Dark Devil, possible Ca Deficiency?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Ebcrew, Apr 21, 2015.

1. I dunno its been happening to all my plants lately, different strains. i havent been able to narrow it down yet.

Im thinking either calcium deficiency or perhaps a pH lockout?

Heres some pics, if anyone could help me narrow it down i would appreciate it so much! thanks!

2015-04-21 16.57.10.jpg 2015-04-21 16.57.15.jpg 2015-04-21 16.57.23.jpg

2. Im really lost at what to do, im pretty sure the problem is a combination of calcium def. partly because of low pH.. The problem im having is i have nothing to raise the pH of my water. Currently im using baking soda, while it works in raising pH im not sure how good it is for the plants.

When i get my water ready, with added nutes, to the ph i want around 6.5 after i water, the runoff is much lower then what i put in. i really dont know what to do. Should i continue watering at 6.5 or should i raise it a little because the runoff is much lower?

3. Yep looks like a cal/mag problem. This happens mostly in the flower stage. If you have any cal/mag try hitting it with a spoonful. Also I think watering with molasses will help too. (I'm not a 100% on the molasses though. I know it's healthy though.

4. Ebcrew do you use Ca/Mg with each watering? You should, *cough* seeing as where we live we dont have any Ca/Mg in our water, cause of where our water comes from. So go grab yourself a bottle of Ca/Mg+ and give your plants 5ml/gal with each watering. And that problem will go away

5. Next time add some crab meal into your soil and you won't have to worry about cal/mag and pH stuff.

6. If the nutrients are locked out then adding more of them won't help. Need to fix your ph issue first.

You could water in a ¼ cup of powdered dolomite lime per pot, but it takes time to work and isn't really an immediate fix. Something you plan for ahead of time. For example, I add dolomite lime to my soil before planting, if it's not already present like it is in Pro-Mix BX.

You're chasing PH, and the best advice for that is to plan ahead so you don't have to do that in the future. Now you're stuck PHing everything that goes in and out until harvest time.

I do use CalMag, im starting to think its a pH lockout. Im having such trouble getting my pH right. 

MY tap water is around 8.0, when i add nutes it drops. Then after i water the runoff is around 4.5. I dont know how to get it to where i need with what i have, which is basically just baking soda to raise pH.

Im at a loss with this one.

8. reading the ph of your runoff, i use to do that and thats when i had issues. what you need is a cheap soil test kit to see what your ph is of the soil. What soil are you using? Then PH your water according.

9. I've *read* so don't take everything I say to heart that if your in soil, you want to feed and water with 6.0 PHed water/feed because once your plant starts taking up the nutrients it starts to rise so you stArt low for when it rises it won't be crazy high. once again I only read this but thus far has been working for me personally. I've also read phing runoff will just give you inaccurate results.