Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Help with weed taste after cure

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Lukeyx, Apr 28, 2015.

1. #1 Lukeyx, Apr 28, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2015
    Alright guy's got an oz of weed 3weeks ago, It was quite "damp" didn't want to grind up at all dried, It out until the Stalks would snap,

Stuck it into my curing jar's opening up for 15-20mins a daily, 

Being smoking some other weed as my daily as this stuff is curing still,

Anyways i ran out of other weed and went to test out my Skunk 1, And it tastes like shit well it tastes like nothing really, Before i stuck it into my jars the drag's were like fire and got you high within 2-3 rips's 

Now it's just like the worse street tasting crap weed, I did a full vape test of my skunk it failed to even get me buzzed before i placed the nugs into jars i would of been lying in bed monged for an hour or so,

I don't know what the fuck has happned to my bud, I will admit I rarely get my weed damp but this time my dealer didn't have time to dry the bud before i got it, The weed was not that damp tbh it was just a tad damp when breaking the nug up it still smoked very good once i hand picked it instead of grinding.

Anyone have any ideas what's going on, I've being smoking weed for 5 years + and always used the same curing methods and had excellent results  

The bud is not too dry right now it's nice and dense and has a good springy feeling to it and packed with thc checked for mold and not a sgin of it i don't understand this. I just wana get high but this shit makes me feel like i've not smoked a thing ... 

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      45.3 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      63.5 KB
      Views:
    • 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      File size:
      109.7 KB
      Views:
  2. the high should still be there that so called fire effect u felt was the extra moisture making the hit a lot more moist..but if u got the bud's and they were trimmed nice and all but damp mean's the person that grew it harvested it didnt dry it right or fucked with the bud too earlie before it dried and when u do that u mess with smell and taste big time..

3. #3 Lukeyx, Apr 28, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 29, 2015

Yeah i guess but I've dried the weed correct it tasted great powerful drag's were pulling nicely, But sometime after a week or 2 something changed in the taste and quality of the bud's smell during the cure stage,

I don't have any problems usually when it comes to curing, My weed has lost it's smell before and it smelled like Hay or wet grass, But after 2-3weeks it always comes back with a crazy pungent smell better then before, With the 15-20min bump method,

This is the first time the weed has failed to get me stoned, As i said before i started curing the weed i would be crazy high and just feel blazed, I really can't understand what's going on the Weed is packed with THC still dense and not damp at all.

Just no high what soever from it now... I know the weed was good prior to starting the cure what the fuck did i do wrong ??

Was my Temps to high or something when i was burping the jar's I know it's been quite a lot hotter then usual in the uk for this time of the year but my room never felt over hot, and i always store my jar's in a cool dark dry draw with no direct sunlight to the jar.

4. So what do you reckon my bud is fucked ??

Would be a shame for this stuff to be a bad one tasted so good for the first week couldn't wish for a better tasting and high was mint...

5. #5 Lukeyx, Apr 29, 2015
    Yeah i guess but I've dried the weed correct it tasted great powerful drag's were pulling nicely, But sometime after a week or 2 something changed in the taste and quality of the bud's smell during the cure stage,
    \nI don't have any problems usually when it comes to curing, My weed has lost it's smell before and it smelled like Hay or wet grass, But after 2-3weeks it always comes back with a crazy pungent smell better then before, With the 15-20min burp method,
    \nThis is the first time the weed has failed to get me stoned, As i said before i started curing the weed i would be crazy high and just feel blazed, I really can't understand what's going on the Weed is packed with THC still dense and not damp at all.
    \nJust no high what soever from it now... I know the weed was good prior to starting the cure what the fuck did i do wrong ??
    \nWas my Temps to high or something when i was burping the jar's I know it's been quite a lot hotter then usual in the uk for this time of the year but my room never felt over hot, and i always store my jar's in a cool dark dry draw with no direct sunlight to the jar.
    \nI guess I'll give it another 1-2 weeks in the jars and if it doesn't return to the weed it once was I'll make some edibles from it or something would be a shame tho was really looking forward to smoking some old school cured Skunk 1.

