Coco coir growing tips

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by SWIM_obviously, May 3, 2015.

1. Hi all, I am getting ready for my first indoor grow. Previously I have grown outdoors and used FFOF with great success. This run I am planning on 6 auto ak-47 under a 600w mh/hps. I was initially planning on growing with a 1:1 FFOF/perlite mix, but am now looking into a coco perlite mix. They will be in 3 gallon smart pots. 

I know autos need less nutes and all that, and was wondering of ways I could go about this where I control everything going into them, outside of soils that come loaded. 

My main question is about nutrients. I am getting the General Hydroponics Go Box. Will this be enough for running in a coco perlite mix and following the feeding schedule and possibly at half strength. 

I also want to ask the same, but if I were to use a 50/50 mix of peat moss and perlite, same nutes and feeding schedule. 

Basically, will a mixture of only coco-perlite, or peat moss-perlite be enough when having a full line of other nutes to follow. 

I will be rinsing the mixture to start, and pH-ing everything going into the pots as well.

Any tips and advice is much appreciated.

(I initially posted this in the Organics board, but after more thought, thought it would be better suited here) 

2. I use bio buzz with the go box and it works amazing dont start umtill it shows signs of needing nutes yellowing leavs beginning of difeiciency but i start at 1/4 strength and see how they fespond then half dose then full use distilled water with ot phs an near perfect everytime mix well each time and use the optionals every other feeding first i feed water feed with it i love it
    If you can find bx promix awesome and the bio buzz is good as well

3. Coco coir drains pretty well, i use 2:1 coco/perlite so about 30%, and in early veg my pots dry in a few days. Get to flower and I'm watering almost every other day.

Peat moss is good at holding in water, I've never grown cannabis in peat moss but I know it holds water better than coco. So a 1:1 peat/perlite might be a good equalibrium.

Probably coulda said that in less words, but wake n' bake.
    Good luck dude, hope you're more than successful.