China Glass

Discussion in 'Concentrate Tools' started by DabsOnTheMountain, Apr 28, 2015.

1. #21 DabsOnTheMountain, Apr 30, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2015
    Look at the perc. One is an inverted showerhead basically on the WOL, one is the flower of life sort of circ perc wrapped around the return tube. The WOL perc dosn't even touch the return tube. And look at the size of the holes in the perc, that things gonna be a chug machine. I like chug on some pieces though. Idk. I'm passing on the WOL incycler. If they ever get a decent incycler I'll get it. I'm not even into eggs or pillars or anything else on there. Steven has a straight fab coming out soon I'm gonna be all over if it turns out good. It has a huge inner column, so it has a real tiny air volume inside, the flavor should be off the chain as long as he has one of those big-5 hole-circs hes been using lately into it.

It's not a daily driver, it's just for travel like you said, and clumsy people.
    And I'd rather not lug around a case, If you have a $30 piece you can throw it on the floor of your car if you really want and watch it slide back and forth, no fucks given. That's the point.

2. The torus clone I got is the exact same one on stevens website currently so it should function the same as his unless he releases another one...even though there are a quite a few other vendors there who I'm sure will get the same piece. Will not be as great as a real one but no one in china is going to come near the craftsmanship of MS. I do however see some nicer looking pieces coming out of China . Saw an actual gridded stemline on kathy0578s page.

But you get what you pay for and I like your point on being clumsy because that is how all my glass breaks :laughing:

3. #23 DabsOnTheMountain, Apr 30, 2015
    Heres his current version that's actually his design:
    https://youtu.be/NmY5GMKYu2Q
    Of course it's based off the torus 100% but it took 3 versions for him to get a good working one. It's pretty sweet looking though, and it functions well, no matter who you are you can't deny it. It needs lots of work still though. A bigger recycling chamber to hold all that water for starters. They need to put in a less chuggy perc too. Those 5 holes probably make it friggin shake. This is the one i mentioned before.

It's a little deformed now that i look closely... lol.

In the process of making his incycler work he bought a bunch of unlabeled incyclers from the same factory another seller, wingsofliberty got theirs. That's the one you bought.
    This one:
    https://youtu.be/jsi9oBwAA-Y

And also, just for fun, heres his mothership mini copy. FC got him to make it with imported american quartz.
    https://youtu.be/bcfeP1_hUc8
    Comes with caps.
    They're trying to copy mothership everything as a big FU i think... there's better stuff to copy.

4. Damn that first one is nice . I saw the minis on there and didn't hear about him importing glass and making his own nails since everything on dhgate look the same from diff sellers. The only thing is that his holes just don't function like the slits on the real thing. No glass blowers in China have perfected complicated percs. I saw a clone peyote pillar no where near the real thing. But for 60$ shit who knows it could be worth a try. But the piece from the first vid you posted is closer than the one I got.

5. #25 DabsOnTheMountain, Apr 30, 2015
    He just bought the nails premade. He had to get 500 minimum, so he almost didn't, but then they talked him into making honeybuckets too. So he was able find a use for the entire 500 and got them. And yeah, I hate all the chinese percs and they should just give it up. If they're not gonna put in any effort than stick to simple shit. It's funny because a showerhead would be easier to make than those 5 pokes anyway, and function better.
    The "peyote pillar" isn't supposed to be near the same thing at all, not everything on there is a clone. Even I've submitted designs. It has a matrix copy beneath the pillars instead of the peyote button. 
    The mini-pillar is an exact copy of sovs though, lol, only instead of 4 holes it's 4 slits, and the mouthpiece is reinforced too with a female joint.

6. I didn't like his peyote with the matrix but the mini looks a lot cleaner. Also his sidecar matrix bubbler seems to function better than most of the Chinese versions u see out there with the tire percs that don't have near the amount of diffusion. His stereo matrix isn't bad either.

7. I say get the adapter because with my experience of china glass, depending on the type of nail you have, if lots of heat transfers to the part that is touching the glass, that shit will break. At a local dispensary they just put out a 100% brand new unused china rig. After heating the nail the part of the glass touching the nail just cracked and broke from the heat transfer.

True the adapter cost the same as the rig but if the rig breaks on your first hit why not just light $30 on fire?

8. I have a friend who blows glass and he uses a china glass bong.

Hes not just a casual blower, his wife has been blowing for 20 years
    and hes been doing it for 8+ years. They make their entire income
    off of their glass.

They also buy cheap china glassrods to make pipes
    because thats how they can sell their products cheap and still eat.

IMO glass art is a hobby, like painting,or sculpting. Most people cant expect
    to turn a profit for their glass, they should do it as a hobby sell it for a price
    to move so they can recuperate some of their loses then continue to blow for fun.

Just like some artist, painters, sculptors, glass blowers, they can make a living
    out of it and their product is sold to the upper class or to anyone willing to fork
    out any money.

