Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

I dont get weed

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by pinktalkingphish, Apr 22, 2015.

1. You were able to smoke a gram?  Wow, ya -- it's probably crap weed.  You're lucky if it's not stress.  Stress weed gives you little more than a cigarette like high but not so strong and makes you irritable.  Then there's town-brown, which is worthless.  My russian friend called it "drava" which is basically dried crab grass.
    You can very often tell weed quality by it's pungency.  If it's very stinky, it's probably good.  At least, it's not total shit.
    If it's not legal, you might have to try the $20 a gram stuff, which would be equal to about $10 in legal area (I'm in Hollywood).  Even in the city it's common to find $15 grams in places like West L.A. & Santa Monica.
    And, if you want a good high, drive somewhere where it's legal and get a REAL $20 gram.  I never buy the top shelf stuff.  I get high enough on low and medium end.

2. #22 gauger buds 060746 200101, Apr 25, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2015
    I don't get weed either. I never seem to understand it's jokes and references. ;)

But in all seriousness weed was not what I expected either however I was about 13/14 and had no prior experience with drugs and hardly had any knowledge of MJ.

I think the atmosphere your in can definitely have an impact on your high. Just chill in a nice relaxing place (if that's what you like to do while high) and the high is perceived a lot better IMO.

Do you know what grade your weed is roughly? When I started smoking all I could get was low-mids and on some occasions a bit higher quality. It wasn't until I was able to start getting dank that I started being a daily smoker and realized just how damn good weed is. ;)

3. i have to say that i think everyone figures out weed on his/her own, you'll get to know yourself really well but sometimes it can be a lot. it's funny how none of us seems to be able to put a finger on it. Yet somehow we all get it. think of the big picture ☮ 

4. My father literally calls marijuana "Inspiration" and the act of "getting inspired"

I feel like a piece of garlic bread

5. Wtf people complaing that they fall asleep after smooking good indica man just dont smoke tto much next time, play some dumb music, do dumb stuff and enjoy being dumb, its amazing cuz when you think about it sativas will usualy let you smoke even too much even absolutely hugely enstonishifhfgay too much and youll be still ok but with indicas you need like smaller joint and enjoy the stonehenge haha

6. about halfway through, you completely lost me. What?

7. You can completely stop thinking about everything and listen to music without a single thought going through your mind-very stress relieving-right now it's essential to not stressing over whether I'll get accepted into my grad program or not. OR you can zone in a have the most intricate conversations about life, science, innovation, ect... -usually only happens when I'm with other exceptionally intelligent individuals.

Smoke up, lay down.

8. Sometimes it takes people 3-4 times smoking until they finally get "actually" high. It seems like it has worked on you and you just haven't enjoyed it. Cannabis is very euphoric if you get sativa strains and can really really sedative if you smoke indicas . You just need to know your preference . Also a lot of people use it to help them medicinally and it helps them with whatever they use it for. I'd say maybe give it a few more shots and see if its really not for you or not :) 

9. dude your joint is so small hahaha

10. Thc is still new to your body. until it starts recognizing it I think a person like you just won't get it. smoke more

Sent from my intergalactic spaceship hotbox

11. There are other substances to make you become one with the universe. And weed is excellent to mix with them. :) Spirit Molecule and Mushies, the funny little paper tongue tabs aka Wizard Snacks, and other things will open your consciousness up to a level you didn't know previously existed. Highly recommend it 10/10. Weeds a relaxant and medicine, and a fun high to still function on throughout the day, just with a more relaxed mindset and better to perceive and enjoy everything in life you normally do, just better.

12. I think you're worrying too much about if you're high or not that it ruins your actual high.
    It won't 'open up your mind' or anything like that, it's a plant not a spiritual journey :p
    Although personally I find myself to be more perceptive and creative, depending on my mood/high, though i don't really know I could just be thinking that because I'm high

Sent from my iPod touch using Grasscity Forum

13. I have definitely had many times when I did not enjoy getting high. First off, I don't like to smoke too much (just a hit or two gives me a nice mellow buzz). Just like drinking too much, it can get unpleasant if taken to extremes. I also don't find it to be good in social situations. I would rather get buzzed and lay back with some music on.

These days I like to use it to ease the stress. Same way a lot of people, including me, like to use alcohol but grass is not as abusive on the body. 

14. #34 HiddenReality, May 5, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2015
    The point of weed is not to watch TV -_-

15. Way to high expectations imo, its a very mild drug and if you smoke too much you fall asleep so that sounds about right, most people dont get any significant highs the first encounter or so with weed.
    Weed is like a weapon for your mind that takes alot of experience and time too learn howto wield correctly it and its very pleasant when you do!:D

16. don't fucking tell anyone what the point of weed is. people use it for what they like

Sent from my intergalactic spaceship hotbox

17. In my past experiences, weed changes my entire perception/senses of things and allows me to see them in a different perspective. Maybe you should try doing something you normally wouldn't do to see if it appeals to you differently opposed to your sober-mindframe.

18. #38 HiddenReality, May 7, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2015
    too fucking late bitch. but i guarantee weed was around before TV, so to say "the point of weed is to watch TV" is just straight up false. 

19. OP triggered you all and cut out. Hahaha.

20. #40 gauger buds 060746 200101, May 7, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2015
    Nice logic. So anything that was created after weed can't be the 'point' of weed lol.

O's no's I've been using my marihuana wrong because I like to watch TV while stoned. Lol the point of weed is personal opinion therefore there can't be a set in stone point.

So what you said is 'straight up false'