Icemuds Advanced LED XTE grow: BIG POTS, Harlequin, Ogiesel, Black Chery cola.

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Icemud, May 8, 2015.

1. Love the Aloe!

2. Yeah the going consensus is harlequin is a bitch to grow.

3. Thank you Antics!!!

4. Me too :) it actually was a gift from my mom when I moved to cali about 9 years ago. It just sat in my window which doesn't recieve much light and pretty much went into dormancy. I thought it was just about dead and decided to give it some new soil, and throw it under the LEDs... Low and behold!! she was alive and well, and now is thriving.

I actually found a video on youtube yesterday showing that you can use Aloe juice to clone with :) I never knew that but may have to try it next time I make some cuttings :)

5. I'm actually quite surprised at the way its acting this grow, as it never really gave me issues the last times I ran her. I really think its either because of my new larger pots, and watering adjustments, or I may have damaged the roots when I transplanted and she never really recovered. Its ok because I took clones and the vegging Harlequin looks healthy as ever :) will have to just run her again :)

6. Update time...

Well today makes day 42 of flowering (from the flip) and things continue to fatten up, get smellier, and gain more trichomes.
    IMG_20150730_215751.jpg

The harlequin I have decided that I will let her flower out, even though everytime I look at this plant I get mad, because I haven't been able to fix her ailments. The buds are forming, very small, very slow, but do have quite a bit of frostieness to them, so even if im left with a oz of popcorn buds in the end, at least I will have some nice CBD edible making materials [​IMG]

IMG_20150730_215950.jpg
    IMG_20150730_215954.jpg
    IMG_20150730_215958.jpg
    IMG_20150730_220002.jpg

The Black Cherry Cola has really started to pack on the girth, and also the fragarance of cherry/berries is getting extremely strong. One of my most fragarant strains I have grown thus far, very similar pungency to blue dream but more of a grape/berry smell than a citrus berry. The leaves and overall plant health also can have been better, but I definitely know this one will produce a lot of nice meds [​IMG]

IMG_20150730_215851.jpg
    IMG_20150730_215912.jpg
    IMG_20150730_215929.jpg
    IMG_20150730_220020.jpg

The Ogiesel, what can I say besides I love this strain. This thing grows solid no matter what you do and always produces resin coated skunky buds [​IMG] Can't wait to harvest this one [​IMG] love the Ogiesel [​IMG]

IMG_20150730_215809.jpg
    IMG_20150730_215830.jpg
    IMG_20150730_220010.jpg
    IMG_20150730_220014.jpg

Myseedlings of Tangie/Kosher Tangie are doing well too. Its very noticable now that there are 2 distinct phenos, one that is growing like
    normal, and 3 of the seedlings are growing in a very odd, twisty, 1
    leaf scrunched style, very different from what I have seen before. Only
    time will tell what they bring [​IMG] I have to say, I've always grown from
    clones, however, growing by seed adds an extra fun surprise to the mix
    [​IMG]
    IMG_20150730_220233.jpg
    IMG_20150730_220237.jpg
    IMG_20150730_220243.jpg
    IMG_20150730_220247.jpg

Also, has anyone else had issues with posting here at GC ever since they changed format. I find it very frustrating to post, reply and use the forums as it locks up, needs refreshing, copy/pasting quite often. Not fun to retype posts 3x....

7. Solid update ice. Yeah I've never grown it but have had buddies and they all said it was finicky

Where's the tangie from Dna?
    On the app zero issues except for it not working for two days earlier this week. Lots of people have posting issues as of late there's even a thread about it.

8. Ice,

Things looking great. Always nice to read up your journal. I'll keep checking back as long as you keep posting.

Thanks always,
    Linux

9. Hey Dutty,

The Tangie most likely is from DNA but not 100% sure. I got them from my Norcal Grower Buddy who is very close with DNA, so I'm pretty sure that they are from DNA. He just couldn't remember what exact strain, but he knew it was tangie x with something, and at the time, he had tangilope and kosher tangie, so I think its one of the 2. Either one I would be happy with :)

Yea I've had a hard time posting, usually have to refesh my page every post, or it locks up..hmm.

10. Hey Linux!

Thanks for the luv man! appreciate it! Wish this grow was more photo friendly, definitely not my best grow by far, but I know now that I will be using the larger pots what to expect next round :)

Hope to finish strong :)

11. #171 Icemud, Aug 2, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2015
    So I made cannabutter about 2 weeks ago and its been way too hot during the day to use the oven, but I have been wanting to make some brownie/cookie bars since 2 weeks ago so I was awake, the air temps at night were cool, so I threw on my chef hat and went to town in the kitchen....

