Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Made cannabutter, making brownies.

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by HandleYours, May 4, 2015.

1. Took trim from one biodiesel plant and small popcorn buds. Over 100 grams total. Blended with water for like 2-3 minutes, cooked on stove for 1 hour 15 minutes w/ butter/ water.

First time ever making an edible, or cannabutter. Got a box of brownies, used a half cup butter instead of oil.

Any advice?

I've tried making fire crackers before but didn't do anything for me... Hopefully this will.

Any thoughts or advice before eating them?

2. Also everything was wet which is why I blended it. Trim/buds from a fresh harvest. Hopefully it will work. I don't want to be blown away high for hours. If it doesn't work I will just try two brownies tomorrow, or judge the amount to eat by how I feel tonight.

3. If you didn't decarb you may be in for disappointment.  The one time I used fresh popcorn buds and trim I cooked it for about 12 hours to decarb it in the crockpot.  Keep us posted.    Why didn't you decarb?  It's an essential step in most recipes. Good luck.

4. I was in a rush after my first grow. I ate one last night and it didn't do anything. Only thing I noticed was I got out of my chair and felt kinda heavy but that was it... Not sure if it was the weed or I just happened to feel that way

5. Did you get high from it? My weed is good, just picked it a little early

6. I just made a batch of cookies with vaped weed. Edibles take a while to kick in. 2 hours sometimes. Best way to process is for several hours in a crock pot. It ensures all the thc and other fat soluable compenents that get you hogh are in the butter. Also boxed brownies suck. Get a home made brownie recipe and do it that way, you will have tastier treats.

7. I got a slight buzz from 3, 1 of them pretty much did nothing. I ate 5-6 before work this morning and I was high until after lunch at least 8-1. It wasn't like I hear everyone talk about though.

It was chill, I liked it... It was similar to smoking but not as intense.

Also I only used 1/2 cup of the butter in one batch of brownies.

What else can I do with the butter that doesn't involve baking or cooking more than 10 minutes? I would butter some bread but I am scared I'll get too high. I work outside and its hot out now. First week of any real heat. Working in the heat high sucks.

8. Go to the health food store and buy gell caps. Fill them with butter and pop them.

9. Id say dont wash the weed until after your butter has formed. You can then rinse the butter multiple times by dumping the water of the first run after it solidifies, adding equal parts water, reheating, and then re-separating. It takes out the taste...