1st time grower (Silver Widow) Grow Journal

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by jkillivory21, May 6, 2015.

1. Decided to start a Grow Journal.

Outdoor Grow

Medium: earthgro soil, Goat Manure, perlite, humas, hay

8-12 hours sunlight

3 weeks old as of right now. She's off to a slow start due to rain here in Ohio and being a beginner i was watering every other day but now I. Have a soil tester and only water when it reads 2.0. I'm watering with Well water That sits for 24 hours and Ph'd at 6.2. All advice is welcomed to help me achieve this grow. I got stuck with shitty soil due to living in the country with no way to a nursery and the soil was given to me.

2. ill be following.. i hope your grow starts to pick up! excited to see pics of it finally taking off ! and hey free soil is better than native soil. (in some cases) i was worried my grow was going slow and within a 10 day time frame they doubled/tripled in size.. and thats before the flowering stretch. at this rate im gonna have atleast 1 5 foot plant maybe taller. being outdoors we can let them get as big as they want. the sky is the limit!

3. Once my darn phone uploads the pictures you'll see lol. Im excited that it actually started growing faster

4. did it start picking up once you slowed down on the watering? im telling you man.. keep that soil not soaked and it will grow faster and faster and faster... the bigger it gets the faster it grows. soon you will be looking back at this page saying damn i cant believe it was once that small 

5. It picked up ridiculously fast. I have a moisture tester now so i dont need to worry so much

6. Hell of a deal glad to hear that. Im subbed up, glad to see another outdoor grower. Check out my thread and watch how fast they grow. Link is in my signature. 

7. Whenever it stops being stupid I'll post the progress and I'll definitely sub

8. You on the app? Sometime's it goes crazy on me as well. Yeah just go check through the pics and you will see how fast they actually grow.. and mine are actually slower growing than alot of other just goes to show how crazy fast this plants grow! 

9. Yeah I'm on the app lol plus dont help when I'm over my data on my phone haha. I'll have pictures up asap tho

10. Oh shit that gets expensive quick! Looking forward to it brother. 

11. yeah you still have a little bit till she takes off.. probably 3 or 4 more nodes. 

12. Shes 23 days old. Needs to kick her ass in gear lol

13. dang i didnt know she was that old! shes definitely slacking.. she does look healthy though so thats a bonus. i was on my 4th node by day 22. maybe its just starting to pick up from the overwating. your pic she doesn't look droopy or anything looks like shes standing up taking all the sun she can in. i really hope she does pick up for you i understand your concerns now. as long as you dont love her to death then my estimate is by atleast day 35 she will really be suprising you 

14. Im wondering if the growth rate is different for photoperiod strains because of how damn slow its being. So its definitely a waiting game

15. Im just going with the flow. I'll see how she looks after the next 3 days of sun then the 2 rainy days. Glad my cousin has the rest of my seeds for an indoor grow lol.

16. even if they were different it wouldn't be that significant at all. are you sure your plot is in a good spot? plenty of sunlight and not real shady? even if you would have started with 1 23watt cfl for 2 weeks the cfl would have that plant quite a bit more formed than it is now. you have to be in a real shady spot other than that i honestly dont know why its that small. i just saw a picture on my journal you posted at day 9 and it hasnt developed hardly since then. if your not overwatering and your in a sunny spot then idk wtf is going on

17. I feel like a dumbass. Lol. I just checked the calendar on my.phone for the day i planted it. Its not 23 days old its 16 lmao. I was thinking of the seedlings that drowned. But its got plenty of sunshine. I cut down 4 trees with a machete to make sure i got all the light i could.

18. thats 7 days better. some people put poison on the tip of there machete and make like a 6inch cut into alllll surrounding trees.. it doesnt knock them down but keeps them from producing leaves and helps a shit ton with more light. at day 16 my plants had just finished its 2nd node working on its 3rd node with a total of 14 leaves. 16 including the cotyledons. as i said earlier though its probably just now starting to regain root strength from not being soaked all the time. my new estimate is day 25 she will start to really suprise you (alot better than day 35 lol)

19. Its somewhat on my property so i said fuck it i want to cut trees down anyways lol and I'll see how she's going in 5 days. I only go to check my cameras and test the moisture and water when needed