Icemuds Advanced LED XTE grow: BIG POTS, Harlequin, Ogiesel, Black Chery cola.

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Icemud, May 8, 2015.

1. Hey DeepDoDo! whats good with you :) haha that rhymes. I'm ripped off some butter right now :)

2. Yes I have added gypsum and azomite to my plants as well as crab shell meal, tons of fresh castings from my worm bins and oyster shell flour :)

As well as neem meal and soft rock phosphate :)

Will also add some rock dust when I reammend later and maybe a bit of dolomite lime.

Did you see my AdvancedLED xml 650 grow? I was the name above yours in high times magazine bro, that was my pineapple chunk bud at the top o the page. :D

When I saw your name I was happy as hell for you!
    ~ poke

3. I'm in high times? I will have to go get a copy today :)

4. Are you talking about the July one? I just bought it and can't find it...what month and page?

5. I use crab shell meal too :) and also fish bone meal :) high Ca for both of them too :) for micronutrients I use lava sand, green sand, azomite and glacial rock powder :)

6. #26 rain dancer, May 24, 2015
    Last edited: May 24, 2015
    You sure are! Came out April 14th, June edition! Here's a few shots ;)

[​IMG]
    See mine is the top quote, yours is the middle :)
    [​IMG]

Here's my pineapple chunk bud shot!
    [​IMG]

And here's the link I posted to it in my thread, as well as the story of meeting Cheech and Chong!
    http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-medical-marijuana-growing/1305106-pokes-perpetual-underground-jungle-15-strains.html?p=21539738
    I didn't know you didn't know, I was like damn, icemud is a humble mofo LOL!
    ~ poke

7. Dude!!! That's sweet! I know Advanced had mentioned they wanted to use my quote in HT, but I didn't know it actually was published...sweet!! I appreciate you sharing the pics!! and congrats to you too!!

8. Thank you bro! Congratulations to you too brother! I grabbed two of those mags, gonna frame them and stick it on my wall!

Supposedly I'll be In a New Ed Rosenthal's book as well, but not through AdvancedLED, my pics were submitted to a publisher, so we'll see what happens!

:yay:

~ poke

9. #29 c0bblep0t, May 30, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 30, 2015
    Hey icemud, I can control my closet temp by adjusting the light intensity on my xte 300 which is pretty cool I reckon ,I was starting to think it was just too bright/powerful for the space I'm using but after tweaking the dials I've been able to set the perfect temps in my res as well , took a while to figure out but glad I did

10. #30 Icemud, May 30, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 30, 2015
    I do the same with mine.... on very hot days (I don't have AC) I usually will turn the dials down until the room temps cool down. I did learn that by running my lights at night it definitely keeps the rooms more at a perfect temp than running them during the day, here in Socal. I also learned that by turning off or down the red channel will slow the rate of photosynthesis if you have to leave for a few days on business trips [​IMG] love that feature...

I also use the dimmers when foliar feeding or spraying my plants, I dim them as low as they can go until the water/foliar spray dries up, and then turn them back up [​IMG]

In the future I plan on trying the dimming/spectrum dials in side by sides.... growing same genetics under different spectrums to see how it influences the plant. I know that photosynthesis is directly related to photon count so the spectrum has little to do with photosynthesis rate, however for photomorphogenesis it does play into effect so I am curious how the plants respond under different lighting. :)

11. Cool man , cool , I have my red turned down to about half and blue a little less than full at mo , still a seeding tho I'll crank red up a bit as she gets closer to flowering but I guess to maintain temps I'll have to back off the blue to compensate, sound like a plan ? Appreciate your input man

12. Hope you don't mind me following along. I'm the one who will be soon doing a LED grow with the XML350, I can use all the help I can get.
    Thx.

13. Awesome! advanced LED's are definitely great products. Everyone who I have spoken with that has used them loves them, and I can say so far they are the best LED's I have used so far. post me a link to your journal when you get it up and running and I will be happy to join in :)

14. Hey everyone....Update time!

Well I haven't been updating a whole lot lately because well, I'm in veg and vegging plants are sort of boring to watch...lol.

The plants finally have adjusted to their new soil and really started to grow fast with lots of new leaves and it seems that I have corrected whatever issue my harlequin and black cherry cola were having and now all the new growth looks good [​IMG] I think I am going to wait another week or 2 to flower, to make sure the roots really bite into the new pots and soil.

For waterings I have been rotating between earth juice teas, compost teas, and synthetic feedings.

My flowering tent with the XTE's:
    IMG_20150603_063238.jpg IMG_20150603_063246.jpg IMG_20150603_063253.jpg IMG_20150603_063328.jpg IMG_20150603_063336.jpg IMG_20150603_063341.jpg IMG_20150603_063348.jpg

15. Looking really good!

16. #36 Cannabartist, Jun 3, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2015
    Hey Icemud hope you don't mind if I sit in on the grow. Looking great keepem green bro.

17. Big pots are fun, sometimes they need a minute to get all snuggled in and shit. :)  They look great bro !!!

18. Hey Icemud!

Glad I found ya over here on GC, hope ya don't mind that I sub up and follow along. Not sure if you remember me from 420mag at all, but about a year ago it was your Journals that inspired me to start growing.

Now I have a P450 and Doc's kit, and am more excited than ever about my hobby! :)

keep up the good work my man

I actually do this as well.

I keep the ten watt Crees on when watering under the 650s. The Reds and blues are switched off and the heat in the room dissipates in minutes due to the rooms outake.

On my xte 400 I leave the Reds off for the very reasoned mentioned, to keep mother clones alive without asking them to grow as much. The Reds seem to produce more heat than other Leds in my experience, but demand a lot from the plants. I switched the Reds on for an auto I had in my veg room and she fattened up overnight. Amazing light company imho.
    ~ poke

20. This is all good information to know as I am 'bout to grab that XML350 pretty soon. Hey Wait, I was going to grab 2. One for flower and one for veg, but you both are using the XTE for veg.

Question: I opted for the XML because my 3x3 will be square. Is there a reason I should be looking at the XTE series in veg over the XML? is this what I should be thinking:

http://advancedledlights.com/3w-led-grow-lights/5w-LED-Grow-Lights-Royal-Blue-CREE-LEDs/

I mean I thought it would be right to use the xml as they are 10w, but the XTE and the other link i posted are 5w. Would some of you vets shed some light (pun) on this? 

DISCLAIMER: Sorry Mud, wasn't trying to hijack, I'm old, if I don't ask when I'm on the topic of something, i forget. Hell, who am I kidding, i'll prolly forget anyways.