Hard water stains

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by jj420aded, May 5, 2015.

1. Does anyone u know how to get rid of this it gets on my nerves so bad. I've tried alchol an salt an nothing. I scraped some off so I know it can come off

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Vinegar and rinse with distilled water.  Lots of good reviews of simple green as well.

3. ^what he said and alslo try clr. The problem you are having is calcium build up and clr is calcium lime and rust remover.

4. in reality a 91% iso and salt mixture is going to be the most effective. anything else acidic might work but will take more vigorous bong shaking.

after you do that iso clean, learn to start rinsing your bong out with steamy water after EVERY sesh. youll see how much longer she stays clean

5. I heard that hot water causes the hard water stains

6. tap water causes them.

7. R u serious so I have to use purified water in my piecr

8. Just add vinegar as a second wash after the alcohol method. Of course you'll end up rinsing that out with tap water again but it seems to help mine a lot. Otherwise you can use vinegar and then distilled water as a rinse to make it perfect...

9. Pbw will probably take it off after a couple rinses.

10. Yep. I'm a huge fan of reverse osmosis water. It makes better teas and coffees and drinks and ice and let's you keep nice glass crystal clear. After installing my 140 buck RO under the sink system, my tidal dissolved solids in ppm are in single digits instead if 300+. Good water is something your plants, glass, pets and your own body will love. :)

11. link on that, or was it bought in store ?

12. http://www.amazon.com/Drinking-Reverse-Osmosis-System-Water/dp/B00J2DGTD8/ref=sr_1_4?s=hi&ie=UTF8&qid=1432040558&sr=1-4&keywords=Reverse+osmosis

Installation was quite simple. I think the only challenge anyone would encounter would be if the supply line connection doesn't fit their particular plumbing but it is an easy and cheap fix. The hardest part is going through all the instructions. (And put the membrane in the unit). The water has been great. The 5 seedlings I started in my Aeroflot systems are looking healthier and happier than the last two grows because of it and my bongs never looked better and my tea, absinthe and drinking water are all outstanding. If I knew how nice it would be, I'd have installed it a long time ago instead of settling for well water that seemed to be "not too bad" at around 280 -360 ppm.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

13. yeah that's what I havw, well water. Thank god for no fluoride right. I'll check that out though I need something like it in my house.

14. Granted I know it's been an ongoing debate but isn't drinking RO water long term negative to your health? From everything I've ever heard or read its most often associated with mineral deficiencies. While I feel that may in fact be due to the laziness of people not adjusting their diets to their decision to change the water the drink the risk is there. And you may want to check the PH of your water, removing minerals along with contaminants can make your water actually be slightly acidic. Which to counteract your body can actually pull minerals from itself. I understand it's a personal decision what water a person drinks, and I'm sure I'm not telling you anything you don't already know. I prefer Alkaline water and not everyone agrees with me for instance. But just had to put my two cents out there!

15. I'm of the mind that it's pretty silly for people to claim that pure water is bad for you because it doesn't contain all those random dissolved solids like arsenic, heavy metals, sulphur, etc. A reasonable diet is all that's necessary to avoid any mineral deficiencies since that's where the vast majority of our mineral intake comes from, anyway. Filtering water removes both good solids and bad solids. You get all the good solids you need in your food and you're better off with the bad solids removed. But everyone has to make up their own minds about this stuff. Seems everything you can eat, drink or otherwise ingest has people arguing for its health benefits and others swearing to its dangers. Marijuana is another that comes to mind.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

16. #16 5cooby Doo, May 21, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2015
    Its the water you are using. I suggest ONLY using purified/bottled water in your piece. And same goes for when washing it.

I had a piece that would just not get 100% clean no matter how much I tried.  Simple green didn't do it. Baking soda and vinegar. 420Solution from a headshop. Iso and salt. Nothing seemed to work. I learned to always use filtered water in your piece if you really care for it.

Your best bet would probably be 99%iso (and salt) and leave it in there at least a full 24hours.  If you can  get a brush and scrape that would help, just don't break your piece. [​IMG]

17. Tap water, especially hot tap water will cause water stains. Iso and sea salt is what I've been using for years. Use clean water when smoking which is obvious lol