GoldGrowers 15 strain early flowering experiment

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by GoldGrower, May 4, 2015.

1. #1 GoldGrower, May 4, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2015
    I'm looking to select a plant to put outdoors this year that starts flowering early. The way I'm planning to find it is by starting 15 seeds and once they are 3 weeks old I'm going to increase the dark period an hour at a time and see which plant shows flowers first.

This one will have clones made for outdoors. All 15 plants will be finished indoors, but the yield is a second priority, it's all about selecting that early flowerer.

Last year I planted out a load of blue cheese that I know only takes 8 weeks of 12/12, but they didn't even start showing pistils until late September

2. #2 GoldGrower, May 4, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2015
    I am currently designing a recirculating top feed hydro system that uses 15x 2.5litre buckets each filled with clay balls set on a table with a reservoir underneath.

I haven't started building this yet but have the design in my head. This grow also serves as a way of testing this new RTF hydro system out before I do an auto breeding project that I have been planning to do for ages.

These are the 15 strains I will be using. They were all free from special deals I had with attitude seeds. I wouldn't have chosen any myself but there's a few good ones in there

*710 genetics seeds - fools gold
    *Ch9 seeds - toxic blue 33
    *Ch9 seeds - jack
    *Delicious seeds - critical sensi star
    *Delicious seeds - northern lights blue
    *Delicious seeds - sugar candy
    *Dna genetics seeds - el fuego
    *Emerald triangle seeds - cheesy headband
    *G13 labs - white widow
    *G13 labs - white critical
    *Humboldt seeds - ewe-2
    *Humboldt seeds - 707 truthband
    *Humboldt seeds - master kush
    *Sweet seeds - green poison
    *T.h. seeds - sage n sour

3. Holly smoke, ahh man i cant wait to see this. Eyes an ears open LOL

4. Glad to have you on-board AF 

5. Hey. Nice. Very smart.

Thanks man, I hope so lol 

7. Excellent experiment GG.. the strains are  an outstanding selection.some i never heard of like usual LOL
    i used to do hydroponics..super fast grow...i seen that  O2GROW aeration system that makes me wanna do it again..but not for the money they want
    soon i will dissect it and see what we can make at radio shack ..[​IMG]

8. This is gonna be sweeeeeet

I love hydro man, I have never heard of an o2grow system, ill have to look that up.

I hope so mate. I still haven't started building the hydro system yet. I been waiting on some parts. I'm going to have to get it started soon though if I want time to get some clones outside this year 

10. super stoked to see how this goes

can't wait to see it in action

11. I'm gonna have to follow this GC. That's one dank of a line up you got set out for. I'm not a fan of hydro but soil I love but I'm interested in your experiment. Plenty of top strains I will enjoy to review.

12. not a fan of the hydro[​IMG]

it may not be your medium of choice but you can't deny it's awesomeness [​IMG]

13. And indeed if one is looking for yield then hydro can make that happen. I have seen plenty of suceess rates with different hydro systems. I wanted my own to use up space more wisely instead soil medium. I have more experience in soil then hydro.

14. I'm about 2 weeks behind schedule but I have finally cut the table down to size and got it in the tent.

The table top sits 2' tall, which is a bit higher than I had hoped, but with the 145 litre (38 US gallon) reservoir underneath there wasn't much I could do about that.

[​IMG]

15. The system will have these 2.5 litre buckets all linked up with 13mm iceline hose and should freely drain back to the reservoir via 40mm drain pipe.

[​IMG]

16. Inside each bucket will be another bucket, this one with holes drilled in the bottom and filled with clay balls. These should freely drain in to the drain buckets.

Each bucket will be fed by a 4mm feed line with a spray nozzle on the end.

The iceline tubing is the standard black rubber tubing but with a white heat reflective coating

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. That's freaking awesome homies. Haha. I want to start a Drip System but gonna start small with one DWC Bubbler Bucket. Can't wait to see it up and running

Thanks man, I hope it will be. This design is completely new to me,so I might have a few teething problems at first.

DWC is a great place to start, I have a DWC in my other tent, it's so simple, you just can't go wrong. Yields are always good because of this 

19. So far White Russian and iced grapefruit are two strains that have caught me by surprise in how fast they flower, not auto flower, just flower.

8 weeks for IG

At 4 weeks with WR we have a fat beast.

I wonder how white widow compares?
    ~ poke

20. #20 GoldGrower, May 19, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2015

Is that outdoor poke? My blue cheese is fully ripe at 8 weeks, I love how fast it flowers, but it's the latest flowering plant I have ever tried growing outside. Totally useless for outdoors. The nirvana's white widow that I put outdoors the year before last flowered pretty early, I should have included a white widow in this, I guess I still could.

I have never tried white russian or iced grapefruit, they're both on my to do list though

Edit,

I just realised I have already included a white widow, haha. It's been a long day 

• Like Like x 1