Icemuds Advanced LED XTE grow: BIG POTS, Harlequin, Ogiesel, Black Chery cola.

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Icemud, May 8, 2015.

1. Thanks Milehighphill!

Hey Cannabartist!!!

Definitely don't mind one bit :) grab yourself a comfy seat and puff away and enjoy the show :) glad to have you!

2. Yeah Man! how are ya! glad to find you over here :) Sounds like you have quite the setup with the Pled's and Doc's kit! I still haven't had the chance to run Docs kit yet, but my personal quest for high brix has really shown me some magic, can't imagine how his kit is :)

I'll try to make it over to your journal later :) glad you stopped on thru :)

3. Yep, it seemed it took a few weeks for them to get out of their transplant shock (I really was rough on the roots). Now they really seem happy, a little to much Nitrogen lately as the leaves are really dark green, but the next few feedings should correct that :) They are starting to thrive, and been hitting em with compost tea foliars and shots of amaze and PGR :)

4. I see similar effects too with mine. The red really seem to ramp up the need for water, which makes sense due to the emerson effect and how it pretty much turbocharges photosynthesis. I also do notice that room temp wise the reds really do increase the heat load a lot, Which makes sense because there are like 2x as many reds as blue/white total, so more wattage draw, more heat load :)

I am extremely happy with this company as well. They really make excellent lights and the thousands of happy growers supports it :) I am happy to hear you are enjoying them Poke :)

5. Hey Linux....no worries about asking questions, no hijack here :)

As I have only used the XTE's and I am pretty sure Poke is using the XML's, with both of us extremely happy I think whatever option you choose will be a good one.

For your grow room shape, I think that you made a great decision, with the XML350 just because I believe it will give you a better coverage in your grow area, vs the XTE's which are rectangular. I do like how the XTE has a blue/white channel for veg and it works extremely well, however with the XML I believe the white channel might also be on a separate channel, and you really could just use those for veg and probably have amazing results.

6. Hey Everyone....Well I thought I should bring this to the communities attention. I know I have used the product "Amaze" for quite some time now as I never could find the MSDS on the product. If you aren't familiar with it, it was one of the sprays that was used for high brix growing in the early days before Doc's kit. Anyhow I always liked it so I've been using it ever since....Until now...

I found the MSDS, and from what I read, not anything that I want to be spraying on my plants, or even in my living area> here are some of the details from the MSDS.

Potential Acute Health Effects:

Ingestion: Very hazardous in case of ingestion. Liquid or spray mist may produce tissue damage
    particularly on mucous membranes of mouth. May cause irritation or the gastrointestinal tract to include nausea, vomiting and diarrhea.

Eye Contact: Very hazardous in case of eye contact (irritant, corrosive). Liquid or spray mist may produce tissue damage particularly on mucous membranes of eyes. Inflammation of the eye is characterized by redness, watering, and itching.

Skin Absorption: Very hazardous in case of skin contact (corrosive, permeate).

Skin Contact: Very hazardous in case of skin contact (irritant). Skin contact may produce burns.

Skin inflammation is characterized by itching, scaling, reddening, or, occasionally,
    blistering.

Inhalation: Slightly hazardous in case of inhalation (lung sensitizer). Inhalation of the spray mist
    may produce severe irritation of respiratory tract, characterized by coughing, choking,
    or shortness of breath. Spray mist may produce tissue damage particularly on mucous
    membranes of respiratory tract.

Effects of Overdose: Severe over-exposure can result in death.

CARCINOGENIC EFFECTS: Not available. MUTAGENIC EFFECTS: Not available.
    TERATOGENIC EFFECTS: Not available. DEVELOPMENTAL TOXICITY: Not available.
    The substance may be toxic to blood, liver, skin, eyes, bone marrow. Repeated or
    or prolonged exposure to the substance can produce target organs damage. Repeated
    or prolonged contact with spray mist may produce chronic eye irritation and severe
    skin irritation. Repeated or prolonged exposure to spray mist may produce respiratory
    tract irritation leading to frequent attacks of bronchial infection. Repeated exposure to a
    highly toxic material may produce general deterioration of health by an accumulation in
    one or many human organs. May be toxic to blood, cardiovascular system.

Routes of Entry: Absorbed through skin. Dermal contact. Eye contact. Inhalation.
    Ingestion.

Chronic Effects on Humans: May cause damage to the following organs: blood, liver, skin, eyes,
    bone marrow.

MUTAGENIC EFFECTS: Mutagenic for mammalian somatic cells. May cause damage to the following organs: blood, cardiovascular system
    Other Toxic Effects on Humans: Extremely hazardous in case of inhalation (lung corrosive). Very hazardous in case of skin contact (corrosive, permeator), of eye contact (corrosive), or ingestion.

