Curling twisting leaves?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Pandamoanius, Apr 28, 2015.

1. Idk how else to describe it.

Attached Files:

2. Different leaf problem diagnosis pleasse.

Attached Files:

3. Have you ever checked the run-off ph of that plant.

4. i agree lower the pH.
    what causes the red stems?

I believe ph to be too low now. Excess salts drive the ph low. Lots of folks simply pour on the nutes, way too much or this wouldn't happen. A bit of research goes a long way. Here's a good guide to study. Observe below:

http://www.mandalaseeds.com/Guides/Fertilizing-Smart-Guide

6. #6 smokeymcdoodles, Apr 29, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 29, 2015
    another person telling me I dont know im talking about
    you could use ph 4 nutrients and if ur watering 3 times a week the ph will be too high

Did I read somewhere where you said you've grown one crop? And, had difficulty?

8. #8 smokeymcdoodles, Apr 29, 2015
    serious? Ive never grown doja

ill make a bet Mr codger if this guys pH is too low ill read more and never ever ever post again till my state makes it legal

9. Nah, you don't need to do that, and why get your drawers in a tight knot? Dude's not answering anyway. But, since you seem to want to be belligerent, let me ask you this? If I ask a dude if he's check run-off ph? Why would you also reply and say, "I agree, lower the ph? What's your rational?

10. #10 smokeymcdoodles, Apr 29, 2015
    i just said wrote my rationale Mr codger. You can straight piss in your pots and if you are watering without tempering your water its going to be 7 in the soil. Assuming this guy is adding nutes every water the salts cant keep the water and soil at a low pH forever it dives low then returns nuetral.  You are saying the plants roots start shedding hydrogen ions into the soil?  Thats what i fuckin need a plant that keeps it pH low for me

11. #11 mmman, Apr 29, 2015
    Your rational makes no sense by wrongfully drawing implications. But if you suppose you've found such proof that one can continually dump salts into a growing medium the ph dives, then turns neutral, how can you demonstrate, not by merely alleged evidence, but by nothing less than concrete and exegetically derived irrefutable proof that your proposition is true? I find your tactic of fallacy all too typical of those who know the inherent weakness of their argument because you can't muster the intellectual wherewithal to pursue mature thought processes and prove your point.

12. So let me dumb this down a bit.

Youre saying that all i have to do is add base to my water and dump it in the pot and everything will clear up?

You're playing semantics to escape the inevitable, adroitly avoiding ALL of my crucial questions. Ignorance of the issues is most revealing in your response.

14. Well im not using nutes. Indoor/Soil grow. Not sure about runoff but out of the tap its 6.8-7.1 then i let it sit out for long periods of time.(4-7 days)

15. Well, friend, you're off the chart in alkalinity and your crop has been hijacked. Failure to monitor ph run-off has cost you in herb. I hope your next grow is better. Good evening.

16. idk if its ph related. Its the only one of four with these symptoms if it were ph related why would it only show on her?

17. #17 Pandamoanius, May 2, 2015
    Last edited: May 2, 2015
    Btw if you would leave your abruptly curt attitude out of your reply, that'd be great mmmmkay.

18. Here's the proper way to state what you stated without the rudeness."Well friend, it sounds like your ph is too high. Wish you luck on your future endeavors."

Exactly why it's difficult to help when folks like you won't fill out the form, and give diminutive information. Then we have to spend our time trying to extract information to help, it seems to be an endless cycle with noobs that don't appreciate our time and help. Just the attitude I was attempting to convey to somkeymcdoodles. Have a great day.

Here's the proper way to ask for help.

We need all the info on your grow including:

What type of medium; soil or hydro?
    What brand and type of soil?
    Indoors or outdoors?
    What strain?
    How old are the plants?
    What type of lights and how many watts?
    How far from the lights?
    What is your watering frequency and source of water?
    What, how much and when was it fed? NPK?
    What is the medium/runoff pH and PPM if in hydro?
    What are the temps and humidity in the room?
    What size pots?
    Any bugs? Look real close.
    Any other pertinent info?

If any of these questions have already been answered please disregard as I cut and paste this for everyone.

If there is leaf discoloration please TAKE PICTURES WITH ALL GROW LIGHTS OFF, ESPECIALLY HPS & LED's. Taking pictures and taking them with lights off, allows us to see what the leaf discoloration looks like.