Hash Church

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by shmalphy, May 7, 2015.

1. #81 donothinggardening, Jun 12, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2015
    shmalphy, I am wondering, why are those the micron sizes you have chosen? genuinely curious. I do not have much experience making IWE. I thought that all 8 bags were important for contaminant removal :unsure: do you find some to be unnecessary?

2. All 8 bags are not necessary. I use a 220, 160, 73, 45, and 25. I asked for a 200 and he said 234 was the closest, but that will work for removing the bulk. A 177 should let some of the larger heads through that were getting caught in my 160. That eliminates the need for the 190. I collect hash in the 73. I eliminate the 90 and 110 because they are all full melt and I've found no purpose in separating them. The 45 will be replaced by a 43 and the 25 with a 15 for a more thorough collection

3. I think it should work pretty well.  The only other bag I use is my 120 only because some of my strains the 120 isn't full melt.  But yeah pretty much collect everything in the 73, then I skip the 45 bag and only use the 25.

4. thanks for the rundown! that makes perfect sense :) :wave:

5. No problem. I appreciate having people to work through these ideas with so I know I'm not missing something. I'm thinking it's going to be in the $500-600 range, that's just a guess based on their other products. Hopefully I'll save on shipping because they are stackable. A bit pricey, but it beats a $400 set of bags that will maybe last 5 years max.

6. You need to realize the BB Bags are sold by microns, the particle size each bag collects.  Metal screens are sold by mesh size, the number of lines/inch.  Mesh and micron sizing are not the same thing.  A 200 mesh screen has a particle size of 74 microns, a 25 mesh screen has 707 micron particle size.

http://www.showmegold.org/news/Mesh.htm

PW

7. These screens are measured in microns..

I just got an email back. Here's his idea on sizing:

"If you're using a standard 5 gallon bucket, here's what I would recommend:

15 micron - 9.5" diameter x 12" tall (this is the biggest filter--ie. the final filter)

43 micron - 8.5" diameter x 11" tall

74 micron - 7.5" diameter x 10" tall

177 micron - 6.5" diameter x 9" tall

234 micron - 5.5" diameter x 8" tall"

Thinking that's a bit small for the 234.. but then again if I pre filter with a regular cooking strainer to remove the bulk of the ice and leaf it should work.

Sounds like the best way to make them fit. He said if they are too close they don't filter properly, which makes sense, and makes me wonder about the bubble bags design.

8. #88 todderfran, Jun 12, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2015
    @ Pointswest Thank you but most of us are well past that little fact.  Good info though for people just finding this.

9. I say unless you are doing huge runs that those sizes should work.  Especially if you just do pour throughs.

10. Quick question. I just ran a batch of dry ice hash that I intend to use ONLY for edibles. Do I need to spread it out and dry or can I just toss the jar of fresh material in the freezer? Again, I have no intentions of ever smoking/vaping/dabbing it. Strictly for edibles.

Thanks

Solo

11. how's it goin, shmalpy? you get your bucket filters yet?

12. best way to smoke hash?

13. @ solotoker did you do fresh frozen dry ice hash. if so I would say yes let it dry if not no need.
    @Tattoeddown you can just toss it on a bowl, on a screen in a bowl or if it is melty hash dab that shit.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Not yet. I got a quote at $660. I'm still trying to decide if it's worth the investment.

15. #95 shmalphy, Jul 10, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2015
    My replacement bubblebag is doing the same thing, liner is falling apart. I contacted bubbleman and he said "well those are the least expensive bags we sell, all I can do is offer a replacement"

I told him to shove the replacement up his ass and stop hanging around Tony so much.

16. Lol nice. All the "replacement bags they sent me were bubblebag origionals that sucks man. Still at the price of the lites I will come out and say it they suck ass for the price you pay. Don't worry I have been giving him the finger lately too.

• Like Like x 1
  17. I'm placing an order for a 200u and a 75u nylon biodiesel filter and a 6"x6" stainless steel 100 micron screen from Utah biodiesel for $45 shipped.

I'll do a detailed review of how it works compared to the bags.

18. I tried some rosin the other day. I can't really justify to myself smushing the pretty buds for how little they put out. I think this method is best utilized when cleaning up finger hash or dry sift, etc. To me, there seems to be potential for a lot of loss when pressing a flower rather than a more concentrated form.

Either way, it made clean dabs for my vape pen and got me zooted.

19. If you know what your doing rosin out put is great. No different than bubble hash return. Strain and water content matter.

20. #100 Anatman, Jul 16, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2015
    I tried 3 different plants and got varying results from all 3. I've done thorough research and practice and my comments stand. Much of our experiences are subjective, and those are my conclusions from my experience.