General Information:

Nitrates: Ingestion of large quantities will cause methaemaglobinemia with headaches, heart beat irregularities, blood pressure loss, cramps and breathing difficulties. cyanosis will occur. Nephritis can result from chronic exposure.

Special Remarks on Chronic Effects on Humans: May cause adverse reproductive effects (fetotoxicity) and genetic
    material (mutagenicity) based on animal studies. Passes through the placental barrier in human and is present in breast milk.

Special Remarks on other Toxic Effects on Humans:

Acute Potential Health Effects:

Skin: Causes skin irritation.
    Eyes:Causes eye irritation.
    Inhalation: Causes irritation of the respiratory tract, nose, and throat, coughing and sneezing. May also affect
    blood, metabolism and urinary system.
    Ingestion: Causes digestive (gastrointestinal) tract irritation with nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea.

May affect behavior (altered sleep time, change in motor activity), cardiovascular system (heart rate), and the brain. May also affect
    the blood and may cause tumorigenic effects.

Chronic Potential Health Effects: Prolonged exposure may cause adverse reproductive effects. Laboratory experiments on animals have
    resulted in mutagenic effects. Prolonged exposure or exposure at high concentrations may cause eye damage.

So after reading this...f#ck using Amaze.....

I did look at the MSDS for PGR and it is harmelss.

7. Damn dude, that certainly sounds like some nasty shit. Always be careful and know what your using because in the end, you are smoking it.

8. damn thanks for the heads up gotta stay away from that shit

9. Yikes Ice, thanks for sharing..... [​IMG]

Fwiw I am running all advancedled lights now with an xte 400 and two xml 650s [​IMG]

Couldnt be happier with these products!

Chernobyl bud shot at 6.5 weeks flower under xml 650s
    [​IMG]
    ~ poke

10. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]  geez, can someone catch the drool?

11. #51 Icemud, Jun 5, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2015
    Yeah I usually am very cautious with what I use and this one came from a Agricultural Lab...yikes... sticking to organic and natural as much as possible [​IMG]

DAAAAMMMMMNNNNN !!! Very Nice Poke!!!!

Quick video update of the grow

https://youtu.be/mtnf1BDLJNM

12. Lookin great man, love the side by side tents.

Have you bloomed out University Hills OG before?

13. damn poke that looks so tasty

14. Thank you guys! It's supposed to taste like lime and sherbet I'm told :)

I'm excited to try it! :)

:wave:
    ~ poke

15. Nice video ice mud and poke if you don't like it i will take it off your hands

16. Sick setup Ice. Great video aswell.:)

17. I've been wondering where you've been dude. Subbed for sure.

Looking great so far man!

18. Hey MaxYields!

Yea I like the side by side tents too, just wish I had room for like 4 more of them :) haha

I have, actually University Hills OG I ran on my very first grow about 4 years ago, and have also bloomed it about 2 more times since... Its a very different cut of OG since all the crossed genetics. It has a somewhat sweet and tropical fruit taste to it on the undertone, and a skunky and lemon/fuel OG blend also...its so far one of my favorite OG crosses I have ran as far as taste.

Thank you Smitty! Yea I definitely wouldn't mind trying that bud too Poke :)

Hey Cannabartist! Thanks man!

Thanks Cannabartist!!! I will keep them coming :)

Whatup Antics!!! How you B?

Thanks :) Plants are finally stretching out to their new soil :) should be a fun grow this round, really curious how the larger pots play out :)

19. Doing good man, thanks! I see you've been doing well yourself, with an amazing update on the previous page.

That's an amazing jungle of green you have there brother.

20. Hey everyone!!!

Well Sorry its been so long for an update but I feel that constantly posting vegging plants is kind of boring so I haven't been posting as frequently. Things are going good in both tents right now, all my mothers and clones are in the veg/ex veg (blue) tent and the 3 large plants in the other tent are also doing well as the girls are just about ready to flip into flowering.

I have been giving the girls feedings of organic nutrients and compost teas over the last few weeks and it seems for the most part the plants are doing good. The harlequin still is having issues slightly with the leaves but the new growth looks fine so I am going to watch with a close eye and see if I have corrected the issues.

Well not much else to report on as of now, but the ladies are doing great

Here are some photos (please excuse my lack of maintenance on the plants, they need a little pruning and some of the dead leaves pulled.)

IMG_20150617_222411.jpg IMG_20150617_222419.jpg IMG_20150617_222437.jpg IMG_20150617_222450.jpg IMG_20150617_222509.jpg IMG_20150617_222602.jpg IMG_20150617_222610.jpg IMG_20150617_222629.jpg IMG_20150617_222636.jpg IMG_20150617_222648.jpg IMG_20150617_222709.jpg