GoldGrowers 15 strain early flowering experiment

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by GoldGrower, May 4, 2015.

1. My new pump has been delivered so I'm all set to get this thing started. Ill be starting the seeds tonight and filling the plant buckets with clay balls. Shit I hope this idea works 

2. If your worried about your feed lines I would use some small zip ties to clamp to the elbows? I don't think you'll be having them blow off from the pressure of the pump.

It's a good idea. I think ill run the pump and pull at elbows and see how hard it is to pull them off. If they don't require much pressure ill do that , thanks

I have started the seeds, yesterday I think it was. I haven't filled all the buckets with clay balls yet. I had better get on with it soon lol 

4. I'm so glad I got rid of clay balls. Shit was depressing.

What didn't you like about clay balls? 

6. The clean up. Dust, roots engulfing them. The fact I had to clean them after every cycle. Now I can cut down clean and replenish system with 24 plants in about 90 minutes. Not one of those balls in sight.

7. #47 atticflowers, Jun 3, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2015
    i hate em cuz the ones i got arent all round most of em r deformed an very small so they fall into my res lol. How do u clean em (hydroten)?

I put them in to a large container in my bath and rinse them with water and swooshing a soft hair brush through them to collect the fine root hairs. I then drain them and they are ready to be used again

I'm unaware of any dust on clean up day. What do you use instead of clay balls? 

10. I don't use anything anymore. I go from Clone to harvest in a 2inch netpot. I used to go from 2inch to 6inch. But now don't bother.

I have stems on my plants thicker than 2" lol. What do you have in your net pots? Nothing? 

12. Just the neoprene collars that they get cloned with. Yea you've grown some great looking plants. I veg for 10 days.

Thanks man. Do you have a journal on here? I'd like to check out your system

14. The new pump even though it's about double the wattage still only trickles out the water. I was hoping for a 360 spray so it would evenly distribute the water all over the clay balls. I think the bore in the elbows and manifolds are just too small for a decent amount of water to get through.

[​IMG]

I was planning on running the water pump for 15 and just once or twice a day. Then more often as the plants grow and use more water. But with the small trickle of water I don't think it's going to wet all the clay balls. I think I might be better off leaving it on 24/0 

The seedlets are in and the 144x3w reflector LED is hung and switched to veg. Hopefully the plants won't take long to find their way through the hole in the lid 

15. You could try to add some lower watt pumps in as boosters, might be complicated in an already completed system.

Adding 15 pumps sounds a bit drastic lol.
    I might take the elbows and defusers off and see if that helps. I had the elbows because I was thinking the lines might kink.

17. [​IMG]

01. T.h. seeds sage n sour
    02. G13 labs - white widow
    03. Humboldt seeds - ewe-2
    04. Humboldt seeds - 707 truthband
    05. 710 genetics seeds - fools gold
    06. Sweet seeds - green poison
    07. Delicious seeds - critical sensi star
    08. Ch9 seeds - jack
    09. Dna genetics seeds - el fuego
    10. Humboldt seeds - master kush
    11. G13 labs white critical
    12. Emerald triangle seeds - cheesy headband
    13. Delicious seeds - northern lights blue
    14. Delicious seeds - sugar candy
    15. Ch9 seeds - toxic blue 33

18. From the picture it looked like 3 buckets were grouped together and connected to a large tube.

19. #59 bruce786, Jun 4, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2015
    Check out water flow friction due to diameter of the pipe. My systems use 32mm pipe. 22mm you could get away with. What mm is the pipe that the tubing comes off?

Just seen its 4mm gold I think your problem will be the diameter of the pipe will not give -
    1)the pressure your looking for
    2) the flow rate you require for the DO levels.

I built a system once using 13 mm pipe and that was barely usable.

20. I was thinking this, but 4mm is the standard size for irrigation so I figured it must be ok. Maybe I should run the 13mm lines all around the table with more manifolds and then I could have shorter 4mm lines. It would be a big change. But it makes sense. thanks man. This is probably what ill be doing. The 4mm elbows and manifolds have a bore of about 1mm so getting rid of them might make a difference too