China Glass

Discussion in 'Concentrate Tools' started by DabsOnTheMountain, Apr 28, 2015.

1. I would say the lower quality glass alone is a 25% minimum reduction in quality. But that shouldn't affect functionality. Thanks for linking those for me. Sadly that Toro knock off is to big. 9 inches compared to a Toro double macro at around 6 inches. That 3 extra inches of space would completely change the hit. But that is a nice price.

2. #62 DabsOnTheMountain, May 17, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
    I don't know, the lower quality glass is a huge deal if you break pieces a lot, but then if you break pieces a lot cheaper pieces are better. It depends how careful you are, you're stuck in the middle if you're a glass breaker. Either spend a lot and break it after 2-3 falls, or spend a little and break it after 1-2 falls, with 0 fucks given.

And odds are the sizing is wrong anyway, they could be 6" or 10." The listings are rarely right with that seller. My recycler was from her, the add said it was 10", it was 7" when it showed up. But you never know what size that toro copy really is. If you're into double macs it's worth a shot...  [​IMG]
    Worse case scenario, you have a funky piece to give to a buddy for free. 

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  3. It was like $30-$40. I guess fumbles is kind of right... This was bound to happen.
    But that might be the funniest "dino" I've ever seen. I don't think any american glassblowers will have anything to worry about. Ever. Nothing will ever compare quality-wise, there will always be that low quality "china" look and feel.

4. Lol thanks for linking that! This is gonna be a great gag gift

5. If you find a piece you like, go for it. The way I see it, just be careful with your glass.

6. it looks better then the 29.99 fab egg at least

7. #70 DabsOnTheMountain, Oct 6, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2015
    Lmfao, with a salamander banging a lizard in the meantime, and then the camelfish and salalizard met up and banged too, then this shit popped out.
    There's better versions now, I've changed my opinions since this thread was created a little, I'm not into china glass at all really or the idea behind it, but there are much better versions from different sellers.
    Like i said just above, I'm not really into the idea anymore. I expected prices to drop and do it quick, but nothing changed at all. I still believe almost everyone needs a couple cheap rigs or bongs laying around for when friends come over. If they break something I'd rather laugh about it and drop a big rock on whatever remains of the glass than flip out because I just lost $8,000. My most expensive piece was still cheap as hell compared to some glass, but my friends still don't respect glass at all, so since I'm not in the mood to lose money or something sentimental, I'll always have a $30 piece around.

And I don't want to be that guy who says they can't even pick it up off the table, I've been to seshes like that and it's a buzzkiller. So I'm not even gonna bring it over, i'll have the cheap glass though. It's screwed up to say they can't even touch it or move it from the table. I show friends my pickups once, let it get passed around once, and it never shows again unless they're at my place. Maybe that's even more screwed up than not letting them pick it up off the table, but it's safer in my house in a case than on their table 3 feet from a dogs wagging tail.

8. hate it when my shit pops out. means the rest of my day is gonna be fucked [​IMG]

9. I wanted a huge jm flow recycler with a grid and a sprinkler perc. After looking at head shops and all over online, I finally found one on dhgate that was exactly what I wanted. $106.xx shipped to my door. No complaints here. Shit I saved over 400 bucks. It's not light. Heavy thing made it from China to halfway across the usa packed in a way that I assumed it was broke before I opened it. Came perfect.

I have plenty of expensive pieces and thousands in glass. But look around at China stuff before you spend hundreds for something that places claim to be American made.

10. honestly I get both spectrums of the sides people are arguing about. But for one thing. Local glass and even any hand made heady piece or with designs is like 1000$ The guy who was bashing people who buy from china saying "if you cant afford a 18 inch bond with two perc and a ice pinch, just go buy a bubbler and be happy with it" Dude really go stuff your opinion. Glass is expensive to blow itself. I have not found a nice mini beaker for less that 300$ so people who can afford a nice glass piece thats probly gonna break. go ahead and do that. lol And not every glass piece is made in a sweat shop. Its just competition. They have more materials available to them. And don't act like we are the problem with our trades being sent over seas. You can blame corporate america for sending all of our jobs over seas and paying these people in wages they are happy with. Besides that I have seen heady or thicker glass. Its expensive as hell. I personally would rather own cheap pieces i can replace than a 3000-5000 mother ship egg. I bought a 25 inch blue glass Science beaker 5mm think at least with three tree arms!. For 160. I can drop globs on that shit like no ones business. Was it made in china? thats for the shop owner to know and you to find out lol but My rig still hits like no ones business. Just like it should be anyway. Not everyone plans to own a expensive artist piece. And if they do thats cool just don't break it

• Like Like x 2
  11. My 15$(50% off) beaker has been my daily for 3+ years. I'm going to guess it China glass.

• Like Like x 1
  12. That's it right there. So many people are buying $300 glass from a LHS that's actually just $30 china glass. You see it almost every day here. New threads get posted all the time with pics. Did I get ripped off? Is this worth $200? Is this a fake Roor? etc. Before I buy anything at a LHS tha isn't locally blown I look for it on DHGate. I almost always find it.

And while I've never had one break, who cares if they do break a bit easier? 10x $30 bongs are going to last longer than 1 $300 bong, which is also going to break.

13. Holy moly just read through this whole thread, not really trying to call people out but if you aren't doing extremely well financially like some have stated ITT and you are blowing $1000s on glass you need to get your priorities straight. If you are going to pull the whole "don't support the commie chinese sweatshops" routine then I really hope you do not own any chinese products or products sourced with chinese parts because that is called being a hypocrite and makes you sound retarded.

I've been smoking a long time and spent a crap ton of wasted money on nice glass when I was young, it all ends up broken eventually, though the prices weren't as crazy as what they're pushing on you guys these days it still totaled well into the thousands, the last american piece I bought was a chong bong and after 3 years of use, when i dropped some keys on it and busted a hole through it I decided fuck spending a bunch on glass. have been using a cheap chinese bong for about 4 years now, it's fallen over multiple times and not broke. Now I'm older, make good money, decided it's time to get a glass collection going again, about to order like 3-5 pieces off dhgates, until someone proves their glass is poisonous it's a great deal if you aren't a snob or a fanboy.

Thats the end of my oldtimer rant git gud kiddos.

(edited out cus words I forget if thats allowed on this forum)

• Like Like x 2
  14. To everyone saying "it all breaks in the end anyways" please stick to your china glass. Only pieces I have ever broke were because the cops made me(minus one cheap bong I knocked over at a party once) but point is I have glass thats 10+years old. Glass isn't like electronics that has planned obsolesces built into the design. If you take care of it, it will last.

15. China glass..........

It's made in China...........

And is made of glass..........

That you smoke out of..........

For very low dollars...........

• Like Like x 1
  16. I don't think there's any good glass coming out of China. Even if you find a cool looking piece, have fun waiting months on shipping and finally getting a piece that inevitably functions improperly. Made by the labor and tears of a young Chinese child.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

17. No but real talk, everything in this world comes down to personal preference. For me, glass is my passion, or hobby. I enjoy brilliant designs and magnificently perfect functions hand crafted by the best artists in the game. I enjoy following their work and owning their work when given the opportunity. Some people spend lots of money on fishing poles or guns, me, I like my glass, so I am willing to pay top dollar for it simple as that. It all comes down to what something is worth to you

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1