My first micro-grow :D

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by MrBudget, May 5, 2015.

1. Pink Diesel x Amnesia Haze AUTO

♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤

So, this grow journal is still in progress, but late to post.. I started with 2 seeds in one pot, transfered to seperate pots, and then kulled the weaker plant after it hermied on me..

It should be noted that my box has undergone a few renovations, and that I have cropped the fan leaves to promote and train the undergrowth. :)

The last pic is the plant currently at 22 days.

Attached Files:

2. Hi MrBudget, great to see you started a grow journal here [​IMG]  Do you have some more information about your setup? Dimensions, ventilation, lights. [​IMG]

3. #3 MrBudget, May 5, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2015
    I'm using two 24 watt cfl bulbs, about 1800 lumens for the 1.5 ft of space. (Waiting on adapters to convert to four bulbs)

The ventelation is one four inch exhaust fan, intake is passive. Temp 70 - 80 F.

The soil is just organic compost. :)

I couldn't find information on this strain, so I unfortunately have no idea how long it should take or even what the yeild should look like...

4. #4 tokemz, May 6, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2015
  5. #5 MrBudget, May 6, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2015
    Oops.

6. #6 MrBudget, May 6, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2015
    It's an auto, supposedly in the 75 - 90 day range, but it has started flowering already at day 25. (White threads at nodes)

UPDATE!

I noticed a green mold on top of the soil. I watered with nutes, hydrogen peroxide and am letting it dry. Its a 3 inch pot so it'll be bone dry in 3 days, hopefully the mold shall be gone!

Attached Files:

7. Its out growing the box.. the branches are crashing into the box sides and still growing! Idk what to do.. :/

Attached Files:

8. Should I just bend the branches upwards? :S

9. Ok, so we're officially in flower! :D

I cut the ties, and the branches are straightening themselves out towards the lights, lots of buds forming!

(Updating original post with all photos aswell)

Attached Files:

It's final size will be about 2 or 3 times the size it was when it entered pre flower.

Showing pistols on day 25 is perfectly normal. I have plants that preflower on Day 15.

If you have mold able to grow on top of the soil you have 2 issues...1) are you keeping the pot to wet? 2) get a fan on the plant NOW. If you are able to grow mold now you are at risk of mold forming in the colas and ruining your grow. 

12. Well I killed the mold.. for now anyways. :)

2-3 times bigger? Hmn.. in hieght or bushyness?

Mostly height. But the sexy ladies always get some hips too. Let me put it like this I have an Pink Grapefruit autoflower in my cabinet right now in a 1 gallon pot. She preflowered around day 17 (I have it marked down someplace). She was at her 5th node and 5 inches tall at preflower....then....she started her stretch...on some days is gaining over 2 inches in height in a 24 hr period. She will be 22 inches tall by morning and no signs of slowing down yet.

14. A true micro grow would go 12\\12 flower cycle after 5 sets bro or your plant will outgrow a space very quickly in flower even most auto would stretch more tan 1.5 sq ft in flower so you'd be fucked ... Micro grows are focused on growing small plants in which are mostly bud similar to a sog but sog is usually applied to larger spaces to harvest more offer micro means small ... Veg means large plants anything past 1.5 weeks

15. #15 MrBudget, May 12, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2015
    Well Its and auto, and Ive been unknowingly defoliating the fan leaves as they finish out, she seems to benefit more from the exposed bud sites and extra airflow than from full photosynthesis.

More tests along the same phenotypes is necessary, but the inconclusive results seem promising, even for an auto.

Very odd being an auto, I expected it to stall or die entirly...

New pic in a couple days! :D The buds are really coming in, and I want a pic in full florish. :3

16. New bud pics???

17. Tomorrow! I want to make sure that there is something tangible to show, rather than just new grower enthusiasm! :p

18. Def will keep checking back I can't wait to see

19. #19 MrBudget, May 13, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2015
    Thank you! It's nice to be able to get feed back as the grow progresses. :)

20. #20 MrBudget, May 13, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2015
    UPDATE! :D

Today is officially day 30!

So its not getting much taller, but I think thats due in part to the tiny pot. The water seems to run straight through during watering, but its to late to transplant it...

The upper sides of some of the branches is turning redish, but the leaves are still healthy looking so I can't tell if its genetic or to much nitrogen. I have been watering with a grass clipping compost tea, so I'm leaning tword excess nitrogen.

Should I flush for the next couple watering?

On the positive side of things, the bud sights are well defined and longer pistils are starting to pop up!

I feel its too soon to say what the final plant will look like, but I'm betting on pop-corn nugs. :/

I have a start going, and I'm going to put it in a larger pot, no coco-coir (just black gold compost) and see what it looks like with no intervention.

Attached Files: