Clean Energy Source - Road Turbines

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by Deleted member 839659, May 4, 2015.

1. Getting a hang of MS Paint

Attached Files:

2. If there's heavy traffic, cars will move slower and not generate the wind power necessary to turn the turbines. If traffic is light, a single car may move the turbines a little, but there won't be enough sustained traffic to keep the turbines going.

3. I like the graphic man though I'm not feeling the concept.  As snake mentioned, just not enough sustained feedstock (wind/turbulence) to make it pay.  Wind turbines hate turbulence and that is really all you're getting from cars...short bursts of turbulence that don't radiate far from the road.  Also, people would really really hate it from a visual standpoint.

A field of solar panels would be better though I get that you're trying to figure out a way to capture wasted energy from automobiles.

hahaha "graphic", youre being too nice

yeah i did not think this one through at all. sorry for the spam :p

5. Isn't spam.  It's good to let the ideas flow, you'll learn some things and it helps to work through some shit.

Well I do learn something every time someone explains why my idea wouldn't not work

Nah, not spam! I love reading these ideas. Your pictures are always good too.

8. Check out the lily impeller, tokamaks and LENR e-cat.

Just some interesting concepts to add to your arsenal ;-)

9. Fuck cars.

10. your other idea was better.

You can harvest heat energy and vibration from the road

-yuri

You can harvest energy from vibrations? This is a game changer. Elevated highway pillar vibrating generators anyone?

12. vibrations are a form of kinetic energy

-yuri

Kinetic energy is energy in motion, right?

14. yes.

A vibration is literally a wave through solid matter.

A violin string is a good example for thinking about it. The string vibrates sending out kinetic energy which hits the air molecule creating waves of "sound"

Also you can do an experiment. Put sand on a flat piece of sidewalk. Jump really hard next to the sand and see if you can get the sand to move. You are literally transferring kinetic energy to the sand through vibrations

-yuri

15. Youd be hardpressed to get the sand to jump on a sidewalk. Just go buy an 18" subwoofer for your car and turn the music up way loud and put the sand on a cookie sheet right in front of it. (Much more convenient lol)

16. Especially if you dial in the receiver to the resonant frequency of the vibrations.

17. Wouldn't getting the car up to the elevation use energy in the first place?

18. imagine a car driving on the road. Under the road is dirt.

Now its hard to see because the road is more firm, but if you imagine a car rolling over a rubber road it becomes more apparent.

As the car rolls, downward shockwaves follow the tires in the earth. Like how a wake appears behind a moving boat.

This happens any time you drive. Wasted energy goes into the earth.

Now imagine instead of dirt, you have something else there under the road to absorb that energy that is already wasted.

-yuri

19. Yea got it. That Would that come under piezoelectric generation I assume?

Ha! got one right [​IMG]
    Thnx for the explanation

By the way I solved the magnetic generator concept. Instead of using electromagnetic power simply attach magnets to the blades (or whatever is used to rotate) of the same pole as the magnets attached to the walls of the generator box.

Two magnets with the same poles aimed at each other will repel one another. So the generator will never stagnate. Or did I miss something?

Attached Files: