need help/ verification this will work

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by Reo, May 5, 2015.

1. #1 Reo, May 5, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2015
    Hey guys had my bong for some time and want to add some diffusion to it. Since the downstem is a ½"hole lol.

But the problem is.... Is that it uses a rubber grommet to attatch the down stem to the bong

[​IMG]

I did measure the hole opening and its an even 20mm. And the down stem uses a unground taper that's about 19mm with a tapered silicone sleave that adds 2mm. To it for a total 21mm. So the route Im thinking i can go would to get a 18mm joint down stem and slid the rubber grommet over it equaling 20mm.

Do you guys think it would work?

And to the other guys I do have a glass on glass joint bong its just I can't use it for my daily driver as I would like.

2. The math adds up, I think it would work. 

Make sure you measure the length of the downstem, you don't want to get one that's too long or too short.

3. Just went by my lhs and picked up a 4.5" slitted downstem from hoss. And it works perfectly. I did the measurements on the joint to be max 18mm but I guess that measurement is for the middle of the joint since I only needed to go half way up with the rubber grommet.

Might be posting some pics later on..

4. good call, bud.... that's one thing about smokers, unlimited ingenuity when it comes to making or rigging a pipe