Tyranny Naturally Arises Out Of Democracy.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by DivineVictoryX, May 8, 2015.

1. #21 Uncle_Meat420, May 13, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2015

Glad I am I member of a large gang I mean Labor Union and don't have to deal with that Obamacare shit.

It sucks but the only way to fight a criminal organization is to join an opposing criminal organization. Even then though: Our union leaders are supposed to be fighting against corporate to do whats best for the workers and even though we have a contract that sets our rights and practices in stone, the union and company routinely use contractual violations by the company as poker chips to bargain with each other. The company has also worked out ways to literally subvert many parts of the contract.Sure we can turn in the paper work to complain but the company has no penaltys against it the union just says don't do it again, so they keep doing it. Not only that but our current president (of our labor union) was never a union member himself, he was a rich kid.

2. They dont necessarily have to take money to give it to someone else. No they have gone one step more sinister. They print money that is backed by no value, give it away and say, "well, eventually they will produce this value".

They have a pile of IOU's with our names as the debtors.

Printing money does not create wealth, it just creates more currency.

They still have to take the wealth away from us or our descendents.

4. That was my point. This is how we have a multi-trillion dollar debt. They are writing IOU's with the assurance that the tax payers will fulfill this debt.

That was my original point: They cannot give anyone a dollar without taking it from someone first -- whether currently or in the future is secondary.

The government has no wealth other than that which they confiscate from the people.

6. #26 yurigadaisukida, May 14, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2015
    You know they are just gonna default and make a new currency.

What if there really is gold in fort Knox and they are secretly planning on making a mew gold based currency to counter China's.

-yuri

7. #27 forty winks, May 14, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2015

And then just sort it out on the "battlefield"?  Or pennies on the dollar?

How would shake down?

8. I doubt they'll default or make a new currency.  More likely inflation will allow them to service the debt with worthless dollars.

9. Or cryptocurrencies undermine it?

10. Nothing gets done in America unless a politician/lobbyist/corporation benefits from it. Were all politicians so corrupt? Did they always require some sort of prize for actually doing their job? One example that comes to mind is drug testing welfare recipients. This is obviously an expensive farce but which lab company "got the contract" at the expense of the taxpayer? Round and round the well goes...

11. China and Japan may have something to say about that since each are currently holding about $1.2 trillion out of the $6 trillion in debt held by foreign countries. I doubt we'd really want to piss China. They've already warned us about our fiscal foolishness and absurd willingness to toy with default.  

"We ask that the United States earnestly takes steps to resolve in a timely way the political issues around the debt ceiling and prevent a US debt default to ensure the safety of Chinese investments in the United States,”  Mr Zhu told reporters in Beijing. “This is the United States' responsibility,” he added. --Oct 2013 warning over raising debt ceiling and default
    \n 
    Good luck in future efforts to fund the always popular "more govt is better so vote for me" ideology. They may have a wee bit of difficulty getting investors to bankroll trillions of dollars of future spending extravagances and vote buying schemes. Never assume that leaders of foreign investor nations are as blindly destructive and foolish as our own..

Yup, a good majority of people I know want their "freebies" from the gov, and will vote for who promises the most.

13. I really doubt we can/will go back to a gold standard. I think bankers want most to transition towards a cashless society where money is easier to track and taxes are harder to evade. We still owe gold deposits that we can't or refuse to pay back at this point. I think the next big currency will be a game changer like credit cards or online transactions.

14. Agreed... Cashless society would be terrible.

As for the Returning to a Gold Standard, that's just wishful thinking.

15. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GkTNaWUpH04

Federal Reserve Doesn't own any Gold. Dollars will stay until the end

16. #36 yurigadaisukida, May 28, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2015
    Can you prove the federal reserve owns no gold?

The video is of the federal reserve claiming not to own gold.

As a private entity (federal reserve is not a government agency) how can yyou know what they don't have?

-yuri

Hey CC, how ya doing?

Regarding a cashless society: The main reason we seem to be headed that way is because people want it -- not the bankers. I know a good number of people who buy coffee with their fucking credit/debit card because that's what they choose.

I think that's stupid. Who checks their monthly statement for errors with all those miniscule charges to keep track of? Nobody, I bet. Americans have so much excess income floating around that it doesn't matter.

Party on! More shrimp! More wine! More caviar! Put it on my card!

The last gasps of a society drowning in abundance.

18. Another day in The Total American State:

I'll be 65 in August, and must sign up for Medicare (they fine you if you don't).

Although the "Affordable Care Act" is costing me about twice what my previous (overly-inflated) health care was costing me, I've been dreading Medicare for over a year now because of the complexity. (It will save me a lot of money; it lowers my cost, but doesn't lower the cost of healthcare -- which is the real problem.)

It is ridiculously complicated (what gov't program isn't?) and is intricately woven into the private health insurance business, as I found out today. Nobody was able to explain to me what I have to do, what was available, and how it all ties in together.

After a year of frustration, I finally found and met someone who explained it to me that wasn't trying to sell me something. Surprise surprise, it was someone from another government agency -- my county's Office for the Aging (I can't believe I actually went there, I still think of myself as 20-30 years old. Life is short).

The fucking irony here is beyond sanity: One gov't program (Medicare) is so convoluted and complex that only another gov't agency can explain it.

So what it boils down to: My county taxes are paying the wages and bennies for someone to explain to taxpayers the complexities of a federal program that is so crazy that no normal person can figure it out. And everybody who pays federal taxes is paying for Medicare.

And if you don't get it right, you can be responsible for tens of thousands of dollars of medical bills. Thanks to gov't involvement the medical system will implode someday, but probably not in my lifetime. Brace yourself.

Statism: What a racket. It is nothing but a gigantic parasite.

19. "we need to raise the minimum wage!"

-yuri

LOL, yes that will solve everything.

My liberal friends, who I saw today, don't think it's inflationary. Anyone who employees entry-level people knows quite the opposite.

It's bad enough that the Fed prints money wildly, then these asshole politicians raise the minimum wage, thinking it's just some arbitrary number that can be plucked out of the sky -- but it just adds to the inflationary effect of the Fed.