Correct Vaporizer Use Consuming Vaped Herb?

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by PinkFloydEffect, May 5, 2015.

1. Hello I am new here, I just got into the vaporizing scene because I have been having trouble with my tonsils and smoking sets them off within minutes of "smoking" and I am a long time seasoned smoker.

I tried this before just for novelty years back with an iOLITE and it wasn't holding up to smoking took too long to vaporize and I felt I was leaving something on the table as a waste. Now I am forced to and so I bought a Hebe Titan II on eBay for $45 and it works quite well but I have a lot of learning to do.

Let me start by saying I do not like how long it takes to consume the same amount of herbs, but I think I have been doing it wrong....when the oven heats to temp I start taking long slow drags over and over and over because I was under the impression if I let it sit it would be like a cherry burning away but if you don't inhale for 10-20 seconds nothing is wasted right? I left it on for 30sec and forgot it then picked it up and got a huge vapor cloud should I just let it sit and build vapor in the unit before inhaling? Maybe keep a finger over the mouth opening?

I like how its a much cleaner high almost stimulating during the day, after many many years of smoking all day every day I actually enjoy this high better but it seems it creeps in on you and takes a while to feel it unlike smoking when it goes to your head after your first hit instantly. I know the feeling we have all come to know as "high" is a cocktail of molecules CBD, etc so possibly its the CBD or something that you feel instantly when smoked until the THC takes its effect??? Once it finally does set in its nice and still feels heavy just takes a while. I started using this thing around 400F to make it vape quicker and usually start at 380F but should I try a lower temp and let it sit at oven temp for a while before inhaling instead??

Now I am left with this vaporized herb I am having a hard time just throwing away...I feel ingesting it is great for your health but never could afford to...I know there are traces still left and I take my multivitamins and crush them then fill empty capsules for better absorption I actually bought capsules too large and there is always extra room I am thinking about filling that room with vaporized herb what do you think?? 

2. Not familiar with that vape so I can't help there.

But defiantly don't throw out your vaped bud.  Capsules are a great idea, if you save up a bunch you can make butter or oil and make some delicious treats.

3. I am not familiar with that vape either, but generally speaking letting it sit wouldn't waste of it is a convection vaporizer, by if it's conduction then it could cause waste . Letting it sit at the lower temp for a couple minutes, then using has always worked better for me than higher temps as well. And ingesting already vaped bud is great. Crazy thing is you don't even have to cook it, you can just eat it as it has been decarbed once you have vaped it (decarb is beating weed at about 200 F or more, making it digestible for ya tummy). One time I ate around 5 grams of avb and was couch locked for a few hours and slept like a baby!

Sent from my iPhone usi

4. Using it between 330-360 works best for me
    Draw a softly and then speed up until it "clicks" and you can just hear air rushing.
    Grind very fine

^recipe for vapor on titan

Sent from my SM-G900P using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. #5 PinkFloydEffect, May 6, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2015
    Thanks everyone, I do not know if its convection or conduction. 

I am digesting the vaped bud for my health more then getting high, so I am not sure if a small amount each day is better than digesting my weeks vaped supply all at once, once a week. 

6. I am familiar with the titan 2 through text, but I haven't actually used one yet. It appears to be a partial convection and partial conduction vaporizer, as most portables are. With my solo and herbalaire I find I get very dense vapor if I let the unit heat up, insert my herb into the chamber, wait 20-30 seconds with my finger covering the draw hole, then I take a nice long pull and get a lot of visible vapor on exhale. As the session moves on the vapor will get thinner and thinner until your session is complete. I vape between 380 and 400 for that night time sedative effect, and around 350 for daytime use. As far as your vaped bud never throw it away! You can make capsules, gold Dragon, qwiso, edibles, and a number of other things. I typically buy 00 vegetarian caps at my local health food store, grind my bud really fine with and electric coffee grinder, then fill the caps rather tightly. I take 3 on an empty stomach and it puts me at about a couch locked 7 out of ten for 3-4 hours. I hope I answered some of the questions you had, and of you need any other help just quote my post and I'll be sure to get back to you. Vaping is awesome not only from a health standpoint, but also flavor and conservation of your herbs. Happy vaping!

