GoldGrowers 15 strain early flowering experiment

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by GoldGrower, May 4, 2015.

1. #141 atticflowers, Aug 3, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 3, 2015
    Is this top feed system running 24/7 or is it on a timer to run at certain times of the day?
    I ask cuz im doin a top feed now i wanna say its bubbleponics i forget the name. Its a 5gal bucket with an air pump running then i have a water pump running at differnt times to get the nutrients to the top of the net pot an down through the hydroton/roots an back into the same bucket.

2. I have the feed running on for 15 minutes and then off for 30 minutes

What you have sounds like DWC with a top feed added

3. #143 TheAnswer121, Aug 3, 2015
    Loo
    I have my AC vented directly into my tent.

4Inch fan keeps bulb cool with minimal residual heat, just from pulling in ambient room temp air. So my AC is free to focus on the reservoirs. Keeps res temps under 70f

Thermostat set at 74f

4. #144 atticflowers, Aug 3, 2015
    Wen u have the AC on do u wait till the temp goes down in the tents or in the rez, then turn off or run a few hrs an then off

5. #145 TheAnswer121, Aug 4, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2015
    it's my central AC unit, so it cuts on and off accordingly

i recirculate my outtake thru the rest of the house, keeping temps fairly balanced, so my AC doesn't work any harder than it usually would

6. still no flowers and the plants have filled the area again. I started to prune them all down in this photo

[​IMG]

And this is what they're like now

[​IMG]

It pains me that I have to cut all this off so often

[​IMG]

7. Hopefully you get some flowering soon. 15 plants is an incredible number to try and have in a small space. The pruning could be equal to some people's whole grow. It always sucks throwing away good plant material.
    I'm starting my four moms over because they're getting overbearing in roughly a 4x4 area. Granted, they've been growing for 3 months, but it doesn't take long for some to get huge.
    One day things will be different, and we'll be able to grow massive trees wherever we please.

8. what will you be doing with the mothers? Flowering them?

I'll be changing to 13.15/10.45 tomorrow so they have to start flowering soon. I wish I started the experiment with much shorter days now. But hey, I can't change that so no sense dwelling on it.

I now have 60 clones in pots of soil that I will be planting outdoors next week. My plan was to have the earliest flowerer and make lots of clones and put them outside, but the timing is all wrong so I'm just going to put the lot out there and see what happens.

When I finally figure out the earliest flowerer and if it gives out good bud ill try and keep it for next year, but we'll see

9. No, no room to flower them. They'll get disposed of. They're old bagseed. So, I'm not too worried about them. I've just been sustaining them, via clones, until I can run each through a full grow to determine any keepers. I'm only running one plant (well, two clones of one plant) at a time though. The original plants from seed are long gone. The current set of moms are clones from them. Now to be replaced with more clones. Once they get out of hand, I'll do it again...

10. that sounds like a good system man

11. well I'm feeling a bit stupid now. I just found that fools gold has started flowering and I think green poison is too.

I only have two clones of each because they didn't grow that big initially. I could have made a bunch of new clones from all the tops I cut off them earlier, but they have been mashed up and put in the wormery now. I hate it when I make silly little mistakes like this. Still good news though, I have a winner lol. As long as the bud turns out to be good quality, I guess it doesn't matter how early it flowers if the bud is crap

12. a recap of all the strains I have, and their position

[​IMG]

13. It would have been easier if I had the room. I could've flowered the original seedllings after taking clones. Then I would've known sooner who was male and who was a keeper.
    No matter though. This is all like therapy for me anyway. So, I'm in no hurry.

14. no matter what you do, you will always want more room. It comes from trying to max out the efficiency and pushing the limits of what you already have. Even if you have more room, soon enough you will fill it and need more room lol

15. this is what fools gold is looking like. Quite an apt name considering the circumstances lol. It looks a bit too heavy for just pre flowering. Time will tell anyway

[​IMG]

16. today I was supposed to turn the light to 13/11 but half of them are now showing pistils so I have finished this part of the experiment.

The light cycle has now been set to 12/12 and the new experiments are to find the earliest finisher and the best quality bud. Hopefully there is some degree of overlap in the results

As far as the results go for the earliest flowering strains I have here are as follows....

*First place (5) fools gold
    *Second place (6) green poison
    *Third place (11) white critical

When clones were taken, the fastest to root was.....

*First place (8) jack
    *Second place (5) fools gold
    *Third place (4) 707 truthband

This is how they are looking now

[​IMG]

17. Nice man, seems like fools gold is a good strain so far, hope it's a heavy yeilder and good smoke for you.

18. #158 GoldGrower, Aug 12, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2015
    Thanks, me too mate. The picture on attitude's website doesn't look very good lol, but I don't think the photos offer a fair representation anyway.

This next few weeks is going to be fun watching the differences unfold as the bud grows

19. I see you gold ... Look official as always

20. BTW lovin the new avatar that shits smooth!