Crazy theory on life after death? or possible

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by homestarstoner, Apr 30, 2015.

1. I agree with you man. It's like when you're asleep and you don't dream, except there's no waking up. It's just nothing.

Beer before Grass, you're on your arse.
    Grass before Beer, you're in the clear.

2. surely it cant be nothing forever tho right? most of us should know that things happen from empty space.

in absense of a consciousness, time does not exist. a billion years pass can pass in a millasecond. so you wouldnt feel any time go by until you evolve to have a conciousness.

think about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. consider this.

Would you keep your memories?

Don't your experiences make you who you are?

If you lose your memories, that wouldn't ne any different than eternal death. Is your own personal.soul a thing?

-yuri

4. #24 homestarstoner, May 4, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2015
    your memories are attached to your brain so no. you die you forget the ego attached to your mammal brain

after death of the ego (sense of self) through psychedelics i still observe outside of my senses and reality. theres no physical part of me, but i have a strong knowing i am observing outside of 3dimensional space (space and time)

this leads me to believe we may have a energy body in the fourth dimensional plane that continues to observe space. call me stupid ha this is just what ive experienced. for all i know it could just be the psychedelics. wierd that they all do the same thing tho right

experience may not directly lead to truth but it is powerful and may help us gain insight into that which we cannoy comprehend with normal states

5. are you saying life is akin to a movie?

-yuri

6. #26 homestarstoner, May 4, 2015
    yeah like an ongoing dream. i think outside the mammal brain and ego and in the fourth dimensional reality, the universe (source of all) is observing itself.

7. #27 homestarstoner, May 4, 2015
    a

8. Exactly. Its hypothesized. That means we need further testing to demonstrate as to whether it's true or not. 

9. i think you get reincarnated same soul different being anywhere in the entire universe

Sent from my intergalactic spaceship hotbox

10. #30 beenstoned, May 4, 2015
    Last edited: May 4, 2015
    Completely unrestricted by time? Meaning I could have already been an animal in the year 3000?

So would you believe that there is one "soul" that has lived every life that is, has ever been, or ever will be?
    I am you
    You am I
    I am I

Not necessarily my belief. Just a thought. Not claiming originality either btw.

Also nice sig..

11. #31 enjoyandlive, May 4, 2015
    Yep. any time. i think theres a chance you can live in the 2000s and 0.00000000001% chance respawn on earth again as anything in 1800s or year 3039. That number is so incredibly small proportionate to the amount of other planets with life I believe exist out there

I don't think there is a soul thats lived every life. I think theres just so much life out there. but, yeah unrestricted by time anything is possible. But when you're born itd have to be that you have no memory of the past life, I mean i can't remember anything until i was like 2-3 years old. so they arent gonna necessarily get bored of each life as it's the only life they know. keeping survival and the urge to live a necessity still so they arent just like welp ima jump off this cliff and roll the dice again maybe i won't be this puny beetle I am now

and thank you :D

12. #32 beenstoned, May 4, 2015
    Last edited: May 4, 2015
    for sure we would have new memories every life because memory is attatched to the nervous system of the body.

Maybe there are only two "souls" that have lived every life. One evil one good?

I think that is much less likely than one "soul force" that resides in all life everywhere.

Edit: Do you include plant life into reincarnated life?

13. I think two souls experiencing all life, is just simply twice as unlikely. for example Rolling a 4 on a dice, 1/6 chance. doing it twice though, thats a 8.33% chance or 1/12.

Yes. I include plants as an organism. Damn it'd be shitty if i came back on another planet as something similar to a plant on earth. Because on other planets who knows theres probably some crazy creatures, maybe there arent any elements, maybe everything is 2-D. we have no clue. we can only make guesses based on what weve been exposed to here on our "normal" planet.

14. I think there are two possibilities.
    A. Every being if life is a reincarnation of 1 single "soul"

B. There are no souls except that which our brain creates for us as a symbol.

Either there is 1 universal "soul" or no soul.

15. #35 CarlSaganRaptor, May 6, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2015
    I think B seems more likely. Language allows for so much...... I recently read a book called Relational Frame Theory that dwelled into some of this stuff. So these are not my original thoughts, but I think a lot of what they attempt to conceptualize in the book holds water and there is growing evidence to support this process of relational framing existing in some form. I suggest you all check it out. Based on that theory, here is how I would approach it.

The word "soul" cannot be operationally defined, yet we speak of it as a part of us, much like our heart or lungs.

I have a heart. I have a soul.

Ask anyone how to define their soul and you will get a variety of answers, none which are right or wrong. Ask the same people how to define a human heart and you will get, at the least, similar operational definitions. None of this is possible without language.

The reality of it is, we don't know what awaits us when we die. That's kinda part of the deal (not that any of us agreed to exist), we are just fortunate that we can ponder such curiosities. I can say with a fair amount of consequences that my buddy's goldfish has never questioned where he goes when he dies. I would go as far to say there is no other animal on this planet that is capable of such thought, or any thought that isn't the direct result of a conditioned stimulus. Thought, as we experience it, is the result of language and subsequently, derived relationships.

16. I had an experience once and in a way I was aware of my unconsciousness. It was the only seizure I ever had. I remember seeing the blackest dark I ever saw and thinking I was in a gutter in a bad neighborhood and I just wanted to sleep 'til the light came' (the exact words in my head) Suddenly another voice in my head spoke to me. It said I had to wake up because I was a part of this world. It said it over n over and I didn't want to 'wake up'. I hit my arm on something and it was the pain that brought me back. It was a terrifying experience that has haunted me throughout the years since it happened. The voice was only in my head but it seemed beyond me. I was aware I needed to wake up even tho I wasn't aware I had fell down and was flailing all over the floor. Our minds know everything, whether it clues you in or not is a diff question.

17. #37 GanjaGuzzler, May 17, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2015
  18. The amount of pseudoscience presented in this thread really shows me how religious narratives came about. 

19. #39 homestarstoner, May 28, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2015
    honestly dude? whats wrong with open minded thinking? nobody is stating anything as factual here. we are just spreading our ideas and thoughts of the unknown. if you have no other input besides bashing the thread as pseudoscience, u had no reason to even join in on the discussion.

20. #40 Oni~, May 28, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2015
    I actually disagreed with several of the hypotheses presented here but agreed with this post. 

So fkn what if people want to "what if" themselves on a forum like that.  It's not the creme de la creme of the scientific community writing new age sci-fi dogma, and even if it were, how many of the most brilliant discoveries started with a "what if".  Let people speculate.