Producing sugar from shit

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by shmalphy, May 7, 2015.

1. #21 shmalphy, May 11, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2015
    Saturate your endocannabinoid system!

https://youtu.be/0eDy5zdAt9o

2. #23 shmalphy, May 11, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2015
    Trichome heads from no-till Deep Funk flowers, isolated using ice water and screens. This was the color and consistency of beach sand when it went in here but it greased right up with the warm weather we've had.

By far the most potent and delicious way to inhale cannabis, and the most efficient use of resin bearing leaves and flower bracts I have found. Retains maximum terpenes by limiting exposure to time, temperature, moisture, and oxygen, and preserves the plants cannabinoid profile from degradation.

Attached Files:

3. Hey shmalphy, I'm Mainah, nice to meet you.:wave:

Subbed up and looking forward to some experiments! :bongin:

4. do you go to Harry's hill at all?

5. Sorry, never heard of it.

6. It's a cannabis festival in Maine. Your not missing much lol. Although it can be a fun time.

7. #28 shmalphy, May 12, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2015
    Getting together materials for my worm bin. I have a compost pile that's made with yard waste, kitchen scraps, and a blend of sheep and chicken manure. I feed the chickens granite dust, kelp, and organic layer feed, plus they free range. The sheep eat grass hay, and a variety of weeds and brush; blackberry, bittersweet, multi flora rose, and poison ivy are the reason I got them pretty much. I'm planting cover crops where they have cleared.

I have two 25 gallon fabric pots filled with worms that I've been cultivating all winter in my workshop which are ready to be harvested. I'm going to harvest them in batches, and layer them into the bed over the course of a month or so as I build it up with the compost, rock dust, and sheep manure/straw mix.

I'm making it 3' deep but I probably won't be filling it all the way to the top. When I get close I'll build another on the side for a horizontal flow through design.

That's the plan so far. Here's a pic of the materials I'm working with; pallet wood and used coffee bags. The only thing I'm paying for is rock dust, 150lbs @ $10. Should yield roughly one ton of high grade vermicompost.

Attached Files:

8. You, my friend, are about to have the highest quality vermicompost imaginable.

9. #30 buckwheathulls, May 12, 2015
    Sheep crop the brush to the dirt line and leave nothing. And they are not as hard headed as a damn goat. Lol

1 ton.

Nice job!

10. I got back into juicing past year and got the Nutri Bullet as a present. So far, it's held up and blends all my greens. I'm not saying that it's as good as those higher end models. However, it's pretty decent for the price. I'm impressed.

E

11. With the slower mascating juicers you are able to store the material for a period of time.

12. #33 shmalphy, May 12, 2015
    Last night a fisher cat ate the heads off three of our 5 week old black copper maran hens, and left another torn open. Luckily it's getting stitched up as we speak, she's even getting a little cast.. no expense spared for the ol lady's precious birds LMFAO.

But now I'm getting ready to go compost the dead ones. Been doing some reading up on it and looks like I should let the pile sit for 9-12 months. Should be ready for next year's vermicompost feedstock. I need to track down the thermometer and make sure it hits 131 for at least 3 days.

Any tips on repelling fisher cats are welcome. I'm thinking of radios and spotlights on motion detectors and homemade ghost pepper oil on fencing, and putting some in water balloons.

13. This pile was just getting rolling and I have a ton of stuff to cap it with coming as soon as I finish the fence and move the sheep out to pasture.

Attached Files:

14. Dried blood orange peel in white vinegar.. this will be a potent degreaser in about a week or two.

Attached Files:

IDK anything about fisher cats except to say, 'Damn! I did not know those things even existed' ....

I think your answer lies in prevention. If your chicks are free ranging all bets are off and law of the jungle applies. If you have them in a coup you have to make sure it is secure. Bury the bottom of the fence, secure all the corners, etc. etc. That 'cat' got to 'em somehow.

I think those fisher cats have some raccoon blood in there somewhere. They appear to be exceptionally crafty - such as a raccoon - and appropriate security measures should be taken. Sure enough there are some utube videos of fisher cats doing wild stuff.

Surely one handy with some tools and ingenuity could rig up a security light sensor that triggers a 120v security alarm... or something similar. Don't know what that will do to little chickens in the middle of the night but I'm sure it beats getting eaten by a fisher cat.

Damn fisher cats. I will be danged!   [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] ... Dang!  [​IMG]

16. It's spring time. There is a female about teaching her young to hunt. Chickens are easy prey.

They are in the badger family. They will come back and can get through just about anything you put up to get those chickens. I'd get a live trap.

17. Did you actually see the cat? My parents had problems with coons getting their chickens a couple years ago. They got a pair of guineas that guarded the outside and kept them away. I don't know how many guineas it would take to keep a fisher cat at bay lol.

Solo

18. The problem is that we got two separate sets of chicks at different times. One of them was in the chicken tractor cultivating the surface of the garden, and the others had to be separated because they were younger, so they were in a dog crate. Those are the ones that got attacked. The chicken tractor wouldn't have stopped him forever, but at least long enough to hear what was going on. He got right inside the dog crate because there's a larger holes on the bottom. we had to remove the tray inside so they can get at the grass/bugs.

We secured the chicks in the basement, where they had been since they were hatched. We had only put them out recently to get them used to the weather. We also worked on securing the barn where we keep the laying hens and sheep.

19. My neighbor knows people who will catch them apparently, but I wouldn't want to be handling a caged fisher cat myself tbh. I thought they were a weasel but I don't know all that much about them except they make a terrible noise and are exceptionally viscous.