puck vs dabuccino?

Discussion in 'Concentrate Tools' started by goldensoul, May 1, 2015.

1. I want to go all out and get a very nice peice for oil. I want quality and a brand name. I was thinking either the nexus puck or the hitman dabuccino. If i got the puck, i would want the hitmanxnexus collab pick that is a puck but has the hitman hammerhead perc. The dabuccino and the puck collab both go for 700. Ive never hit a hammerhead but i hear they are worth the money. Is it worth it or is a sheldon black traveler worth the same?

2. Get something custom from an artist for $700, you are limiting yourself to basic prodo by saying hitman or sheldon black as your only options

3. So much this^

I would never waste my money on hitman lol

I could link you up with my buddy who does customs, his work has been getting so consistent

4. I just want to go all out and get something i can trust. You guys speak bad about hitman but they have been around and are recognized, same with nexus. Im just afraid of getting something im uncomfortable with, as i feel more comfortable with those big name brands. I know that top brands arent always the best. If you can can link some artist that i should check out i would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

5. I like those brands because you know what specs your getting 100% and where they came from. You know your getting schlott etc...

6. #6 Dr.Fumbles, May 1, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 1, 2015
    Explain how you don't know what you're getting when going with an actual artist. you do know that companies like hitman are made by huge groups of not very skilled artist who just pump out same piece after same piece. While with 700 you could get a piece from an artist who has been blowing glass for 10+years who is extremely skilled, and it won't be a clear basic piece you can actually have some art to smoke out of

7. If you talk with a good artist about a custom you'll know EXACTLY what you're getting.

8. If you must have name brand I would say stay away from Sheldon and Hitman. Honestly I havent been impressed with anything either group puts out. My first rig was a sheldon black concentrator and a month after I got it I snagged a dirty rico\\ATL collab because the Sheldon just wasn't satisfying(great travel rig though). Sheldon is like mid tier glass IMO Hit man is all hype. Their pieces aren't worth the price tag IMO. I would much rather get a Toro if we are in that price range.

Go custom or look into used glass. You can save shit tons going used. In fact just the other week I saw someone trying to sell an Erik Anders recycler(retail over a G) for around $700. But for $700 I would go with something like either of these in slyme(i love slyme)

Attached Files:

9. A big factor is also difficulty of cleaning. Thanks for all the info guys, im just super picky and i like to know every detail. I didn't know a lot and I appreciate the education.

10. #10 Jimmy Carter, May 5, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2015
    oil rigs are easy to clean, doesnt matter what kind it is. except maybe in the case of a DG fritted disc, I've heard of people not being able to get the disc clean.

hot alcohol takes care of claim in seconds, salt makes it even easier if you dont save your alcohol for edibles etc.

11. #11 DabsOnTheMountain, May 6, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2015
    That should never be an issue. Letting it soak overnight in alcohol works every time even when the claim is built up thick. About 9/10 times it'll be clean in 5 minutes of shaking or less.

And if your getting something like a dabuccino or puck rig, there are better options out there. I'd rather hit a minitube over anything cup style. The pucks do look pretty great, but for $700?
    Nah.
    It's a god-damn glass puck.
    It's not worth $700.
    Same with the dabbucino.
    The name doesn't make it worth it.