Is this a hermie? 1st grow

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Richie_J21, May 8, 2015.

1. Hey Gang,

First time grower about halfway through flowering. I found a few growths on my girls today and I'm wondering if this is a sign of a hermaphrodite - 

20150507_185113.jpg

I started with three plants, but just after I switched to 12/12 I discovered one was a male. I got rid of it fast.

I've seen a few of these on just a few of the many branches. Is it a hermie? Is it a seed? Could my girls have been pollinated in the very short time the male was flowering with them?

Should I pull them off or leave them alone?

These are grown from the free seed that came with my order, so I don't need any of the seeds. This is a trial run in my hydro system - I wanted to work out the kinks before I start a grow with known strains.

I'd appreciate any help you can give me.

Thanks!

2. #2 TheAnswer121, May 8, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2015
    that plant is not halfway through flowering

just sayin[​IMG]

doesn't look like a herm to me though, looks female

if there was a male in there it's likely that it may have been pollinated.

3. Maybe it's just wishful thinking that they're halfway through flower, lol. 

Thanks for weighing in, TheAnswer121.

Just because I'm nervous about it, here are a few more pictures of similar growths on other branches.

20150507_190631.jpg

20150507_190735.jpg

20150507_190801.jpg

So should I not worry about this? It's just not something I'm used to seeing.

4. they could have seeds in them if they were pollinated, but they are female calyxes, not male flowers[​IMG]

5. Thanks, bro. You have put my mind at ease. 

6. Is it possible that female calyxes could hold tiny seeds in them normally? Or perhaps from some kind of stress (heat or nute stress)

I only ask because i noticed a few of these off my most recent harvest. They were all located under the buds and when i took them off and popped them open they all contained a single tiny looking ball, which i think is a seed.