. I like someone with a big brave set of balls.

12. [​IMG]

13. We have potholes that are bad on my street but They have a crew that fixes them every two months or so.
    They come and spend all day fixing the potholes....and it's nice until it rains and the potholes come back until they come back to fix them
    The way I see it, if they fix all the potholes right, they won't have a job anymore

If the government wasn't so large they wouldn't need a lot of revenue, taxes could be cheaper and we can have more money to spend on other things besides taxes

14. The way I feel about anarchy is much in the same way I feel about anti vaccination people. I don't think either group is really that insane for taking the stance they do, it's good to be skeptical. I feel that people can take the stance of being anti vacc or anarchist because they weren't around to see the true effects of either of these ideologies.

Anarchists cant see how much of a mess certain aspect of life were before governmental entities, and anti vaccers can't see the horrors of diseases that we've almost successively eradicated through vaccinations.

In both cases the opposition comes down too strong on the other side and paints them to be worse than they are. In the end, however dysfunctional the current state is, I strongly believe that it would most likely be better than any anarchist society. I would wager to say that history supports that considering that man really started to achieve when they came together and created generally some form of government or decision making group which enacted and enforced laws. I think in some small controlled cases you can see things like anarchy work, but on the large scale I don't see it happening.

15. Being that I can see who pulls up to my house if I do not know you I usually come to the door armed. Desire to cause trouble well better be a better gunslinger then myself. Then I have a pistol, rifle or shotgun in almost every room just in case. I don't mess around either... .40 cal for handguns, 6.8 SPC and 300 Black Out for rifles. Give you a idea a M16/M4 which is a 5.56 round is a 55-70 grain round usually 60 something grain round. 300 Blackout is up to 220 grain. The difference is like a bike running into you vs a Mack Truck. Anyhow you will not be bothering anyone else if your intentions are ill. Then I live in the desert pretty far from anyone. You will be gone and it will take the cops about a hour to get to my place as it is off the beaten path. Problem solved.

16. The truth is you can be is big and bad ass as you want soon the police will just be the military or have a budget like the DOJ. When that happens smoke all the legal weed you want to keep your mind at ease when you see MRAPs and MATVs rolling down the streets. DUI inspection checkpoints and black hawks and chinooks flying around everywhere. Whether a conservative, Liberal, Anarchist, green party, Dem or Rep. It doesn't matter you will feel the crushing fist of tyranny. Your 220g rnds will keen shit when police patrol streets with 240b's and M2 .50cals expecially when our military generals have openly on the record stated they will pry the guns from our cold dead hands if such a law comes into affect as the UN is pushing on senate. This society is at its last stages. Just look at the history of the world's democracy's and how long they last and how they fail. Its always the same. The same will happen to our Empire. We have the largest military in world history spanning the entire globe besides RUS and parts of Asia. Its not gonna be good for the people here soon. Call people conspiracy theorist's it doesn't matter. Tons of conspiracies end up as know facts after long campaigns to discredit them. I own tons of firearms and have served 2 tour in Afghanistan and if there is one thing I learned, the main stream media 100% blatantly lies about just about everything. My skeptism started while enlisted, you would not believe the information that is just sitting on government websites or in government libraries. Declassified information published by the US gov and the MSM stays silent on it. Tons of stuff people right off as conspiracies, the government has already published the info and people are just to fucking dumb to go to a state library or a law school and look this information up. Instead they listen to the MSM tell them lies and make up race war mongering news.
    People rarely knock on my door and when they do I don't greet them with my firearms there's no need to where I live. The biggest thing I'm worried about in this day and age is police officers shooting me for some basic traffic stop. There have been over 15 unarmed ppl shot to death my police in the last 3 yrs within 30 minutes of me. Just ridiculous and never repercussion. Dumb fucks give up liberty for security. Ppl get pissed when all these stories pop up about rights being violated and I just have to laugh and wonder if they have even been paying attention to congress and senate for the last 11 years. You have no damn rights, the patriot act and the 2% of it that expired a could weeks ago makes it very clear that you do not have the protection of the US constitution. Seeing how the freedom act was passed pretty much extending the patriot act again beside bulk data collection of all US civilians after the 6 month extention they were granted.
    People care more about pacification ( TV iPads new phones recreational drugs and spending their debt notes on compulsive shopping to help the government collect more taxes and increased the debt ceiling. ) than their own rights