strategy help please..

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by Indy5000, May 1, 2015.

1. #1 Indy5000, May 1, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 1, 2015
    Hello all!

To cut long story short:
    Current situation: I have 2 weeks and 2 days old White Lable fem Skunk #1 plant from seed. Nice and healthy.
    Coming situation: On 7th of July I need to go overseas for a week.
    Problem: Will I fit between that time frame so that I have harvested totally mature buds before going away or to veg longer now and to do harvesting after I have returned? Im trying to achieve more body high effect. Quality is more important than quantity. There is enough space to grow up to  70-80cm (aprox 2 foot) tall plant. 

I have vegged now 2 weeks and 2 days and according to shorter scenario I have 67 days left for flowering. Sensi says that Skunk #1 has flowering time 45-50 days. Im not sure can I take that for truth.. Some growers have said that they achieve total maturity with 9 weeks of flowering - thats 63 days. So I was thinking to turn them into 12/12 tomorrow to make sure she will have enough time to get ripe. Plant is now about 10 cm (4 inch) tall. Im keeping her under Hans 80w LED panel which is supported with two 36w CFLs from sides. Soil. Organic. Is two weeks of vegging ok? Vegging sacrificing time for flowering ????? I mean I dont mind low yield but Im afraid that I fuck up whole operation cause so little vegging time?? Senior growers, please help me out here...

Another idea was to apply topping with LST which delays growth and doesnt allow plant to gain hight during longer vegetation period so that harvest time will be after I have returned and can inspect trichomes.

This is my first grow and Im really trying to get some gooooooood bud. 

What say you folks? All suggestions are welcomed already.
    I hope my english is ok.

All the best and may the force be with you !!!

Indy

2. I assume you have someone watering while you would be gone? 

3. I say go long then.

4. Done. Thanks for encouraging, Hot!
    Chopped down main branch. I hope it gives me extra week and better ground for pulling down upcoming branches. 
    Hoped that my first grow will go simply but desteny demands more. 

5. Yes I would also say go the long way, if you go rushing you take a bigger risk. Now you can nicely fill your space in the veg period before switching to flower.