I don't really have a hat, and far from a chef, but I can follow some damn good instructions hahah

So the total recipie called for 1 stick of butter, and I probably doubled that amount or at least 1 1/2 times that amount with cannabutter, and the stuff I made is so strong, just a half a spoonful could chill out a raging bull.

What am I getting myself into...

So I know that THC vapor point I believe is around 320F and the recipe called for 325F for 40 minutes, to be safe I have my oven on at 275F and will check them at 40 minutes, but probably will have to go longer.

I just want them to be very potent, so I don't get fat trying to get medicated..LOL I normally don't buy any sweets/sugary treats because well what can I say, when high they are sooo good, and I will destroy them ! haha

Attached Files:

12. #172 Icemud, Aug 2, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2015
    oops, duplicated post

13. Quick photo update

Today Makes day 47 of flowering from the flip and the Ogiesel is looking
    excellent, and the other 2 plants are looking ok...lol. The girls have
    been taking on less water the last few days so I have been holding off
    on feeding them and most likely they will get a drink tomorrow of some
    freshly brewed compost tea.

Overall the Ogiesel I am happy with how it is performing but the other 2
    plants, well, lets just say I will be glad to be done with this grow in
    a few weeks and started with something fresh. The black cherry soda is
    smelling really good, despite the not too healthy looking leaves, and
    the buds are rock hard which is very nice.

Well other than that not much else is different to report, other than I
    adjusted some of the branches today to make room for others, distribute
    the light more evenly and open up the canopy. I also did a slight dead
    leaf removal maintenance.

As far as my veg tent, its looking veggy lol nothing really new there besides they got a nice foliar feeding today along with my little vegging seedlings of my tangie

IMG_20150804_005003.jpg
    IMG_20150804_005019.jpg
    IMG_20150804_005100.jpg
    IMG_20150804_005145.jpg
    IMG_20150804_005201.jpg
    IMG_20150804_005214.jpg
    IMG_20150804_005237.jpg
    IMG_20150804_005245.jpg

14. Nice looking tangie

15. IMG_20150805_182826.jpg

Thanks...but the tangie wasn't in those pics... heres the tangie, still babies [​IMG]
    IMG_20150805_182157.jpg
    IMG_20150805_182205.jpg
    IMG_20150805_182210.jpg
    IMG_20150805_182212.jpg

16. Oh there still so Lil. Lol just assumed looks good none the less.

17. Yep, very excited about them because Its my 1st grow from seeds, I've always just used clones before. I also can't wait to see if I get a male, cause I really want to cross her with the other strains I have too :)

18. Day 50 flowering!!!!!!!

Well I started off today with some repotting of my Tangie vegging babies
    since they were overgrowing the party cups I had them in. I have
    premixed and cooking soil in a large 100 gallon rubbermaid bin, which I
    just recycle and re-amend every time I finish up a grow. I am using 3
    gallon plastic pots for their new home and these most likely will be
    their home for the remainder of their life, however I may upgrade them
    to 5 gallons if I decide to put them in my larger tent, there in my 3rd
    smaller 2x4 tent currently.

After filling up the 3 gallon pots with soil I made room for the cup
    sized root ball by using my little gardening spade. Then I lined the
    hole with 2 types of mycos (biovam from T and J and also Growology 1
    which is humic acid and mycos). I then placed the girls rootball into
    the soil and gave them each 2 cups of plain R/O water.

I also gave the girls a foliar feeding of cold pressed seaweed, fulvic
    acid, vitamin b, pgr and yucca extract and added some SNS pest control
    and spinosad for preventive measures.

In the photos the girls leaves look a little wilty and this was because
    they were at the end of their daylight schedule and getting ready for
    rest. Tomorrow at sun up they will be perky again. (running them on 18/6
    right now).

IMG_20150807_184152.jpg
    IMG_20150807_184200.jpg
    IMG_20150807_184205.jpg
    IMG_20150807_184208.jpg

As for my flowering tent.... well... its a story of life and death. I
    decided after some very hard consideration to cull my harlequin plant.
    It was a hard decision but the more I thought about it, already the
    genetic potential has been messed up because of all the nutrient issues,
    and I didn't really feel like extending my flowering time for another
    month to see if anything happens. I also didn't see myself spending
    hours trimming hundreds of grape sized buds, most were actually smaller
    than that. So based on all that above, I culled her today.

I figured giving my other 2 plants some room to sprall and get more
    spread of light hitting the lower buds would really fill them out as
    well as allow better airflow and light penetration so overall I think it
    was the right decision.

The black cherry cola and ogiesel are looking really good and I think
    probably another 2-3 weeks and they should be ready for harvest

Getting close

Upon culling my harlequin I removed the pot and dumped it back into my
    soil bin, adding some amendments which included alfalfa meal, calcium
    carbonate, soil lime (for the raised MG needs of LED), greensand for
    slow K release, and azomite as well as some micos and worm castings....
    It will cook until next time I need soil.

