Should i get a dog or iguana? POLL

Discussion in 'Pets' started by Deleted member 281310, May 8, 2015.

1. #1 Deleted member 281310, May 8, 2015
    Last edited: May 8, 2015
    you got it?

2. Why not both and breed doguanas?

3. #3 TheAnswer121, May 8, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2015
    [​IMG]

i'd go for dog, but an iguana would be badass

what happened to the poll[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

4. Neither..........

5. Iguanas are boring

6. I also say neither.
    They're animals, not a 2 week hobby.

7. i named the poll after your breed

thanks somehow i forgot to press finish or something.

8. you should get a chameleon because they are fucking awesome

9. an iguana will always hate you and doesnt belong in a cage

10. If you raise an iguana, it will not hate you. It will sleep in your lap and know when you're going to feed it food.
    They can reach upwards of 6 to 7 feet.

11. Chameleons require 10 times more maintenence and care than an iguana.

12. I planned on getting an iguana for the longest time; did a shit ton of research, spent at least 6 months convincing my fiance to agree to it (she hates reptiles). She eventually caved, we went to the pet store to get the necessary supplies for a terrarium, and...somehow ended up coming home with a chinchilla. We now have 3 chinchillas. Still not sure how exactly that worked itself out lol. No regrets though, these lil guys are my buds.

13. An iguana is an expensive animal that requires LOTS of care.  Males are extremely dangerous when they come into breeding condition, and can possibly even kill you.

They require more than just lettuce, they need a well-rounded diet of various plants.  Mulberry leaves, dandelion flowers, hibiscus flowers, etc.  Do NOT give them iceberg lettuce.  Give them romaine.  

An iguana is a BAD pet.  They're cool, but require an enormous enclosure, as they're arboreal by habit and feel safest on a large branch.  They are not beginner pets.

I only recommend pets to people i consider responsible, nowadays.  I just couldn't live with myself if I suggested something, only for you to kill it with inexperience.  That said, if you want a pet that requires little maintenance, go with a tarantula or scorpion.  they can be expensive, but in the long run, they're much cheaper to keep, and live longer than any dog.

14. a fucking ARMY OF DOGUANA'S!!!!

you could even have them pull a chariot and shit. ooh fuck yeah i would get one for sure!! doguana chariot i mean [​IMG]

jokes aside, i would go with a pup if you don't have one already. there is nothing more loyal and loving then a dog. there just isn't.....i have a little shi zhu named Lilly and a little {chubby} peeka poo named wiggles. Lilly is 8 pounds and Wiggles is more like 14. little dogs = little poops. smell what i'm steppin' in?

going to be getting a golden retriever when i have the room for it. i have always wanted one. loyal, protective and can hold its onw when threatened. its not like Lilly isn't anything but fury and attitude, she just isn't ferocious enough to hold her own lol! and wiggles is a bit on the chubby side to really convey anything like imposing to a would be attacker. i think wiggles would be more like punting material lol! 

15. You can have iguanas walk around your house and get big just like a reptile dog

16. I grew up with a free roaming iguana, he was trained to shit in the plants and had a heat rock on the bathroom counter. You'd enter a room and he'd be hanging from the drapes and just stare you down haha. Very friendly though. We also had a free roaming crow for a bit, but that mother fucker took off the window and never looked back haha.

17. Lol that's pretty cool

18. Iguanas are only for experienced keepers.  

[​IMG]

But feel free to ignore me like everyone else does. 

Normally they are friendly, but when they're in breeding condition they are relentless and will fuck you up.

19. I rescued a large iguana in riverside, dude had it in a 40 gallon! He was at least 5 feet long with the tail.
    I kept him roaming around my house for about a month before finding him a new home.
    Made sure he had a large cage, he had a ton of snakes that looked well kept so I gave him the iguana free.
    I temporarily named him godzilla, I'm terrible at naming animals but he was a beast!
    I'd walk down the stairs and he liked to perch on he bottom step and he'd whip me and I'd have to jump over him. Good times.