New to the Grasscity From NY

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by YungKen, Apr 28, 2015.

1. What's going on whoever's reading this (Lol), my name's Ken and I'm an athlete from the East Coast. I was introduce to smoking in the Summer of 2014 and when I first got high, I thought everybody hittin this shit was crazy! I used to ask all the time like, "Why do this? How do ya operate like this?" You know the classic, first time smoking questions and shit. And as I smoked more and got my tolerance up, this is probably the greatest thing to happen to me. I'm not even joking. I've played ball high in actual organized games during my high school season and I played well, maintained my sanity throughout the process of trying to get a job without job experience and it helps me put up with my parents bullshit. Weed is the new connect and once I learn how to roll, I'll be all set. ONLY PROBLEM IS, my parents don't fuck with the smoking shit though, so I always carry eyedrops, and smoke outside so that I can't get in any trouble. Hit me up though, I'd love for everyone to drop me some knowledge or whatever, love to chat with Grasscity and see how chill ya'll are.  

2. Aiyup brotherman! [​IMG] Wise shout on keeping the smokes out your folks place, seen as they don't approve.

Don't be fooled though... We're all batshit crazy in here.

Enjoy. 

3. Welcome to GC!     [​IMG]

Skip rolling, get a nice little glass pipe! Paper smoke is not healthy. And when you get busted by your parents, ask mom "If there was something simple I could do that would greatly lower my risk of brain damage in an accident, would you want me to do it?".  Then show her this article from Scientific American.

From “How MEDlCAL MARlJUANA'S Chemicals May Protect Cells” (Scientific American- Vol 312, Issue 2- Jan 2015)   “trauma surgeon David Plurad and his colleagues did a retrospective review of 446 traumatic brain injury (TBI) cases treated at Harbor-UCLA Medical Center from January 2010 through December 2012. Their study, reported in the journal American Surgeon, found that 82 of those patients tested positive for THC and two of them died, for a mortality rate of 2.4 percent. The mortality rate among the 364 patients who did not have THC in their system was 11.5 percent, nearly five times higher. After taking into account other factors, such as age, severity of injury and blood alcohol level, the researchers concluded that the link between THC and a lower death rate in these patients stood up.”

In fact, if you would like a HUGE collection of medical studies and articles, I'll send my "Granny Storm Crow's List" to you.  the format looks like this -

Fighting Cancer: Another Study Reveals the Cannabis and Cancer Link    (news – 2013)
    http://www.wakingtimes.com/2012/10/05/fighting-cancer-another-study-reveals-the-cannabis-and-cancer-link/

Anandamide inhibits breast tumor-induced angiogenesis.        (full – 2014)
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4140423/

Down-regulation of cyclooxygenase-2 (COX-2) by cannabidiolic acid in human breast cancer cells          (full – 2014)         https://www.jstage.jst.go.jp/article/jts/39/5/39_711/_pdf

Cannabinoids as therapeutic agents in cancer: current status and future implications.
    (link to PDF- 2014)
    http://www.impactjournals.com/oncotarget/index.php?journal=oncotarget&page=article&op=view&path[]=2233

Targeting multiple cannabinoid antitumor pathways with a resorcinol derivative leads to inhibition of advanced stages of breast cancer.                 (abst – 2014)
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24910342

Targeting CB2-GPR55 Receptor Heteromers Modulates Cancer Cell Signaling
    (abst – 2014)    
    http://www.jbc.org/content/early/2014/07/02/jbc.M114.561761.abstract?sid=58027e04-8d1d-47c5-b6d3-49611e578de4

UEA research reveals how cannabis compound could slow tumour growth
    (news – 2014)            http://www.alphagalileo.org/ViewItem.aspx?ItemId=143664&CultureCode=en

(I like to use links from the "Cancer-Breast" section as my example since 1 in every 8 women will get breast cancer during their lives- that includes your Mom, too!)

The problem most parents have is that they have been fooled by the government's lies about cannabis! Show them this quote from Dr Sanjay Gupta, “We have been terribly and systematically misled for nearly 70 years in the United States, and I apologize for my own role in that.”  Dr Gupta was against even medical legalization at first, but had the guts to actually look into the facts!

So what does he say now? “We should legalize medical marijuana. We should do it nationally. And, we should do it now.”  (“Dr. Sanjay Gupta: It's time for a medical marijuana revolution”- CNN-  April 16, 2015) Get them to watch the rebroadcast of his CNN specials on YouTube!

(Sorry, had a few puffs and I get "wordy"! [​IMG] ) Welcome to GC! And I hope that both you and DaPacem review the rules that very few blades bother to read! DaPacem, specifically this-

The following is not allowed to be posted within our community:
    j. Discussion of other drugs including pharmaceuticals, supplements and ‘legal' herbs used as intoxicants. Note: Cannabis, caffeine, alcohol and tobacco can be freely discussed.

(Just trying to keep you from getting a reprimand from a mod, hon! [​IMG] )

Granny

4. Hey!!!

Welcome to Grasscity!

Have fun!!

[​IMG]

5. Hey wasup tokers! I'm new as well to this site. I started smoking last summer (2014) and I can say it was the right decision. I used to believe the same nonsense that most people believe about weed until I started questioning it and thinking for myself instead of just going along with what I was told my whole life. I started doing my own research and spoke to my friends who already smoked and I decided that it was time to give it a try myself. The first time I smoked was with my friends out of an apple [​IMG] . The first two hits I took didn't affect me that much, but I was also kinda anxious because I had just smoked for the first time. Later that same night, we smoked again and I got hilariously high, it turned out to be a great night. Just a couple days ago though, I got caught because my car smelled and my parent found my stash... rookie mistake [​IMG]. Anyway, I keep try to argue with my mom that weed isn't what she thinks and what she grew up being taught. She keeps trying to tell me that its a gateway drug but we all know that it isn't, it can't even be proven, it's basically a myth. Alcohol is more of a gateway drug. Also I told her that the "addiction" she thinks happens is all mentally and that it depends on the person who is smoking. I know this is rather long, but I'm looking for some facts or maybe links to sites that could help me in my argument standing up for MJ. Thanks! [​IMG]  

6. I dont even...so im deleting it whatever