wormcasting and molasses tea for hydro?

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by jpete0001, Apr 22, 2015.

1. Making some tea's to prep soil for outdoor and i thought man this looks and smells like some expensive tea's from bigger companies. Has anyone ever added a little tea to hydro? I was thinking of doing some 1 cup wormcasting to 15 gallon res and 1/2 cup to 15 gallons res. I of course would dissolve worm castings and molasses in a little warm water, let sit a day, strain and add juice to 15 gal res. any input would be great. 

2. You *might* get away with it if you aerate the living hell out of it. If not, the tea will turn anaerobic quickly over several days, depending on temperature and dissolved oxygen levels, and then it will start to stink.

A better way would be to keep this separate from your reservoir and hand water in, depending on your gardening medium and method.

J

3. I cant speak on the worms but i have heard bad shit about using molasses in hydro. Everyone says no no..... take it for what its worth.

BigBowlBaggins

4. I used. Molasses in flood tables before but can't remember the doses I know I had a huge harvest with huge tricomes everywhere it might have just been the strain ? But I'm starting a dwc grow and want to try it..any advice?