35 LED, any good?

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by TheWizardVillage, Apr 22, 2015.

1. (I posted this in grow room design then I realized there was a subthread for lighting, I apologize for multiple post still getting new to site.)

So about two years ago I bought this LED grow light from Essex bargain hunt for $35.
    I bought it, put it in the closet until I had time to invest in a small grow.

My main questions are:

Was this worth the $35?
    Is it a good light to use on a small grow?
    What would be it's best use?
    Is there anyway to identify the maker?

It reads on top (sorry for low quality pics):

LED Grow Light
    Input Power: 300W
    Input Voltage: 85~265 Vac
    Input Current: 1.2~2.5 A
    Ambient Temp.: -20~+50C
    Frequency: 50/60 Hz
    No Waterproof

Then in large letters it has CE (posted a pic from the internet of the symbol.)

The dimensions are 19in x 13in x 3in

It's quite heavy, I'd guess 10-20lbs.

It also isn't the quietest around but not as loud as a microwave.
    It also doesn't release hardly any heat what-so-ever.

*If your not familiar with Essex they are a reseller of returned or discontinued items from large scale supplies, everyone from Walmart to JCPennys. 

**The way the store works, they price an item, the grow light was $330, and after 30days of not being sold in drops in price by 10%, this continues every week until it reaches 90% off. It will remain 90%off until it is purchased. So to get an item 90% off it must go unsold for 30 day + 8 weeks = 96 days.

Attached Files:

2. looks good and well worth it, seems to be a genuine 300w device and should serve you well upto 4" sq

Okay thanks, what gave away the true voltage?

Would this be sufficient enough for 1 inside plants

*I read all of your thread yesterday, keep us posted on those lights.
    About how much did it cost to to build 1 light?

4. My lights cost $700 in parts and is 413-433watts real watts and you can grow 1 plant no problem just keep the light 12" away

5. I forgot to say that panel has 100 3w chips but runs at a lower power so they don't burn out.

I'm sure theyre of the utmost quality.

Thanks, Ima have to experiment with it.

7. of course worth 35USD, so cheap. [​IMG]  can't sure if it be enough to one plant. but it will works very well if be a supplement with other lights

8. #10 TheWizardVillage, Apr 23, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2015

If I purchased other lights would this help enough to be worth the extra money in utilities? 

You can use it with other lights, so no worries.[​IMG]

10. This light should be more than sufficient for 1 plant, for $35 that was a steal though and realstyles has it right, actual Watts is probably closer to the 150-180w range.  Is this store online or brick & mortar cause I've never heard of a concept like you've described in my area.