cool things you can build

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by hurpdaflerp, May 7, 2015.

1. im bored an want to build something. ive looked at lasers that can burn shit.  but i dont have a soldering iron.  what are some other cool things you can build that is under 20 bucks.

2. A house of cards.

3. you should do a very detailed replica of hogwarts made out of clay

4. Maybe a cheap solar powered rc car

Stay frosty.

5. A dookie for your favorite toilet!

6. Build a career!

7. A joint or blunt.

8. Build a track

9. Make a pocket pussy (figured you'd want something a Lil more off colored since you did post this in Pandora's box)

10. When I was in 5th grade, I built a crystal radio for a science project. That was kind of cool. You could also build a garden box or a grow tent.  

11. I built an outdoor shower out of scrap fence boards and a few feet of pvc.....

12. Breed freshwater shrimp in a planted tank. I'm still kinda new to it myself, but I already feel like God...an angry God.[​IMG] 

13. those 40 experiment kits are inexpensive

14. model kits are hella fun

15. Here's an idea for you.  First build a soldering iron and then build a cutting laser.

16. potato launcher- super cheap to make. be sure to use ABS plastic and NOT PVC. ABS is far stronger and wont blow you up. use a flint style manual lantern igniter for another cheap econo fix. although, the electric igniters for gas grills work fucking ace! use aquanet hair spray as propellant to fire it with. 

death ray- mirrors and an old satelite dish will do the trick. basically all of the mirrors focus the suns energy into one specific point. add a fresnal lens and burn a hole through the earths crust. caution, this melts bricks, i saw it happen.

catapult / trebuche'- catapults is easier but the trebuche' has more fines and launches stuff farther. ABS plastic is again your friend.

giant sling shot- ABS plastic and surgical tubing will have you launching water balloons several hundred feet. we had one in Oregon that attached to my balcony and i could mortar the Willamette river beach near where i lived with it.

card board RC air plane- i saw someone make this work on break. it was pretty dam basic but it worked! it flew pretty well tooo. 

RC paper air planes- take one of those 10$ tiny helicopters and reuse the parts to make paper air planes fly like RC planes. it could be possible.

instructables has all kinds of cheap and cool ass stuff to do and make. literally every skill level to be found. life hack has some cool simple stuff you can copy. instructables is far better in pretty much every way and as a mater of fact, you'll find everything at life hack on instructables as far as i was able to tell.

those are my picks. hope you find some cool stuff! [​IMG]

17. I've made several Trebuchets for projects and for fun.

Couple A frames, connect them, add swing arm, counterweight and a sling and you're pretty much set.

18. Make a selfbow out of a yew, Osage orange or hickory stave. It will be good training for the zombie apocalypse. Flinty napping would be a good skill to learn, and you never know when it might come in handy to learn how. To make fore with a hand or bow drill. Never know when you might end up naked and afraid and needing to light up a bowl. :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk