Hash Church

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by shmalphy, May 7, 2015.

1. #21 shmalphy, Jun 2, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 2, 2015
    Bubbleman acts like he's the patron saint of cannabis or something but he's really a just a trendy dweeb; a "high times" guy through and through.

I might just be cynical, but it seems to me that he just constantly throws around buzz words, and feigns compassion. He's become like the Nancy Grace of herb in a way, exploiting medical patients for a sob story to create sensational media. Which seems altruistic enough, except for the fact that he's actively involved in establishing canna-business with sleaze balls like Tony so you know he is only doing it to advance his cause.

He always talks shit about dispensary prices, and judges people harshly for not providing med patients with free clones and even free top shelf hash, yet I've never heard of a single instance where's he's done anything to provide any meds for anyone but himself. He's sitting there puffing on $10K+ of glass and dnails, bitching that other people should do more, how about patient prices on those bags?

He's a condescending prick to Johnny B, probably so he can maintain the upper hand in their business venture. Very strange vibes from bubbleman since he's been rolling with the breadheads doing the Wall St thing.

I like watching to stay up to date on what is happening, but it is also important to have threads like this to set the record straight when you have things like a crew of 6 people talking about flushing longer for flushing out flushing agents that were used to flush out the "nutes". Like seriously, WTF?

2. Lmfao.

I heard Horatio mention Korean natural farming, and I know he raises rabbits, so I'd beleive he has some semblance of actual knowledge when it comes to growing. He's head and shoulders above the rest of the panel in terms of IQ anyway.

3. #23 SoloToker, Jun 2, 2015
    Im not sure they're even buzz words. The few videos I watched seemed like he made up words for his "process". And I've never really cared for his whole demeanor. He tries to come off as "the nice and honest guy just helping others", just like Jeremy from BAS. but in reality they're making a killing in the cannabusiness but from their own angle. I also notice bubbleman likes to bad mouth others in a way that looks like he's being a nice guy. I think just about anyone these days willing to put their face and name in this industry and in a postion to profit needs to be questioned.

Solo

4. #24 shmalphy, Jun 2, 2015
    I agree with what you are saying whole heartedly. As a a fan of organic agriculture and permaculture, not to mention a transcendentalist, and anti consumerist, it's been quite disappointing to see so many people cling to the idea of having premixed soil amendments packaged in boxes and shipped to them in petrol powered vehicles. Ecological nightmare.. and completely missing the point altogether IMO. It's about using what's available free in your area, or cheaply available locally. That was really the death knell to the whole LOS forum IMO.

Your right about bubbleman's attitude. I've only watched about 10 episodes, and my opinion of him has been rapidly changing. I learned how to make hash from him over 10 years ago, but it was garbage until Nikka T came on his forums and gave a detailed description of his technique. Those 2 ended up butting heads and now I can see that it was probably due to a bruised ego on bubbleman's part. He's too concerned about looking/acting young and being flashy with expensive gear, and comes off as an arrogant twit a lot of the time.

It's interesting to see what is going on the the world of canna garbage and gimmickry but I wouldn't expect much in terms of valuable information on hash church, although it is peppered with useful tidbits and things I'd like to further research. How else would I now what myths to bust? LOL.

5. #25 SaltyWarDog, Jun 2, 2015
    I'm pretty skeptical about the UCANN and other businesses they set up, I guess to advise and be the mediator for collabs. Theres good info and bad but I have to thank Marc for showing me how to process herb

I found this a year ago or so, http://1111webdesign.com/2w1f/freshheadiesbubblebags.html

6. #26 shmalphy, Jun 2, 2015
    Tbh, he hasn't really pioneered any of the methods he uses, and he hasn't really perfected them either. He's inspired a lot of people to try making hash, and was pretty reasonable to do business with, but I feel like things have changed a bit. I ordered new bags, went with the lite version and was not too impressed. I'm looking into either using framed dry sift screens or getting the screen itself and sewing bags or rigging something up for a long term solution.

Very interesting link. tl;dr but sounds like bubbleman was being a douche.

I don't know much about UCANN. Any information on that?

7. can anyone please tell me how i can dry my water hash out correctly? i seen a lot of people dryin that shit on cardboard... lol not feelin it

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

8. #28 SaltyWarDog, Jun 2, 2015

Tony's like number 2 there, I really hope they set up labs for research. like I said it's a collab thing, ucann I think is getting the space while marc gets the farmers in Jamaica with whatever his company is called. It seems just like layers of bureaucracy like politicians use or two many hands in on the deal. then you have john's company too. People also have to remember tony is not a scientist. They both tried to get Horatio to Jamaica and tony to CA on church will he bite, he's got a lot of info still to be shared one day.

My last two bags I needed have smaller tinsel nylon and the sewing seems cheaper (standard bags) but the original is way better and works great very heavy duty, I scrap with a knife with them no problem.

In all tho most are pretty open and sharing with ideas which is why so many people like it.

9. Tony is definitely no scientist lol.

Attached Files:

10. #30 shmalphy, Jun 2, 2015
    Freeze hash "patties" after patting dry. I like to put the patties in parchment, fold it up, and smash it to powder, then seive it over parchment (NOT WAXED) paper with frozen screens and spoons to work it through. Place the parchment on a window screen or similar. Use risers (small blocks) to stack screens. Keep cool dry and dark.

Drying can be frustrating and your going to probably lose some perfecting your technique.

11. sounds simple enough homie, when i take it right out of the bubble bags should i put it on a pyrex dish and put it over a pot of boiling water? ive quick dried buds this way and they come out really good actually so im thinkin it will be the same? lol idk

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

12. We add N-P-and-K and a lil bit of humic acid to, "increase the overall balance."

13. Johnny B works for medi-one, or has something to do with the ownership of the company, I can't tell. Listening to him talk about growing, it's pretty clear he's beyond clueless.

14. I wasn't sure either but they sell nutes so the circle is complete. Organic nutes in a jug.

Sent from my iPad Blood Eagle

15. Question for you shmalphy. How concerned are you about the ice and water you use for making hash? I remember the first video of bubbleman I watched he kept rambling about the quality of it. Even the shape of the ice was a big deal to him.

Thanks

Solo

16. Whoa... so much hate in here.  These guys aren't Gods or Dieties, they're human beings.  Don't write every word they speak in stone.

.....but we sure do have a lot to learn from them.  Otherwise we wouldn't be watching/listening.

as for the flushing or growing techniques/methods and even denying the possible evolutionary trait of a seed is absolutely and completely ignorant to think you know it all.  This is directed at all of you. :)

on a side note.  Why did Clackamas Coot delete his account?

17. also freezing, smashing, pyrex's and boiling water....... I don't know about all that.

Peep my thread in my sig for detailed instruction and discussion to make ice hash.  I use my own r/o water and home made r/o ice.

18. Glad I finally found this thread.  thank you brother Urb as always.  Hey we all have out opinion on these guys but the whole point, scientist or not, real science or not, is the fact that in todays age we can actually have a forum to share this info.  I praise Bubbleman for trying to promote clean extracts, but yes daily like him less and believe he will jump onto anything just to make a $ off us.  Trust me I respect the guys and the show to the fullest, but charging $400 for screens he will probaably just order for $130 and have shipped directly to you is almost predatory business practices.

On all the hate for Tony I just don't really get it.  yes he has a nice apartment and nice rig, but it seems he is atleast trying to advance the industry.  Always hate from the people who want what he has.  Just saying.

19. Coot comes and goes for longer than I have been here. I doubt there was any reason other than, he just wanted to.
    As for the methods... I think nature has us all beat, and always will.
    I look to people that I consider to be experts in a specific field to learn from. There are several people who have pioneered methods in different areas that were kind enough to share with us for free, I think that is pretty cool!

20. I think it has more to do with the mis-information he spews.