Well other than that, nothing else at the moment to report on. Here are some photos to enjoy

In Memory of my harlequin:
    IMG_20150807_184330.jpg
    IMG_20150807_184313.jpg

The tent with only 2 plants now (Ogiesel and Black Cherry Soda)

IMG_20150807_191733.jpg
    IMG_20150807_191805.jpg
    IMG_20150807_191809.jpg
    IMG_20150807_191814.jpg
    IMG_20150807_191836.jpg
    IMG_20150807_191843.jpg
    IMG_20150807_191855.jpg
    IMG_20150807_191859.jpg
    IMG_20150807_191904.jpg
    IMG_20150807_191909.jpg
    IMG_20150807_191912.jpg
    IMG_20150807_191917.jpg
    IMG_20150807_191925.jpg
    IMG_20150807_191930.jpg

19. #179 Icemud, Aug 12, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2015
    Hey Everyone..... Well today I had babies!!! yup...

ok... I personally didn't have them, but now I have more genetics to add to my "genetic hoarding collection" hahah.

I have been on the search for Grand Daddy Purple for some time now, and have gotten 2 different clones that were supposedly GDP that ended up not being what they were supposed to, therefore I've been looking everywhere local, and I don't want to order the Kens' GDP because from what I read its a BX version and not the 100% original. So.... I was browsing Craigsl!st last night and found a local clone supplier....

So today, called them up and drove about 30 minutes to take a look at what they had. They had quite an extensive assortment, probably over 20 different types. I wasn't really impressed though with the way they kept their rooms as they were messy, disorganized and definitely not that "sterile" type environment I would like to see with the options today...but oh well, they had GDP.

So upon inspecting their clones, I immediately noticed white spots on the leaves.... yup....spider mite damage. I mentioned it to them and they said they "have been treating it" with azomax but I still noticed some eggs/mites on the undersides of the leaves but I decided to go
    ahead and take the chance that my skills in eradication are good

I ended up picking up 5 new strains: Black Diamond OG, Blue Dream, GDP, Fire OG, and Area 51. The clones were all well rooted in coco in solo cups except for the 3 GDP's which were in rockwool and haven't rooted yet. They pretty much resemble twigs with a few leaves so they gave those to me because they may not take, but I figured with 3 twigs, one should at least take.

So the Prep and quarentine process:

Immediately when I got home I cleared out about half of the tangies in my 3rd tent, unfortunately I was unable to completely clear it for a proper quarantine leaving a few of my smaller tangies in there with them, however I know my soil in there has hypoapsis mites, which are predatory soil mites so I'm sure with the combo of my 3 part treatment
    (spinosad, bon neem, mite x) in rotation, they shouldn't be a problem. I would have fully removed all the tangies but have no room in my other 2 tents currently until my current flowering plants are done which should
    be in the next couple weeks.

I prepared 3 gallon plastic pots with my cooked recycled soil, leaving a hole with enough room for the solo cup rootball. Then I sprinkled 2 different mycos products into the hole making sure to cover the sides and bottom with a light dusting of Biovam and D&G part 1 which is humic acid and mycos.

Next I took each clone, 1 by 1 and rinsed the leaves under a lukewarm water in my sink. I left the pressure of water be pretty hard to help wash off any mites and eggs. After washing I then put the plant into the 3 gallon plastic pot and placed them into the tent.

Once I transplanted each of the clones (the GDP went from rockwool into solo cups until they get larger and root) I sprayed each of the plants very heavily with Bon Neem which is an excellent product by Bonide. Its basically a combo of neem oil and pyrethrins.

My spider mite rotation is 1 of each of the sprays about 5 days apart, for the course of 1 month. I start with the Bon Neem, then rotate in the Spinosad, and lastly the Mite X which is (clove oil and cottonseed oil, garlic oil). Ive read that spider mites can adapt and become immune quite quickly to 1 type of product, so its best to use a 2 or 3 part approach to rid them. Its worked 2x in the past for me very well

I watered each plant with some plain r/o water with azomite and calcium carbonate added to it for a "mineral water" and other than that they will get a foliar spray later tonight of vitamin B and a 1-1-1 nutrient (Thrive alive organic)

So without further adieu... here is the ladies of the evening !

Area 51
    IMG_20150811_174459.jpg

Blue Dream
    IMG_20150811_174506.jpg

Black Diamond OG
    IMG_20150811_174510.jpg

GDP
    IMG_20150811_174517.jpg
    IMG_20150811_174521.jpg

Fire OG
    IMG_20150811_174513.jpg