7. #7 PinkFloydEffect, May 7, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2015
    I thought the temps were all hype on changing the effect, I seem to get a stimulant high no matter what the temp is. Your saying you pre-heat yours before even loading it with the herbs? I was curious if its bad to heat it back to back; it shuts off after a few min and I have to turn it on again and heat it back up for a second time to brown the herbs more I thought that could be a protection circuit. So I am mostly left with CBDs with my vaped material? 

I will have to make sure I am not taking this with my morning multivitamin then I do not want to bring down my day the way wake-n-bake would. However I will certainly try this before bed even if I am not taking large amounts it may be enough to help keep me asleep, if I put green bud in capsules it would not work as well as vaped buds is what I am gathering? (decarb) I have "000" capsules and I have no problem swallowing them. If it was not for being able to consume my vaped material I would say this is not a good way to conserve buds, 

8. The titan shuts down after a 1 minute of non use. Just look for the temps to drop and then hold the power button for 3 seconds

9. I preheat all of my vapes before I load my herb, then I let it "stew" in the vape for just a bit, then I begin my session. I feel different effects at different temperatures, but some may not. Different cannabinoids have different boiling points therefore if you stay below a certain temp you won't inhale all of the cannabinoids that don't become active until a higher temp is attained. Herb that hasn't been decarbed before use well give you little to no effect because the cannabinoids haven't been activated. The 000 caps will work just fine. Pace yourself with dosing your meds though until you find a level that works well for you. My consumption was cut in half when I switched to vaping, but to each their own.

10. #10 PinkFloydEffect, May 8, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2015
    The Titan actually shuts down even when in use, it only heats the oven for a period of time then shuts off the heating element usually its all vaped out by then but I like to run it a second time. Your talking about when its not heating the whole thing shuts off completely this is before that. 

I have been doing the same letting it "stew" I place the mouth piece against the side of my grinder and let it sit. Personally I am just dropping the temp enough to get as much out of it I can without any smoke, thanks for your reply. I out of choice cut down my "lung consumption" but I can consume many times more in weight when vaping than smoking so I found it to be opposite with vaping but I am still very happy I can wake-n-bake with a vaporizer and it does not kill my day [​IMG]

11. #11 hitops, May 19, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2015
    I think I know whats going on here. Remember in that kind of vape a lot of conduction is going on. The reason you got a bigger hit letting it sit a bit while heating aka on is it climbs back to temp. It then gives it more time to evenly heat & create more vapor. Every hit you take cools a vaporizer like this one. A simple test you can do chain hit it back to back to back you will see less vapor each hit if done back to back. Let it sit massive cloud right. You get the point. Lower temps will only mean you need to slow down even more take your time & slower long pulls. Preheating will help at any temp. Different temps produce a different effect for me aswell. If I'm in a hurry I just kick a vaporizer up to high that is a design like this. Take a few long slow drags turn it off continue to take drags to cool chamber down. This avoids cooking or wasting herb. If that did not do it for me next time I take 3 hits or 4. The way it creeps up on you can make it a bit hard to judge but it can be done. The higher temp won't waste herb if you turn it off puff it cool.

12. #12 hitops, May 19, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2015

What strain of marijuana are you using? look up the properties effects of your strain of marijuana. Example some strains will stimulate no matter what or what temp used & known for it some will do the opposite. Lower temps will just lower the effect. If you are using a good hybrid strain you can change the effects with temp some pure strains contain both effects also due to thc % cbd cbc cbn so on makeup & temp effects what you get. You can also look up strain specific effects cbd cbc cbn count so on.  Use this https://www.leafly.com/explore/sort-alpha  Limit your intake of already vaporized marijuana from your vaporizer to 1 gram or less by sight not weight as already vaporized weights much less then green. Until you know how it will affect you. You can use caps or mix it in with something that contains fat like a milkshake cheese on a pizza olive oil grape seed oil peanut butter so on food of choice with fat . It will aid in absorbing no need to cook the dish also. Delayed effect warning when ingesting just so you know by about 1hr to 2hrs or possibly more. Do not consume more. Decarb needs not be done as your vaporizer has done this already if leftovers are light brown in color not black. Green non decarbed or vaporized marijuana would have no effect unless you eat a massive amount.