I personally have vases, prints, glass art, ect that I bought pretty cheap because
    I liked it and I could afford. On rare occasions I buy something local that I just have
    to have, and in that case I'm willing to support local. Though if I need a glass
    piece to smoke out of I'm going with cheap china glass for bongs, and I'll pay a 
    little extra for a local blown pipe because they usually run $50 or less.

Buy what you can afford, I fucking love china glass! I also love heady glass but I
    know I cant afford it. I have bills to pay,come on now.

9. wgaf. thats not my decision. good luck changing China's labor laws. Just buy it

10. I placed an order with Steven :p showed some friends his designs and they asked if I could use my dhgate account and get some work. I might order multiples and end up keeping a couple .

11. oh god dont start hustling DHGate crap like a fuckboy....

lol

• Like Like x 1
  12. #32 sleepingblade, May 2, 2015
    Last edited: May 2, 2015
    China glass Today is very cheap and brittle. But make no mistake, this will change.

I'm in the knife hobby, and have some high end knives. There is a flood of knock offs and cheap Chinese knives for sure, but lately there have been high quality knives being made, ALSO, many American companies are outsourcing factories to china, or have been already.
    China's economy is booming and they're aiming to get a foot in any market possible.
    It's a matter of time before they simply buy the same quality materials, copy engineer, and use cheap labor to sell the same bong cheaper.

Btw, most my pocket knives are Idaho made, or Taiwan (they make high quality stuff compared to mainland china).

13. tell ya what, I love them japanese people

[​IMG]

14. Naw man I wouldn't rip no one off, especially family. I let them have receipts and see pricing before placing orders. They just are younger (22 and 21) and don't have a lot of cash to get nicer pieces.

I'm currently trying to get in contact with a US blower from distilledglass. Goes by the name of mike and his work is all based out of the U.S. But he has insane cheap recyclers that he will do custom work to for very good price.

15. #35 DabsOnTheMountain, May 3, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 3, 2015
    That's what they're doing already. Did you look at the links?

And guys, this shit isn't that cheaply made. I'm telling you. You won't believe me until you try one, that's the problem. My friend just nudged the recycler off the coffee table, it landed directly on the mouthpiece. It bounced... I dropped a surge protector on it this morning too...
    Maybe it's chinese glass, and the welds aren't invisible, but it's tough.
    Just don't drop it. 
    Isn't that the rule with glass anyway?

You guys won't know until you try it. Other forums are raving about the CCG fab egg saying it has the same pull as the real deal, but with less diffusion so they like it more. Crazy, huh? 

I mentioned him before. He's great, cyclers for under $200. His eggs are looking good too... He has auctions all the time, usually with a buy it now option. I'm gonna wait awhile, if nothing i like comes up I'll send an email.

16. Still, I'd like to support American companies as much as I can.

17. You won't beat dabs on the mountain on this point. He is only out to argue. No matter what logical point you make he won't listen.

These are the facts, cheap china pieces are not made the same, it isn't the same glass, they don't anneal(i don't think you know what this means) the glass, welds aren't on point(low skill and the non annealed makes weak). But he will just keep saying noooo noooo china glass is awesome, i dropped it from the top of my house onto concrete and it bounced like 10 feet high off the floor without breakinh

18. All American glass companies must be automatically high quality.

19. I would rather pay an extra $50 for non china but I do own a fair amount.

Got this 10'' piece which currently collects dust, getting donated to a friend in a few weeks.
    View attachment 135183
    Have 2 more of the same piece, one 6'' and a 4''(estimating)

Got a china zong, and a weird bent neck piece, both 6''-8''

And even though its Canadian made the glass is from china, one of my babies
    Hoss glass, 12'' bubbler, removable showerhead perc.
    View attachment 140303 <div> 

View attachment 140304  

</div>

20. #40 DabsOnTheMountain, May 4, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2015
    It is well priced and it functions though.

And, with it's bubbly .001mm thick welds and glass made from the freshest chinese dirt, made with the least skilled teenagers hong kong had to offer, my china glass has survived falls over and over.
    It hasn't broken yet. It will eventually. But every piece of glass will. I know that, and so should you. I didn't spend to much though, so when it does break I won't care. And then if I wasn't the one who broke it no one would owe me then too.

So other than supporting Americans and difference in build quality what do you have that would really make me really never want to own a single piece of chinese glass ever?
    And no shit supporting Americans is important but those charging anything >$800 for anything ever can fuck themselves with a cactus.
    And build quality is important when it comes to shape and funtion, that's understood too. So you buy pieces with reviews from reliable sellers from sites where you have same security as the buyer. Same thing goes for poor quality glass. If it's gonna break it's either gonna happen during shipping or when you drop it. So buy through a site with buyer protection and through reliable sellers. And then once you actually get it, don't drop it.

I don't know why you see having a single cheap piece as such a bad thing.
    I have to know, are you really hating on owning a single piece of chinese glass , even just for the reasons I've mentioned? Or chinese glass as a whole, or those with 10+ chinese pieces, or what? You havn't been clear here.