Curling twisting leaves?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Pandamoanius, Apr 28, 2015.

1. Really? Because the exact opposite is recommended by others in multiple threads.

2. #42 TheAnswer121, May 2, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2015
    meh

if you don't like having total control over your grow. i prefer it because i know exactly, at any given time, what my plant is doing and whether or not something needs to be altered

3. Well, what I do like is to let nature live naturally. Salty man made nutes probably goes against that. Also i keep reading about hydro growers going soil based when they want their bud to taste better and be less harsh. Figured id skip right to the less harsh flavorful buds.

4. #44 TheAnswer121, May 2, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2015
    [​IMG]isn't that what's in your soil

if you we're 100% organic i'd agree with you but you essentially use the same thing i do

just because your not using bottled nutes (which is likely an issue contributing to your terrible growth as well) there shit in your soil as well[​IMG]

5. I think i previously stated i dont use any man made nutes, and that it is all organic.
    Yaaa i did.

6. just cause the bag of soil you bought says "organic" don't make it ORGANIC[​IMG]

7. #47 Pandamoanius, May 2, 2015
    Last edited: May 2, 2015
    Really because isnt that what the name implies. Lol i mean how can they call an apple an orange. That dosnt make any sense.

8. i'll leave you to it[​IMG]

better luck next time

9. Once again though, you are also not being helpful. Making snide remarks and being condescending isnt helpful in the least.

10. Also im having descent enough luck this go around. I only asked what could cause my issues? Did i break the rules posting here? Is there anyone here with just answers? Anyone thats willing to help minus having an anti-social personality?

11. Pandamoanius,

I read over the whole thread and after weeding out the drama from others here is my advice. First question what soil are you using?  Also at this point in the game(seems you are into flowering a good ways) knowing the soil PH would be really good to know. I believe you said you are NOT adding any nutes and that the soil is some sort of organic soil. Is this correct? The thing you need to understand is that even though it's organic you still have to feed the sexy girl something. Your pictures look like she is SCREAMING for food. The red/purple stems is most likely a lack of phosphorous same for some of the leaf damage.(tho it could be the phenotype of the plant) I also see some brown spotting which is common on a Calcium deficiency. One unknown problem could be Ph related. Once you get much below a PH of 6 you will start to run into what is call nutrient "lock out" this is where regardless of how much nutrients you feed her she is NOT able to take them into her system. 

12. Ffof is my soil. I have been using molasses and ewc occasionally. Can you explain the correct way for me to check my soil ph? I will check it at lights on and report back. As i am 8 weeks into flow and 4 and a half weeks after her first buds showed up what do you think she needs to be fed? Btw thank you for being the first person to be helpful at all.

13. BINGO...problem found(maybe). Fox Farms has/had a HUGE problem with very bad batches of Ocean Forest soil. Users were making reports of some of it having a PH of 5.2 straight out of the bag. THIS IS VERY BAD! My own bag was 5.4 and I had to add a large amount of lime to it to get the PH right. You will need a PH meter to test the run off from the pot to check the PH. Soil PH should be 6.5. We need to know the PH of the water going into the pot first. What I do is water the plant enough to were you get a couple drops of run off. Let it set for 15 minutes and then pour in more water to were you get enough run off to catch in a cup and take it's PH. Doing some basic math we can find the PH of your soil. I would bet money your PH is very very low.

14. Out of the tap my water is at 6.8-7.1 then i let it sit out for usually 4-7 days depending on when i need it i let it sit out for 2 days at least.

15. See i was leaning towards it being low as well but i just figured if it comes out at 6.8-7.1 it should be high and low enough.

16. #56 Pandamoanius, May 2, 2015
    Last edited: May 2, 2015
    Idk though i will definitely do as you suggest and test my run off during lights on and then let you know what the two readings are.

17. First question asked "Have you ever checked the run-off ph of that plant." 5 days and no response. Good answer would have been, "how do I do that?" Geez, what we have to go through.

18. Maybe i have a busy schedule? Getting upset when you dont get what you want right away is also immature. Once i had a chance to look I did and when i did i noticed a large amount of immature things being said by you and another individual. You then replied to me with the before mentioned curt/rude attitude you had with said other individual. My question is how can a "noob" begin to learn when at times all I have to work with in my times of need are immature brats who cry left and right?

19. cannabis grows itself

busy schedule doesn't matter. as long as you provide the right environment a plant will thrive

if the plant gets fucked up indoors, it's because the grower did something

some words of encouragement

get a stable medium, proper supplies, do some more research and you will do better next time

Well said.