Parallel Universe

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by Deleted member 281310, Apr 30, 2015.

1. If you believe in parallel universes, as in other worlds, other lives that we cant normally access with our senses then you can apply any outcome into this reality and truly make your fate. this is evidence to the theory of free will. When every decision you make is matched with a counterpart that you are not experiencing but merely imagining. This moment when you make a decision makes your experience. The door to free will is the extinction of time

2. Heh, I like this, however...

Universe is a poor semantic for existence. Existence is a more broader term of what is commonly deemed relevant, all of life. And the parallel existence's is as watching a ( become a O become a ( become a O, in a linear fashion. In other words, existence and time combined is linear, yet circular at the same time. Rather shouldn't say that, best description is that time and existence is cyclical. If you can perceive, that you've had this discussion before in the far past, you can see that you will have this discussion in the future. By simply acknowledging that the former and future you, have imagined the former and future you as well. There is a chain of changes in existential encumberance. For better or worse, the manifestation of paradox can actually break time and existence, causing an over fluctuation of confusion and pain for all living at this point, even pushing back to the far past to cause this to happen. I've had dreams of the fabric of reality and actuality being torn apart, and each dream was me standing by the common man staring into a formulation of a sort of revered but wicked group of stars that were going to dictate the happenings of existence. Each time, the moon was dark red, an eeirie feeling of calm falls on the world, fear and accpetance of fate was spreading like wildfire, all each person outside could do was hold their loved ones.

In other words, my conclusion would be, laws are meant for a purpose, no matter how much power we think we may need, sometime's it's best to allow ourselves to be limited rather than infinite. In the occurance that anyone may achieve their infinite potential, the world would be doomed.

3. Parallel universe theory proposes everything that could possibly happen does in another universe. Thats crazily inefficient to me. You would hafta take every instance of every planet and galaxy since the beginning of time. Given life's complexity, how perfect conditions must be to make everything run just so and the complexity of DNA - there would be a number of places life never even formed. It simply makes no sense. If there are other universes its not a copy of our own.

The theory of infinite number of universes proposes that any possibility that can be is, in another parallel universe.

This isn't some magic place, just a universe like ours floating in some hypothetical space along side our universe. The grand idea is that the laws of nature are all random, and each universe has its own laws. This contradicts the standard model that most scientists believe in.

5. You are absolutely right in terms of inefficiency, as we understand it.   
    Consider what "data storage" level we are talking about here.   "Anything" that could in any way shape or form create universes would more than likely have a data storage capacity our minds can't even properly comprehend.   
    Our universe might be on someone's flash drive.

6. I think it's an interesting topic, but doesn't seem to make sense in my mind based off logistics (as others have stated). Honestly, it's beyond my understanding...which certainly doesn't make it false. Basically, I don't know lol. Certainly cool to think about, though.

The whole infinite parallel universe is always fun to think about.. but if you actually apply it, just falls on it's face imo. If it was true, it really wouldn't matter cause yeah, there'd be a parallel universe for any and all possibilities.. but that just means that any possibility you can think of, there is one to cancel it out.. leaving you with just this universe as what matters like always.

8. If you havent seen Cloud Atlas, it will blow your mind in half.

here's the trailer.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWnAqFyaQ5s

9. Maybe all the Universes are connected, after all they have to share some knowledge base in order to duplicate itself into altered realities.

I love this movie, i watched it when it first came out i think it's time for a rewatch.

Why would they need to duplicate themselves when their duplicate already exist in yet another parallel universe? That's the thing about infinite parallel universes.. not only would there be an infinite amount of parallel universes for any and all possibilities, but there'd also be an infinite amount of parallel universes that are actually 100% the same.. cause after all, it's a possibility that there is a parallel universe where there isn't a single difference.. even on the quantum level.

11. That's where i was getting at with my original post. Since an infinite amount of universes exist and let's say there are x identical ones to what we call our universe. Knowing that any decision you claim is already made for you in another place and time. You can now choose what you want in this world. It almost sounds like an anxiety driven concept of mine because i'm the type of person to always be thinking about different scenarios, different outcomes and it produces a lot of worry and also a lot of dreaming. But by adopting this concept i can lay to rest possibilities and focus on decisions in this universe. Some law of attraction would help in my efforts for peace of mind and prosperity.

12. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fPYyoY49Bc

Nah, I get you. Like I said, it's fun to think about and I think about it a lot.. I just can't not keep one foot grounded in reality. I'm more of a single infinite universe kind of person.. and you can still have fun with the infinite possibilities within a single infinite universe without having another parallel universe canceling out another parallel universe. If our universe is physically infinite.. you can still have fun with the infinite possibilities and without woo surrounding parallel universes. I just don't let myself forget that as much as it is that something is.. it's equally as possible that it isn't.

Plus, with an overthinking brain.. I don't like the idea that my thoughts are coming from some outside force/influence. To me, your free will is here and now.

14. I find it amusing just how many people  "didn't get"  Cloud Atlas.        A lot absolutely HATED the movie.

Great flick.   You can take all the acting, direction, special effects, script away and it would still be a great flick just for the "out there" thinking it represents. 

15. or maybe there is no containment.

-yuri

16. Could very well be true.

17. the issue I see, is if you accept the possibility of infinity, you eliminate the possibility of boundaries

-yuri

18. I don't see the two as mutually exclusive, mainly dependant on how solid the definition of "boundary" is.   

A  boundary can exist without being the infinite boundary.      You can reach a coast, for example, but you know there is more world beyond that.   More cosmically speaking,  there is a definite boundary set on how far we can travel right now and what we can explore in detail, but at the same time we are aware that there is far more out there.

19. #19 Deleted member 281310, May 7, 2015
    Last edited: May 8, 2015
    but there are no boundaries

20. How can the big bang be possible if our universe is not constantly expanding?  the issue you see needs more elaboration, this is kinda like if you accept the fact that 2 + 2 is 4, you eliminate the possibility its actually 5 and we've been taught wrong all our lives