Amazing job at Northcoast Horticulture Supply. Advice needed please

Discussion in 'General' started by Sade, Apr 23, 2015.

1. Okay so I dropped off my resume at Northcoast Horticulture Supply. I'm so excited but nervous. I would absolutely love to have this job. So I went in and it is a rather large hydroponic warehouse. I'm thinking "ok I would love to work here but being in Humboldt I'm sure everyone wants to work here." I walk in and to my suprise they are sort of busy. Not much staff at all. I talked to the guy at the counter. Extremely friendly and funny. He called his manager and when he came out was extremely friendly as well. I was very positive and friendly as well. Said they are definitley hiring like in a week. I was so excited I was like " can I just call like every week to check and annoy yall?" ha ha. He was like "great call this weekend." then asked. Now this is where I got caught off gaurd. He said "Do you have any growing experience" Immediate brain fart as in I can't say "fuck yea. Love growing marijuana." haha. So I responded " yea we have tomatoes, corn, etc." Now I'm wearing jeans, boots, my best Cheech and Chong shirt, and a military cap. I'm assuming he realised that i was thinking marijuana. What do you guys think? When I call this weekend should I explain I do have basic knowledge in tents, hydro, leds, etc. Not an expert of course but the basics. What do you guys think?

2. Anyone have any ideas?

3. Yea, just tell them you have some basic experience and are willing to learn. Hope you get the job, let us know if you do.

4. Highly unlikely they weren't referring to marijuana considering the business they are in. However, a cautious approach next time you go in would be to tell them you have experience growing indoor vegetables using tents, if they ask. It's easy for them to read between the lines but your not incriminating yourself while trying to get a job.

5. Yea I plan on saying. Sorry didn't fully grasp the question but I do have basic knowledge with a decent amount of hydro equipment and experience indoors with plants. He saw me hesitate and say "yea like tomatoes and corn." Pretty sure he knows. Ha ha. Said I just moved from east coast. So a lot of people know it is a lot more strict there.

Let's Smoke About It....
    -Adam Demamp

My Organic Grow Journal
    http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1357687-Sade's-Solar-Adventures

6. Good luck Sade!

j

7. I'd walk in to it like you just know a fuckload about plants, and always always always express a hefty knowledge in the appropriate grow methods for marihuana but never come out and say "oh yeah I grow pot and I'm really good at it".

unless you're smoking herb with them then all bets are off and you should spill the beans

8. good luck. seems like a kickass job.