Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How to stop negative thoughts while high?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Cheeto Jones, Apr 27, 2015.

1. hi

How do you stop the negative thoughts about the world and about your life while high?  Thinking about death on the news and disease and terrorism and scary stuff, or thinking about things in your life that make you super paranoid.

hlpe!

2. Stop being scared of death and look for a savior. (Jesus Christ.)

Watch a happy movie, read good books, watch YouTube videos, eat food, walk around your house in circles (Only if you really start having a panic attack.) sing, talk to someone on Facebook, Listen to happy music, sleep..

3. its all making me think of scary and bad memories of people when I see or talk to other people.  Music scares me because I think "how did this person become this rich, for singing a song?  Doctors and scientists and curing diseases... these people are just singing songs and playing in make believe movies like children playing.

4. I feel you bro. I think it's just something that comes with the territory. When high all of your thoughts are intensified so it's just the fact that you're thinking way too deep about everything.
    Chill out and eat some food man, everything is going to be alright.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

5. thank u ur awesome you are the nicest person on grass city you helped me so much right here

6. Always glad to help a fellow blade!

7. Sometimes if i get REAL highill start thinking about if the earth got hit byan asteroid or comet. Because lets face it the government would keep that hushed up until the very end. And think about why alk the sudden interest in sending people to mars??? Conspiracy? ???? 😮 lol but theni jump on xbox and forget what i was tripping about haha

• Like Like x 1
  8. Okay well if you can't handle it then stop smoking weed..

• Like Like x 1
  9. I think you get too anxious when you smoke. Take some deep breathes, get a stress ball and squeeze the day out of it. Thinking positive isn't hard. The world isn't good or bad. There is no pattern to it. Some people are evil, some are genuine. It's just the way the world works. It's cliche af, but you've got to focus on the positives and forget the negatives.

As far as getting paranoid over aspects of your life, you've just got to make the best of every situation (seriously, may seem easier said than done but it's not). Making the best of every situation has helped me threw years of shitty situations. It helped me through all my middle school puberty problems, all my legal troubles in high school. Even if theres nothing positive about a situation, just look at your problem and say "well fuck" and laugh at it. Sometimes you just need a little laughter.

10. Go on a nature walk next time you smoke. Get away from the media. The media corrupts us.

11. Stop focusing on the negative. That's basically the only answer you're going to get just worded differently. It ain't easy being cheesy.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkQydoiDY28

12. Some people, myself included, believe the anxiety and paranoia aspects come from weed turning a mirror on yourself by bringing up thoughts and worries that you aren't dealing with. In the short term you can tell yourself that you're okay, you're on your couch, watching TV, reading a book, etc. Basically whatever it is you are currently doing. Like, "Right now I'm okay, I'm safe in my room reading a book. XXXX (whatever your getting anxiety about) isn't happening right now/I am not a part of/can't effect me right now". And just keep telling yourself that a couple of times and it will likely go away. But when sober you need to deal with those feelings and figure out what's going on.If you have no anxiety in your life, you have no anxiety when you're high.

13. Sometimes I get so fucking caught up in how shitty the world seems

Then I retreat back to my world.

14. i feel u homie sometimes it's hard to figure out how to deal with the shyt that makes you anxious.

15. Lay there and look at the ceiling and repeat: EVERYTHING IS GREAT. EVERYTHING IS BEAUTIFUL.

Do that every day, all day for three weeks, then get back to me and tell me how it worked.

16. #16 The real spliff shady, Apr 28, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2015
    lol this is my ceiling ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1430199405.242019.jpg it's like god is giving me the finger.
    Just noticed a bug on my ceiling too.

17. :)

Attached Files:

18. #18 CarlSaganRaptor, Apr 28, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2015
    Hey man, I feel for ya. Negative thoughts are a slippery slope when baked. Truth be told, you can't make a conscience effort to stop negative thoughts because it's futile. If you tell yourself not to think negative thoughts, you're just going to end up think about negative thoughts (purple elephant anyone?) lol.

A simple way is to occupy yourself with a preferred activity (play guitar, video games, a new movie, play sports etc) while/after smoking. Living in the moment is the best way to leave your potential worries behind.

If you prefer a more reflective/introspective high....

Do what you can to make your environment inviting (chill music, good ambiance, clean room) and let your mind wonder. Picture each one of your thoughts as a leaf on a river, acknowledge each thought as exactly what it is; a mere thought. Try not to hold onto one "leaf" too long before sending it down the river and picking up a new "leaf". Haha I'm pretty stoned as I write this!

Let me know if you want to know some more about this stuff, I can direct you to some cool literature.

Good luck man!

19. If getting hi made me feel like that, I wouldn't get high.

20. Someone once told me that thoughts and feelings are not real in the sense that they don't exist anywhere but in your mind. For me that was like a moment where I realized that I, myself, could be my own worst enemy because I let negative thoughts and fear control how I behaved which lead to more negative thoughts and sadness. In general thinking about positive things, learning new things, keeping active physically and mentally were key to me not dwelling on nonsense. Pick up a hobby, follow some interests that you would usually put off and you'll see that you start looking at the world a little differently. The weed is what made me realize I had those underlying issues and that I needed to deal with it but it's a one day at a time kind of thing that has worked best for me.