Racism resparked

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by gogreen610, Apr 23, 2015.

1. I feel like the past year racism has been a big issue in this country. But this generation is making it a big issue again there keepin it alive. Ever since trayvon martin or mike brown theres beens soo many reports on police brutality on blacks or just reports of racism in general. The media keeps disscussing it because of the buzz it gets. But if the media had a story about a white person being discriminated no one would care. Isnt that racism right there?

My problem is racism is still around and unfornatley it probably always will be but it deff is not as severe as it once was i mean half of main stream music and pop culture is black people we even have black guy in office. But this generation cant see that and they gotta keep re lighting a burnt fire. If this shit continues it will get worse and i dont wanna know what this outcome is

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Sounds like your white ;)...

3. Hahah "How can we be racist if everyone on the gotdang tv is black and all them singers on the radio is black, an even that president feller's black!"

4. wow, you even have a black guy in the office ... wtg

5. Cops dont beat up/shoot white people

6. #6 James Ryan, Apr 24, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2015
    They do actually...they kill more white people than black people based on the actual numbers. But black people are shot/assaulted at higher percentage rate.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

7. Racism hasn't gone anywhere, it just gets swept under the table. How bad it is depends on where you live. I can take you many places in the south where you WILL be pulled over and harassed if you have a person of color in the car.

8. It will always be around until we forgive and forget.

You're doing the same thing. I don't deny racism against whites so don't even try pulling that shit with me.

10. We are one race.

The human race.

#onerace

#humanrace

My one and final time using hashtags.

11. You sure it's not the other way around?

12. I'm not sure where you got that stat, but there is no formal documentation or reliable data that suggests more whites are killed by cops as compared to blacks. Doesn't mean what you said is not true, it may be, even so you are looking at the wrong number by citing a simple frequency count.

There is a guy trying to collect that information, and yes, it does indicate more whites were killed by cops than blacks (300-something vs 200-something I think) however, when you look at demographics (white population vs black population) then you will find a MUCH larger percentage of African Americans are killed by cops based on that very faulty data I BELIEVE you are referring to. Whites make up roughly 70% of the US population, African Americans are around 15%. These numbers are based on a census I glanced over several months ago hence the estimates.

Why is it faulty? In nearly half of the cases, the race was not reported. Why? Because there is no formal documentation of said events or is there much of a procedure in place to track how often said events happen or to who.

To the OP, do you really want to go down this road? I could tell you to read a book, educate yourself, open your mind to another's perspective, practice empathy, and incorporate context into your thought process, but you probably won't do any of those.

Most people believe what they want to believe and will only notice the aspects of life that corroborate with their interpretation of the "way things are/should be" regardless of how warped that interpretation is.

A recent, HUGE empirical study came out that suggested vaccines don't cause autism. You think thats going to change most anti-vaxxers views? Here's a clue, it won't.

So I could tell you are wrong, but I'd be wasting my time. That's a realization you have to come to on your own.

13. true.

the "actual numbers" dont matter. there is a disproportionate ratio of white to black people in this country so you cant use stats like that.

the higher rate is what you yinz have to look at.

14. Easiest way to get rid of it is to stop talking about it.
    And yes, Morgan Freeman said something along those lines, I don't know the actual quote though.

15. You should have posted it in politics forum. Or do you want to meet a more chilled attitude here[​IMG]

I don't give a fuck about racism then again I don't give a fuck about anything [​IMG]  I used to partake in heated political mouthoffs these days I won't even open a politics category here

I live in Moscow, Russia and there is quite a racist atmosphere here mostly towards Caucas and Asian migrants because of the crime. Although they aren't doing a half of the trouble that blacks are doing in the states, there are no gang neighbourhoods for instance. Interstingly Africans seem to be moving in. They are mostly involved in giving out commercial street pamphlets.

16. It's not racism. It is all made up bullshit. People who make money off of racism. People who gain power though racism. THEY are the ones who are causing the problems.
    Racism is an excuse now
    To cause riots
    To attack people
    To creat public disruptions
    To destroy property

What is it achieving???
    I think it is making people more racist. It ruined ferguson, idiots, they don't have their fried chicken, liqueur and auto parts store in their community anymore

While all them black people are getting more angrier, becoming more racist, their leaders are raking in more money and gaining more power off of their backs
    Such a shame
    Attacking white people is not going to help your cause.
    It may make you feel beter for the moment, but its not helping, it's only making your cause not legit

17. This is the gov't/media creating chaos so we can continue to move forward into the NWO

18. #19 Mack D Rockefeller, Apr 26, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2015
    Hell yeah, it's time to bow down to Hollywood Hogan, Goldberg, and Scott Hall.

19. Don't forget about Kevin Nash... Such a badass..