Religion and Government control

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by Killahi, May 5, 2015.

1. Right. Linear is linear and you could devise a calendar of your own with arbitrary units of measure to track the linear progression of events.

Now with that being said, what do you know about non-linear time?

------

2. Only from what my scientific mind loves in Quantum Mechanics i.e Time is not a constant in the universe and is just relative to any other point.
    But I have a feeling that's not what you meant.

3. I imagine most out their seeing this same point of view as you do so I imagine most people would never feel the need to question it.

------

4. #24 Browne, May 6, 2015
    Last edited: May 6, 2015
    We don't have a system anymore that gives orientation of non-linear time on a PRACTICAL level like with do with linear time.

A bit more about what the Greeks thought about the differences between the two...

While our relationship with SPACE has become more complex over the centuries, our relationship with TIME has become too simplified.

------

5. This is defiantly true. It's one of the reasons many people find quantum physics so hard to grasp. The fact that 1 second is a different second depending at the relative speed at which you a traveling at blows a lot of peoples minds even though you can prove it with an equation every one learns in school physics. Speed=Distance*Time. The speed of light is a constant and 1 m is one meter. So if you travelling 99% the speed of light and turn on a light why do you see the same thing as you would if you where stationary? Simple It's the relative time change. Time passes much slower when you travel 99% the speed of light so the light can move the same distance in the same amount of "time". 

Don't know about the tangent I just really love physics. Maybe someone learnt something. However, I'm curious to see how you think a non-linear practical time system would work. When do I pay my mortgage? [​IMG]

6. #26 Browne, May 6, 2015
    Chances are you can stop paying your mortgage and stay in your house if your mortgage has been sold off several times, is listed on MERS, or if the title cannot be located or a title search reveals inconsistencies. ; )

The quantum world looks crazy as particles seemingly blink in and out of existence. I've often wondered if you could have the ability of speeding up and observing the lifespan of a galaxy, would you not see more or less the same type of behavior? Stars seemingly blinking in and out of existence and such. Perhaps there is an underlying relationship between scale and rate of change or rate of spin.

But beyond those tangents what would the motive be for "government" to want to conspire to control people's consciousness? For their benefit? For our benefit? To keep us locked down into our current understanding of ourselves? To prevent us from evolving into what is in our potential to become? What?

------

7. #27 VaWaveRider, May 6, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2015
    I'm simply failing to see where the control aspect comes in. You are making connections where there are none. If they are using the calendar to control us, they must not be doing a good job. You've ignored it, but I keep showing example of how the days of the week are named after Norse gods. It doesn't seem as though you believe that those who worship Norse Gods are controlling us. How are they controlling us, yet at the same time I am an atheist and they can do nothing to silence me. Also, the calendar they are using to "control" us was simply adapted from other gods. That's powerless and not all powerful. I'd bet my bank account that you also believe in other conspiracy theories that you have no evidence for. 

8. #28 Browne, May 6, 2015
    The conscious aspects of time has been scrubbed out of our daily lives over the course of centuries, and so the Gregorian Calendar is sorta the cherry on top of that process. Even when it was introduced there was still a conscious or spiritual aspect attached to it as back then you could not announce the year was 1596. You had to say "Year of our Lord 1596" to be proper. But even that phrase was dropped over time. So that's what the idea here. So if you're failing to see where the control aspect comes in, and you've never have seen a non-linear model of time and what it expresses, how would you know what to look for? When you're "in the box", how do you know what is "outside of the box"?

What is the difference between the phrase "conspiracy theory" and "alternative idea"?

In general meaning, absolutely NOTHING.

But...

A stigmatism is attached to the former phrase.

What does the stigmatism say?

A Conspiracy Theorist is a crazy person.

You don't want your peers to view you as a "Conspiracy Theorist".

Who put the stigmatism there?

The media.

So it is legal to say the the media has put a social stigmatism on the act of presenting alternative ideas counter to media sponsored ideas because the person presenting alternative ideas is a crazy person.

Oh my.

Danger! Will Robisnon! Danger!

Hehe...

You can make that bet but we KNOW that you will project onto others who you've never met before and speak of them as if you had (dillusional).

------

9. You misunderstand my meaning of the word control in this context. I believe the way religion has been structured into our society makes it so that the law is not merely enforced by the man with the sharpest sword but by a man whose power is derived directly from super natural source enter God. By control I simply mean religion has been adopted as a means to scare people into obeying. It is much easier to be scared of something you cannot understand and are constantly told you cannot ever understand but must instead just accept. It is always much easier to tell people that God is Omnipresent the same way children are told Farther Christmas knows when you're being naughty. God will know and you will be judged for it in the after life.

For me my main problem with religion has always been the fact that man has a very very obvious hand in its creation. Religion was not some eternal thought that all humans are born with. Religion has a start, one which most history books can point to. Therefore, I have always wondered into the purpose of it's creation. I guess this idea I have is quite a malicious way of putting it but I guess a much more reasonable explanation is that it was just a way of explaining the world around you in the absence of science. Regardless, I still believe that despite its perhaps pure intentions, Religion has been corrupted and exploited by people who just don't give a sh*t.

10. I just realised for my above post wherever I say religion I really mean Abrahamic religions!

11. Took me a while to get through. Been reading it throughout the day. Really interesting paper though. Shows how if people really believe they are doing something moral you can make them do anything...Including being a matyr. This kind of leads to a point I have when people try to argue religion as being harmless. "Oh why does it matter what I believe? It's not harming anyone". Tell that to the millions dead fighting in holy wars for the very same religions.

I'm so glad you guys found each other.  The other day, when I was e-conversing with Browne, I was thinking about what a match-up you two would make.

13. LOL!

His avatar gives me hope!

------

14. #34 QiParadoxical, May 6, 2015
    These are not the basic tenets but aspects of justice. While it says God does not desire justice but mercy.

Hence the two tenets would be,
    Love God with all your heart mind and body, love your neighbor as yourself.

Others in similar shape would be,
    Turn the other cheek,
    Exhort brothers,
    Love your enemies,
    etc.. etc..

15. #35 QiParadoxical, May 6, 2015

The intention of Christianity wasn't to bring peace in the world, but rather a sword.
    Therefore Christianity is meant to make war against principalities and powers of decpetions.
    And the case in point of Christianity is actually truth in self, and truth over all.
    Never exalting anyone but God, and never diminishing even enemies...

16. Wait im still interested in this calendar thing *fans the flames*

17. I swear to the false God that I was listening to Black Eyed Peas where is the love when this lyric comes on the second I see this line.
    Maybe I'm wrong and God planned all of this? Lol.

https://soundcloud.com/leex-music/black-eyed-peas-where-is-the-love-leex-remix

That one if anyone's intrested.

18. Believe it or not, these are the reasons i believe in the Divine, because I often run into similar situations as you just did...

19. The intention of Christ or Christianity? Very different beasts.

20. Not so, there is only one Christianity, and that is Christs, the modern Christianity you speak of when you say the latter, is not true Christianity. For Christians are supposed to be unspotted from the world, and to let the world love itself...