HUGE grow up dilemma... Pros, I need your help

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by YellowBlue, Apr 25, 2015.

1. Thanks for the detailed advice, I will definitely check that out, sounds like what I have been looking for.

Hey man, ever since cannabis saved me from the brink of death I've dedicated the rest of my life to the pursuit of educating others.

The government has no right to regulate your body.

And hahaha, what's up with the cows dudes?

I'm happy to assist in any way I can. Cannabis has great medical properties, whether you consider yourself very ill or a little I do believe one should at least try it out. Everyone deserves some happiness, but not everyone can achieve it the natural way.

I'm a so called "mobility service driver". Basically an extension of public transit. If you're unable to use bus/train a doctor will sign you up for a program where you get to call a special number set up by the county, then they'll send us the fare and we'll drive the person to wherever they want within the county.
    Most of our fares are people who are old, sick, physically or mentally disabled. Also anyone who has been treated at a hospital/clinic and deemed unable to get home on their own get to ride with us.

On my job I hear all kinds of stories of accidents, diseases, death, struggles and suffering.
    One thing that is very difficult for me, personally, is that tons of my fares get all kinds of pills and pain killers, we're talking high grade liver damaging shit, and all I want to do is scream out MARIJUANA WOULD HELP YOU MUCH BETTER THAN THAT.

But I can't because I live in Sweden where, even though we have a large smoking community, it's taboo to even mention it. It's 100% illegal and the gov. won't budge in any way.
    Some of them are extremely depressed, some suicidal and some are ex-junkies who have to use an "unmentionable" that rhymes with letadone. All of them would benefit from a little bud.

You sound a bit self critical. Do you find it hard patting yourself on the back when you accomplish something?

I know your pain. By the end of this year I'm planning on quitting my job and to go to college instead. And I'm terrified that I'm going to fail. I would disappoint my parents and I have no idea where to go from there. A failure at tht magnitude wouldn't sit well with my psyche. I also find it very hard concentrating.

Yeah I'm planning on taking a break after I finish my current batch. So in a few days prolly. I've though about smoking every other day or 3rd but I can't resist smoking, lol.

Yup tht scene from half baked is imprinted, laugh every time I think of it :D

GC is pretty diverse, something made very clear in the religion/politics/philosophy sections lol

Ye I definitely got an amazing set of replies and support. Why did you say NOT have a great time? lol. Everything will be ok. Just gotta do stuff in moderation and stop trippin'.

5. I think he was implying it's not s good time to toke up considering your success with sobriety

Ah... Lol I was puzzled. I have another appointment soon. Hopefully by then I will gather enough information which will maybe lead my Psych to prescribe medical marijuana to me. I am gonna see what's that like. Never tried it. I hear it doesn't make you as high, just kinda gives you body high to cope with pain.

7. Medical marijuana applies to all thc and cbd strains.

What you are after it sounds like is the non psychoactive, cbd oil for pain.

I have read so many things I never heard of before. All of that was done in less than 1 day on Grass City. They should offer this shit in College.

9. #29 Quantary, Apr 26, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2015
    With a psychoactive substance like THC, you do have to be aware of whatever mental conditions or tendencies you have, just as someone with alcoholism in their family has to monitor their drinking habits.

If a person has tendencies to be lazy, paranoid, or just act in self-destructive ways, marijuana is probably not going to turn their life around.  Whenever I hear a story about someone who is a loser because of weed, I just think that person has other issues.  If it wasn't marijuana, they'd find something else to abuse, such as booze, cigarettes, pills, or even food.

For some people, using marijuana is helpful to treat certain medical and psychiatric conditions.   The side effects are so much less than pharmaceuticals.  

However If you THINK you shouldn't smoke weed or are afraid that it's causing you trouble, then I would listen to that voice.  Can you control your usage so that it doesn't turn you into a fuck up?  If so then enjoy the effects, which ironically are more powerful the less you use.  

Magnificent reply. TBH It's not just for my mild health conditions. It's more to mellow out and restart my systems so I can continue my journey but have fun pit stops. I would never abuse it again. We are not discussing hardcore drugs here and if I did this for 8 months I can also control the dosage. I'd smoke mild weed and rarely, this way it won't have a strong effect, as I will also control the amount, hold it in less, etc. Maybe not even smoke it but make edibles. 

11. #31 Quantary, Apr 30, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2015
    If you do decide to keep using the herb, with your Tourette's-like symptoms and anxiety you might try some strains with a CBD/THC ratio of 1:1 or a couch lock inducing indica. Probably shouldn't smoke a sativa dominant strain.

I have a similar nervous system disorder and found that sativa doms  should be enjoyed with caution, especially in edible form. At least if  you ingest  a little too much of a high CBD strain and you just fall asleep.  Too much pure THC can induce a  state of heightened anxiety that can spin into panic.