13. Google QWISO and dab that stuff. its my favoriate thing to do

14. Many people have reported stomach symptoms if they consume too much of the actual herb.

With that in mind, I would suggest a little every day.

I would also suggest trying some coconut oil in the caps to aid bioavailability.

You could try dry AVB caps vs. AVB caps + coconut oil. See if the extra step (adding coconut oil) is worth it.

If you do try, please report back.

15. #15 PinkFloydEffect, May 27, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2017
    It claims to be accurate temp and climbs quickly, then holds within 5F of your temp even during chain drags.

I actually learned the hard way before reading this I made up some AVB capsules with organic oil spread in them, I packed them extremely tight and took 2 of them "000" in size...it took 4 hours to fully hit me and I woke up and went into extreme anxiety attack and lost my motor skills for a while it was bad lol.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I found this article a day after the incident.... http://beyondchronic.com/2012/08/capsule-warning-avb-experiment-wrong/

I have never tried the capsule again lol however I did use 7 grams of AVB mixed with tons of kief and let it sit with some of that natural oil butter on a low simmer in water for almost 2 hours then strained through reusable metal coffee filter basket...made for some very potent butter!

I used the butter to make a loaf of blueberry bread using muffin mix....holy strong! Haha I get so baked when I eat this and it does not take much...I eat it after dinner and by the time i go to relax Im starting to feel it and my eyes go bloodshot by bed time its perfect [​IMG] makes me sleepy again compared to vaporizing.
    \nI swear AVB is stronger than using straight flowers in the butter with the vaporizing temp "activating" it? I do save all my stems and I put them in the freezer in a bag...the crystals get brittle and I smash the bag up and fondle it when it gets full and I end up with a golden layer on the bottom...I shake it all through a reusable metal coffee filter basket over a piece of computer paper and you would be amazed how easy it is to extract a LOT of kief from your stems the freezer is the trick to make the crystals fall off. That pile went into the butter as well its real strong [​IMG]

16. Glad to see you had some success with your ABV. I can assure you that ABV is not stronger than unvaped flowers because the process of vaporizing is extracting active ingredients thus leaving less in your ABV. You don't need to mix your ABV in oils but it can help concentrate your ABV and make it taste better in various edibles. Personally i use pure virgin coconut oil for my ABV. I love coconut and its fatty content is alot more than butter or most other baking oils.

17. #17 PinkFloydEffect, May 27, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2017
    I will eventually buy a nicer vaporizer but I have surely made the switch I find smoking even through water really harsh now after a decade of loving it! I let it sit at 360F and take a long drag, let it sit, another long drag, etc I always leave it plugged in to make sure the battery stays topped off for when i actually do need to use it on the go, I am disappointed though it can not heat on USB power by itself it always uses battery and charges for a while after each use even when plugged in during use instead of using the USB power and not touching the battery so there must not be enough amps without battery.
    [​IMG]

The process of preparation is much more of a complicated pain than before though...I had been using a terrible grinder knocking it into a folded piece of paper then trying to feed it into the Titan II. I ordered a cheap flask funnel from China on eBay and it fits perfectly!
    [​IMG]

I ended up buying a Magic Flight finishing grinder and its making an amazing difference now all the herb turns browner and quicker, plus it sits on top of the funnel very well so no more knocking it onto a piece of folded paper! Now if I can only find a way to get the herb from my main grinder into the finishing grinder swiftly...
    [​IMG]

Well it does decarb it, which is half or more of the loss in cooking with greens? The butter/oil is to help you ingest it instead of pass it though unprocessed I thought. 

19. correct, thats why i said you don't need oil or butter. If you vape enough so theres still some green left and say you want to make cookies. Your ABV won't bind to the fats by just being decarbed. You need to heat it up again as a process to bind to the fat. This is only if you want better tasting edibles as you said and to concentrate your ABV in a small amount of oil. Otherwise yeah you don't need to do the binding process.

20. "Fondle it when it gets full" baked me lost it at that