My first micro-grow :D

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by MrBudget, May 5, 2015.

1. #41 MrBudget, May 24, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2015
    Yeah, I we as watching them die and was like, "Well fk it, it couldn't hurt, right?"

Well the leaves arnt springing back to their lush dark green hue, but the main girl has perked ba c k up physically. :)

I'm giving them 24 hrs darkness, and shall be switching to a 1800 lumen led light within the next 24-48 hours~ :) (Blue 460nm Red 630nm) I wouldn't have switched to LED normally, but it was 40 bucks and 60+ five star reviews.

2. What's the 24 hours of darkness for?

3. Nothing really, I just noticed that this strain seems to flourish after 24 hours of darkness. *shrugs* I give it a day of darkness about once every two weeks.

4. Oh ic..only thing that makes me think of is stressing the plants into hermi mode. I read on here a long time ago that you can induce plants to go hermaphrodite plants by messing with random light schedules. I'm fairly certain too that when a female plant goes Hermie and then pollinates itself only the female genes are passed down to the seeds, therefore resulting in feminized seeds.

5. Yeah, I've heard of that too, but Ive been fine so far prolly because its so infrequent. (And Ive defolated every node other than the bud sites themselves) But, if she hermies, then I'll end up with free fem seeds, so I guess its a win win. :)

6. Nice you'll get fem seeds if the hermied plant it self is female. Which yours looks to be!

7. Well they both started from fem auto seeds, so a seed batch (with a little bud) would be pretty awesome!

8. Oh cool right on well I got two seedlings under 5 Cfls and a fan now. I just have it all on a digital timer set for 18 on and 6 off everyday.

9. Ah, I was using a timer aswell, but I became conserned about heat, another reason I'm hoping the LED light holds up to its reviews! (Basically growing in a wood box lol)

10. #50 tokemz, May 24, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2015
    Nice now that I got 5 CFLs I was a but concerned with heat at the plant level. But its not too worry because I put a temperature gauge on one of the containers it only reads 72 degrees. Which is good. Its probably because this room the plants are in has a 8000btu ac going keeping it nice and cool.

11. Hahaha Ive been doing the same thing! Even if I'm a little chilly the AC stays on till dusk! Lol

12. Lol I just leave it on 70 24/7 I figure its better than trying to cool the whole room down once a day.

13. UPDATE!

So after transplanting, she pretty much exploded! :)

Attached Files:

14. Nice I knew it would rebound and really like the replanting. Nice job!

15. They'd all be hermies.

16. #56 MrBudget, May 29, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2015
    No, not necessarily since both sets of phenos would be fem...

Update!

I updated my box today! Installed a cheap LED grow light (rbg, 1400 lumens and 60+ 5 star reviews) and an automated watering probe. Idk why the pics suck, I guess the wavelengths are messing with my camera?

Anyways, the girls seem to love the new light, getting frosty up in here! :D

Attached Files:

17. Looking good man!

18. The LED light seems to be working! :D

Collor is back, stank is stronger, and buds are fattening noticeably each day~

Attached Files:

19. #59 MrBudget, Jun 2, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 2, 2015
    Pink Desiel x Amnesia Haze AUTO Fem from Seed, Day 50.

Training the lazy way. XD

Shes sipping on a 16 oz bottle of super concentrated micro-nutes through the ceramic self-watering probe, and she seems to be loving it!

Attached Files:

20. Nice its looking good! Can you look back to the updated pics on my grow the 2 plant Cfl grow. I might need to start feeding them..they are 33 days old.