1 Month into First Coco Grow: N Deficiency or Nute Burn?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by iPrefermyEYESlo, May 4, 2015.

1. #1 iPrefermyEYESlo, May 4, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2015
    Hey all, this is my first grow so any input is much appreciated.

Here are the necessary details:

-2'x4' Reflective Mylar Tent
    -6" exhaust fan 240 cfm
    -2 Marshydro old model 300w LED lights (on 20/4 light cycle)
    -Coco Coir Medium
    -Temperatures between 70-90 F, Humidity from 28-43%
    -Water always ph between 5.7-6.0
    -3 strains: Bubblegummer (Pictures 2 and 3) Mystery Bag Seed (Pictures 4 and 5)and Lemon Kush (6 and 7)

Early on, I had a really bad pH meter, but since getting a new one 2 weeks ago everything is in balance.

All of the seeds were germinated in Solo cups, then trasferred to approximately 4 gallon planters 2-3 weeks ago. I didn't feed any of them until after transplanting, using CNS17 Grow (approx. 450 ppm strength), I know I fed them too soon but did not realize this until after it was too late, I flushed them all with plain 5.8 pH water about 2 days later, hoping this would stop the spread of browning/yellowing lower leaves and eventually crisp and curl inwards.

I recently got grotek calmag and the last 3 waterings have been nothing but 6.0 ph water and a tiny bit of calmag.

Unfortuntely, they still show problematic signs. Any help would be fantastic for a newbie like me.

Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. What is your run off ph

3. #3 iPrefermyEYESlo, May 4, 2015
    Run off pH measured at 5.8 after transplant adjustment, first flush was at 6.0

4. When your ph was allowed to rise to 6 in Coco you were already on the low end of locking out P, K, Zn, and slipping in nutrient uptake of Ca and Mn ... you were headed for multiple nutrient lock-out.

5. #5 TheAnswer121, May 4, 2015
    temps up to 90F aint helpin either

and how often were you watering, thinking this may have been an issue as well

whatever you decide to do, let em dry out first

Not a dad-gum bit, aye, little buddy ... missed that temp; must be my ADHD acting up again.  [​IMG]

7. I have always .ph to 6 as canna states, I have always ran into problems with coco with calmag mid flower, I don't use ro water, buy some nitrogen feed and hit them with calmag and jump on to nft sorted

8. #8 TheAnswer121, May 4, 2015
    OP how are your temps that high using led's?

a few things not adding up[​IMG]

You tell'em little bud, I'm so, huh, huh, blazed, I can't

10. Well I'm wondering the same thing boys, up until today my temps hit a high of around 86 but we had a hot day today and inside the tent my thermometer read 93. I have 3 small side vents open and both light are about 1.5 feet above the plants. I also have a desk fan inside the tent to help circulation.
    My exaust fan was hooked up to a carbon filter but I took it off today so the fan isn't at all limited. Another fact is that I live on the fifth floor and this is a closet grow, although the closet is about 4x4.
    I realize that I may have screwed up beyond repair with these babies, but I want to make sure I don't make any of the same mistakes on my next try. Thanks for all the quick replies I can't even keep up

11. Sorry forgot to say I am watering about 3 times a week

12. mmman you said at a ph of 6 I am on the edge of lockout or multiple nutrients, I am wondering what you have found to be the best range of ph in coco

13. need to do some more reading about growing in coco

get environment stable before cracking more beans

imo, as important as ph is, was likely the least of your worries

14. #15 TheAnswer121, May 4, 2015
    or just go straight to DWC [​IMG][​IMG]

after you get them temps under control[​IMG]

15. im off for the night brother

have a good one

cheers[​IMG]

16. Sweet dreams.[​IMG]

17. Thanks for the chart mmman this will definitely come in handy. I see the ideal range is 5.5 and 5.8 I was under the impression it was 5.8 to 6.

I am considering getting another exhaust fan but that would mean another carbon filter. I am wondering how others keep heat down in summer the only thing I can think of is an air conditioner even with another exhaust fan I will only be cycling warm air in and out at a faster rate but not decreasing the temperature.

But as I said this is my first shot at this and I knew I would make many mistakes. I believe that when I had my shitty ph meter I created many problems that were then continued by my high heat and possible over watering? I had read that watering coco 2 to 3 times a week was not too much? What would you suggest?

18. Also I know I nuted too early. I added 1 teaspoon of cns17 grow to 2 gallons of water that was split between the 5 plants in week 3. I have since read that nutes shouldn't be added at all until week 5. I am sure that multiplied my problems

19. Here's a general look of how my set up looks. I just moved my exhaust fan down, before it was pulling from the roof of the tent. Thinking of getting a small ac rather than another exhaust fan.

Attached Files: