Fake RooR bong?

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by etho, May 6, 2015.

1. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1430886554.058887.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Yea bottom half looks fake.  Check out roor.de for comparisons.

3. But really, is there a big difference?

4. W ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1430887168.205513.jpg

What about this one

5. Yup also fake.  As long as you don't pay a roor price then its worth it.

6. So that would still work just as well as any other honeycomb bong?

7. So what if its fake, glass is glass and it works pretty close to the same until it breaks, I dont like brands because you are just paying for a logo / name on the bong.

8. with 3 honeycombs that things going to have more drag than hittin a fuckin 30ft bong

why does it have to be a roor? The majority are fake, and even real ones aren't all that great. Get a bong with no percs

9. I'm not looking for any brand names at all. I was just wondering if it's worth it. What are the honey combs like? I'm used to smoking out of powerade bottles. ;) and a few plain glass bongs. Nothing with any fancy perks or brands. What do you guys recommend for the best bong around $30?

10. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1430899383.197562.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1430899397.638001.jpg

What about these?

11. #11 jakdea, May 6, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2015
    where can you buy such cheap bong? where do they ship from? be careful some company will ship it with not much protection and you will get it broke appart, i usually buy my bongs on local internet shop and those pieces cost about 70 - 130$ with no brand. Can you send us pic of the nail? cause in the second picture it looked really cheap 

12. Watch out with those China glass bongs. They are easy to break but if you're careful it'll work as good as any other. Mine just has a single shower head perc which is plenty for my 12 inch

13. It's from a site called DHgate.

Witch one out of all those 4 look the best?

14. When paying 20-40 for a roor, it's guaranteed fake.

Just looking at that I can tell it's cheap China glass.

[​IMG]

15. #15 walterbishop, May 6, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2015
    Let's end this speculation right now. Everything sold on DH gate is fake. /thread

And Etho, yes there is a big difference. I'll not go into the litany of things that are different with Chinese glass. But suffice to say, you get what you pay for, but the give for the gimme is acceptable when the prices are so low.

All that said, the trick with glass on DH Gate is to use very specific sellers that have been vetted and tested by other people. I know of about 5 that are very reliable, pack their glass good for shipping, and will replace things if they break in transit.

16. They still look very nice! Would I be better off buying a $30 bong with no perks at my local shop?

17. Wanna share those reliable sellers? I'm most likely gonna buy a bong from DHGate but want to buy from a trustworthy seller.

18. Buy a small bong made in America if you can't afford a large one, go on ioffer. Do not buy Chinese glass, it can have all sorts of things, such as lead. 

Sure. I've personally used sunshinestore.

Other venders that many people (on fuck combustion) have ordered from and reported back on mostly favorably are:

cleanclearglass

<span>yingmin5 </span>

stevenlmz79

kathy0577

<span>wingsofliberty</span>

Take it all with a grain of salt. I'm sure there's other decent venders out there too. But these are ones that many people have used, and if any issues have happened, seemed to take care of their customers.

20. Save up and get a quality bong for 100-200, you get what you pay for man. If you can't afford the 100 dollars you probably shouldn't be buying things like bongs at all