Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

switching from flower to wax questions

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by JonGanj, Apr 26, 2015.

1. After going through my stash that I smoke maybe once a month, I was thinking of switching to wax. Why I Wana switch is because I hear it doesn't smell, and is easier to hide (Smell, size, convince to smoke out of a vape near my house)

Also, if I where to switch, I was planning on melting some chocolate, and adding a little dab, making a medicated chocolate bar. Idk how well it will work, but if it did I could eat it I my room, without having to leave.

The big problem is that I have an EXTREMELY low tolerance, getting baked off my ass from small crumbs. I'm assuming that if I don't add a lot, it won't be a problem, but honestly I have no clue.

Any thoughts on this idea?

2. Sounds like your moving up fast from flower to wax. I've been smoking for 8 years and I dont touch dabs. I've smoked hash on lucky occasions but I hear wax is some strong ass stuff. If I were you I'd keep it simple and just smoke in small amounts if thats been working for you. If you vap wax you'll be blitzed off your ass! But thats just my thought process, do what is ever best for you! Also I find that eating weed tends to be more of a couch lock high and more for medicinal purposes, smoking is more fun and energetic, unless you smoke some good indica 

given all that you just said, the only reason I would switch to wax would be convenience and efficiency. Easier to make edibles with IMO and with a vape pen and a window, you can basically disperse of any smell; don't kid yourself into thinking wax won't smell though. Start cooking it or heating it up to dab it and you'll smell it for sure [​IMG]

4. I wish I could stay with just weed, the inconvenience is making me wana switch.
    But what is the difference between hash, wax, and honey oil. Haha I thought they were the same thing, just a different name (and state. Liquid, solid).
    Thanks for the reply

Hash has plant matter in it, meaning it's not really good at all to dab. Same with kief, it has gland heads, meaning it'll leave some stuff on your nail. Wax in my opinion is bho in general. I think it's kind of stupid to call it wax because a big part in extractions is removing the wax's and lipids in the bho, that's call winterization. Honey oil is just a consistency. I like to think of it all in just shatter, oil, budder, and crumble. Shatter's hard, oil's like honey-consistency, budder is of course butter consistency, and crumble is obviously crumbly.

6. #6 TheWizardVillage, Apr 26, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2015

The last post pretty much summed up the difference. I gotcha, well good luck dabbing it up! I get high enough taking a few tokes of greenery to ever wanna switch to dabs.

Just get some dabs and smoke it in your vape pin! Thats probably ur best route, I dont know enough about dabs to give you any tips on cooking with it. If you wanna smoke inside and not get caught, take a few hits of the vape pin while you take a shower, the smell should disperse by the time you finish.