6. #6 Dr.Fumbles, Apr 29, 2015
    Dude, don't smoke that. You have to dry weed that is that wet before you cure, just sticking it in a jar when its that wet it will mold. Pic #2 is clear mold, throw away the rest of that weed for your own safety. Temp and humidity when you burp it plays a huge factor

7. #7 Lukeyx, Apr 29, 2015

lol were is the mold i don't even see any when i use a magnifying glass, And the weed was not Wet it was slightly damp and the Stalks would just bend, I then dried it in brown bag, And started to cure in my jar's

If you're talking about the white on the bottom that's a sticker on the jar with the bar code to scan it lol 

Also thanks for the advice but I'm not saying i put the weed into Jars straight from it being damp, I made quite sure that the bud was dried well before i added them to my stash jar's and that the stalks would snap.

I think you should of left it outside the jar for a fewmore days, and was the bag you used open?

If its still moist then it still needs to dry outside of the jar before you start curing it any more.
    like the previous poster said, its just not finished drying.

9. Yea i see it now. The sticker had me confused. Well other than that idk what happened.

10. #10 Lukeyx, Apr 29, 2015

Hey bud, No the bag was not open it was closed with around 2-3 small ish holes in the bag, I left the weed for 2 days, It was nice an crispy and worked well in the grinder, Not to crisp tho it still has a tad of moisture to allow the cure to work it's magic,

Anyways day's 1-2-3 the bud was prime still smoked nice smelled sweet, around a week later after opening the jar's for 15-20mins daily, I ran out of my stash so i moved a bud over smoked it noting happened to me no high no taste just shit.

Anyways i find it hard to explain the smell i have right now It's not mold as I've delt with that before, And it's not the usual fresh grass Hay smell,

I must of messed up at some point but i do the same methods with most of my dank and it's always sweet as F,

Well damn.. ha.

I'm dumb-struck, I can only think of one logical circumstance and it might be way off..

Do you think since the bud was dry at first, but it wasnt fully dry therefore it gained moisture,
    and the moisture it gained then depleted the THC inside the buds causing a lack-of/absence of THC?

If you still can't get high off of it today, personally I would try cooking it into butter as a last resort to activate the THC.

12. This may be the case I am no expert though. You may have gotten a strain with extremely low thc levels bu very high in CBD levels. Thc (I may be wrong) is the part that gets you that super stoned level. CBD does not do that but has all the medical traits such as pain relief, depression, anxiety, etc.

13. #14 Lukeyx, Apr 29, 2015

I don't know the thc is ment to be quite high it's barneys farm LSD skunk 1, I know the dude in person who grows it and his using their seeds for sure , His weed has rarely ever let me down,

From my pic's the weed seams to have a decent amount of thc on it to be honest, And my Keif catcher get's rammed with crystals when i grind it.

Barneys Farm - Skunk 1 LSD.
    An old Skunk variety crossed with Mazar, called LSD by the Farm crew because of its powerful trippy efect. Developed from ancient genetics long established in the Farm seed bank. Crossing Skunk #1 with a potent Mazar we have created a very powerful Indica strain. 
    \n[SIZE=12.8000001907349px]THC: 24 %[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=12.8000001907349px]CBD: 1.3 %[/SIZE]

Attached Files:

• 5.jpg
      5.jpg
      File size:
      395.1 KB
      Views:
    • 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      File size:
      109.7 KB
      Views:
    • 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      45.3 KB
      Views:
  14. That is still a high CBD rating. CBD will counter the psychoiatrich high that thc gives. So this very well could be a possibility and maybe he just got a more pure genetic of LSD or the plant decided to produce more CBD than THC. I believe the skywalker strain is very high in CBN which is what makes you sleepy. Had skywalker at work the first time and coffee wasn't even helping lol.

15. This can honestly be the only thing I can think of since It isn't a hermi or has been pollinated.

16. Yup It's a weird one I just hope the taste and high come's back with more time curing, I'll give it a month and cross my fingers,

Thanks for the information, It may just be that the weed is High in CBD when grown or something,

But How would it get me really really high when i first got it from my dealer like i was smoking it and i would need a sleep and the drags would be quite nice and it smelled so powerful like my whole room was smelling of skunk just from moving into my bag,

But now it smells like nothing and the drags and poor and little to no effect on me from it :(