Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Check up on Skunk/initial questions?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by tjtempo88, Apr 28, 2015.

1. I have just joined this forum after being recommended by a friend. I have recently been informed of the benefits of Medical M and wanted to try it out for myself.

I have an initial question that has been bugging me the last couple of days...Just wanted to check with anyone that might know. I had heard that Skunk and its derivatives (Cheese?) were a more potent and somewhat more risky type of Marijuana to take (either ingest, vape or smoke). I have been receiving mixed information from people after being recommended to try ingesting cannabis for medical anxiety and depression. Many people have suggested cannabis to be highly beneficial but warned against the Skunk variety which is apparently supposed to cause these things more than cure them. Anyone have any information on this? 

On a complete side note, and being a complete beginner at all this, I would also like to ask the ultra noobish question of whether cannabis can indeed be used with a vaporizer and how one goes about this? I realize there are other posts on vaporizing here on the forums, but the ones i've quickly glanced at don't seem to start at the level of ultra beginner. Finally, if vaping is not an option, then medically, is it preferable to ingest or to smoke?

Many thanks in advance for your help. 

2. #2 Pogmoney, Apr 28, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2015
    If you are actually in a medical state then you will have various options on what you can pick up.

Skunk (skunk#1) as far as I know is an indica that has been around for a looong time. I am sure it is quite potent, but know for a fact one strain isnt more "risky" to smoke than any other.

All strains come with different effects so its really up to you to research the different types (indica, sativa, hybrids) and see what sounds best for you.

As far as the vaporizer goes, yes you absolutely can vaporize marijuana. There are various models in all shapes and sizes. The process is simple, you load marijuana into the vape, set it to temp and voila.

The most preferable method for medical purposes is ingestion, but in the end its all about what works for you and what you like the most. GL

3. #3 TheWizardVillage, Apr 28, 2015
    If you ingest marijuana it takes longer to effect you (45minutes- 1.5 hours) but from personal experiences it lasts longer (3-10 hours) than when smoking or vaping (can hit you within minutes usually never last longer than a few hours).
    **Remember the high and length of time also depends on quality and strain of the bud)

You can buy marijuana vaporizers.
    I would invest in a good $100-300 vape with lots of good reviews (but only after you've committed to becoming a user).

Since your just beginning I would just smoke with a bong, it keeps the smoke smooth and will hit you pretty fast.

I wouldn't spend any more than $20-30 glass bong or water pipe since your a beginner.
    You might not enjoy getting high at all and if that's the case you dont want to be out too much money.

4. #4 TheWizardVillage, Apr 28, 2015
    Asfar as skunk goes and other strains, you can read reviews all you want online but you need to personally try different strains and determine which high is best for you.

Once you find a strain that you like , from a dispensary, you can go back every time and medicate yourself with that preferred strain.
    The reason I noted finding a strain from a dispensary is because you expect to get consistency. This is hard to achieve from a dealer unless he is the original source or he knows where its coming from and can confirm its the same strain as before.

5. Find the right dispensary.