Favorite RPG (rpg, jrpg, mmorpg etc.)

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by PunkSamurai, Apr 25, 2015.

1. Fallout 3, Diablo 2, Pokemon gold

Lol because those are the only 3 I've ever fully played. I have the attention span of an FPS player

[​IMG]

Try FF6 if you can get back into the swing of SNES era.

3. In their prime, Runescape and WoW were epic. They were also my first MMORPGs so the excitement was crazy. Guild Wars 2 is one my current favorites. I love the fast paced combat system.

4. 4 accounts and 17 level 90 toons when i stopped. i sold the three best accounts for 760$ and stopped playing cold turkey. it was an incredible run. i was lucky enough to raid every tier successfully since the game started up until i quit. i tried to restart one time and it just wasn't the same. not even with all of the shitty eye candy. the game itself is just so fucking clunky. with all of the different bullshit that there is to do now. it is so far from what drew me to the game originally that it isn't any fun anymore. it is time to bury WoW and let it rest for eternity.

WoW earned its rest with some of the most epic adventures i had ever been on. but in the end, i want something new. something i haven't played yet. i want to fall in love with it again like i did WoW. i think i am going to go console though. at least give it a try anyway. i got to say that everything that at one time drew me to PC gaming seems to be where console gaming is at currently. crazy huh?

I truly wish I still had Vesperia because when I was using my 360 alot that was my one of my favorites games to play. I always loved the anime cutscenes for Tales but this was my favorite one for Vesperia [​IMG]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02zu5dmDn4s

6. Gotta be Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion. Skyrim is better but the nostalgia oblivion gives me is just :3
    and high? oh lord those games are good.

Great scene, really captured Estelle's beauty if you ask me and I have to agree I've always enjoyed the anime cutscenes especially now with Ufotable handling them now for the video games [​IMG]

8. First off, let's not kid ourselves, Chrono Trigger was the greatest RPG ever created.

Secondly, there are so many great series (These are all God Tier for me)
    - Final Fantasy (VIII, VI, X, and Tactics are big standouts for me)
    - Breath of Fire (I and II were amazing)
    - Lunar (particularly Lunar: The Silver Star Story)
    - Secret of Mana

9. I always thought Production I.G did a good job for the Tales series but was nice to see Ufotable take over with the newer games.

10. if you say so :lol:

-yuri

I never minded I.G doing it either, it's just cool to see other people step in and try things out [​IMG]

I'll tell ya tho this scene from Xilla 2 really got to me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUjUcpHly1o

12. i agree with the nostalgia, i like the artwork and graphics much more. Imo oblivion still tops skyrim.
    Wish certain game companies would back track and add new dlc for the people who loved the earlier series

:smoking:

13. #53 Viral Frog, May 6, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2015
    It really depends on the style. Some of my top favorites are Baldur's Gate 1&2, Icewind Dale, Diablo 2 and expansion, Torchlight 2, Final Fantasy VII and VIII, and Guild Wars 2.