How content are you with your life currently?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by CaliforniaKushes, Apr 25, 2015.

1. Theres no sanctions against the russian people, its your government we're not fans of. Im sure you'd be just as welcome as you would have been if it werent for the ukraine crisis. If you want to work abroad for a bit i'd say go for it and apply for stuff rather than sat there assuming they'd say no.

2. Cant say im content with life at the moment, but that doesnt mean im depressed or down. Happy as ever, just not content with life. Cant wait till I move down to Tennessee.

You mean work legaly or illegaly? My legal possibility of working depend on me getting a working visa. I don't know of any possibility of getting a temporary working visa for an unqualified job other than working holliday program. Russia is not part of the program and hence I'm automatically ineligible. There is a work and travel program but here I'm ineligible due to age.

4. Right now I'm pretty good. I'm a month into a 3 month trip round Spain and already learning a lot about myself and what I want to do with my life. A bit worried about slipping back into bad habits when I get back. Getting away is very good for giving your mind space and time to think things over without the usual distractions and friends/family telling you who you should or shouldn't be and what you should or shouldn't be doing. Thinking about a career teaching English in Spain but don't really like the idea of going to university. Definitely will have to do some more traveling first I've got plenty of time (or maybe not who knows). Realised I need to treat my body much better my eating at home was really shitty I'm very skinny and I'm one of the people who can't smoke everyday and still be productive. Time will tell

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

5. Im not sure on specifics but i know theres plenty of russians working over here and your people are more than welcome in my country. If thats what you wanna do then look in to it. Whats the worst that could happen?

What's your country though? It's not that I want it to the point of hiding in a cargo ship or anything like that. Like I said I looked into it and saw no legal possibility. Rich countries don't just allow anyone to come and take jobs from their citizens. There are special programs like work and travel and working holiday but they are age/country restricted.

These days I'm looking more into travelling to a southern warm region of my own country at the end of summer to work in a delivery for a couple of months. I also play a green card lottery.

7. Job or career wise I'd say I'm content with that. I want to get a place of my own but I want to be able to support myself comfortably. I do NOT want roommates just cause of the liability risk of them not having rent and stuff.

Outside of work for like the past 6 months - a year I've basically cut off the people I used to hang out with. Became more introverted and disinterested with every one cause it was just the same shit day in day out from high school till a year ago and I got tired of it.

I reallllly want a lady friend but I'm pretty shy and don't get out much.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

8. My country is england but yeah im sure you probably know more about the situation than me tbh. Why not get a fake passport saying you're estonian or something? Just speak russian but a bit slower haha

9. Dont encourage him lol

Its an island and its full now lol

10. Its not full we just need to be more choosey about who we let in. Russian culture isnt too different from ours, they fit in nicely.

11. Life is great.

Could use some free time though with 2 jobs.

12. Scottish,welsh,even the irish have similar cultures. What similarities do we have with the Russians?

And yea maybe its not full,but it cant feed house its current population,so its utter madness to have an open door policy imo

13. Overpopulation wouldnt be an issue if we built enough houses/hospitals/schools etc. We have the resources. The average russian lives no differently from the average brit, we share similar values. One problem is also the amount of people from [unspecified geographical region] who hate what we stand for and want out country to burn from the inside.

14. Agreed,so when we do have the resources then by all means help others who are less fortunate.

Until then the first thing of any goverment is to protect and care for nation above all else.
    I havent seen so many poor people and people struggling,homeless like this before in the UK.

Makes me sad when i see it :(

15. Eh, things could be better.
    But fuck it, once it's better what do I have to work towards or look forward to? This is probably the best part... The chase for happiness.

Sent from my iPod touch using Grasscity Forum

16. #37 Predaliendog, Apr 26, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2015
    I'm finding myself becoming more content with the "grind", that plateau until the next jump. That's where most of your life is spent, just grinding for the next level, if you can't be comfortable there then it makes life hard imo. I used to tell myself that I was doing well for myself and much better than any other 20 yo I personally knew, but that still wasn't enough for me. I needed more, because I knew I wanted much more. But a very high ambition can really dampen your life outlook if you don't how to be content with your present situation and your "grind" towards your dreams.

I'm actively pursuing my goals and am making progress slowly but surely, but sometimes it just takes time. Time doing the right things daily for a while, it compounds. The trick is being happy in the process, and that's what I'm really trying to grasp and accept at the moment. But overall, life's good man. I'm too blessed to be stressed :)

17. Life sucks right now, no friends, money probs, shitty genetics in my room. But its not all bad, I've got a real nice cut of GSC hangin out with the shitty plants showin em how its done so, ya know, whatever.

18. For now yes, I'm pleased. But I'm quitting the bud for a while and I predict volatility in my future :(

19. Like 3/10. I want to achieve something in my life, be a researcher or something, but at this point in my life all I want to do is sit back, smoke weed and chill with friends

and also, you're hot