Ron Paul: Fall Of The Dollar Is Close.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by DivineVictoryX, May 1, 2015.

You can't speak on that point, what Chinese perspectives have you looked at? You are worse than what you perceive Americans to be. smh.

2. #42 fromTheOldCountry, May 9, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2015
    We are talking about from a rational perspective of the duties of government and why people enter into society at all, meaning why they accept government. Not whatever you decide is relevant. Since what I am trying to guide towards is what makes a stable nation, and a stable currency; along with a large and first rate military.

LOL okay. Great come back.

It is true, I don't want to hear some ignorant stuff off the top of your head, read.

The dollar *isn't* based on oil (or any other commodity, like gold), that is the problem with it. Fiat currencies aren't based on anything other than a promise. If it was commodity-based it would be more stable.

Commodity values don't change a whole lot in relation to each other, but the value of "floating" currencies do.

These are only approximate, but close enough:

Forty-five years ago you could buy 10 gallons of gas with an ounce of silver. Six to eight years ago you still could (silver has dropped a lot since then. It would take about 2 ounces today).

A hundred years ago a man could buy a real nice suit with an ounce of gold. Still can.

A thousand years ago you could buy a decent horse with two ounces of gold. Still can.

But the unbacked paper dollar? It has dropped in value somewhere around 95% in the past 100 years.

And that solves anything because no one can buy gold or silver except the country making the currency? Do you see my point there? I could easily just start doing that as China and ruin any economy/currency. 

You missed the point completely.

8. #48 fromTheOldCountry, May 10, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2015

Inflation. But you are not taking into account the printing of money, fuck I will counterfeit Chinese money if it is not a crime in the United States. Anyway, our currency is strong compared to even the EURO and the yuan is trash compared to the dollar. You are out of your mind. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBIWdPl4m0s

How high are you?

You said the dollar was based on oil.

I said that it wasn't, it is a fiat currency, based on nothing, (and has been since Nixon de-linked it from gold in 1971.)

Why are you bringing all these other peripheral issues into the debate, that really have nothing to do with my response to your post?

Is this enough evidence for you to switch sides?

By 1971, the money supply had increased by 10%.<sup>[7]</sup> In May 1971, West Germany left the Bretton Woods system, unwilling to revalue the Deutsche Mark.<sup>[8]</sup> In the following three months, this move strengthened its economy. Simultaneously, the dollar dropped 7.5% against the Deutsche Mark.<sup>[8]</sup> Other nations began to demand redemption of their dollars for gold. Switzerland redeemed $50 million in July.<sup>[8]</sup> France acquired $191 million in gold.<sup>[8]</sup> On August 5, 1971, the United States Congress released a report recommending devaluation of the dollar, in an effort to protect the dollar against "foreign price-gougers".<sup>[8]</sup> On August 9, 1971, as the dollar dropped in value against European currencies, Switzerland left the Bretton Woods system.<sup>[8]</sup> The pressure began to intensify on the United States to leave Bretton Woods.

11. Worried about the fall of an economy?

Better call Saul.

Sent from somewhere in Canada.

12. Ron Paul is a racist.

13. That's not even the half of it.  

14. he also hates gay people

15. Look at who he appointed to run the Ron Paul Curriculum, a home-school system for children.  They are in favor of a Xian government, slavery, and stoning children and adults to death for such "crimes" of blasphemy and disrespect for parents.  It goes without saying that gays wouldn't even get a trial before they were eliminated.   

16. if you think there's any morality in business you should read The Black Book On Brand Companies

Sent from my mahogany fly hands lunch box

17. Petro Dollar BRO!!
    Do your research